Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

I was talking to GoGo actually. :)

However, in your case ... yea, if you have previously disputed it as "verify info" or you have addresses tied to the tradelines that match up, you're gonna have a hard time. The only other thing you could do would be to do the thing the OP did with getting the letter from the courts etc... It also sounds like you have a split credit file which is way difficult to fix sometimes. You might want to search for "split file" and see how other people have fixed this.

Sorry, I thought it was for me.

The rep did say that I had three files. Thanks, Ill do my research

What did you dispute it as with EQ?

I also disputed as "not mine" - all old addresses are removed. The only address on there is the correct one and none of my tradelines are tied to the "bk address".

You guys that have IIB accts listed and are disputing the bk public record, are still going to have future problems upon manual review. They may not see the bk if it was removed, but if you had charge offs prior to filing bk, there could be problems.

If they leave the IIB tradelines as they are, any underwriter will know that you filed bk based on the IIB accts. Or, they might report the tradelines as they were prior to bk: charge offs, if you had any. My point is I would probably concentrate on the IIB tradelines first, then try to get the bk removed.

Not sure about everyone else, but when I got rid of the public record all my IIB accounts became positive with no negative remarks. I also did not have any charge offs or lates on these accounts though... so, by disputing the BK, it fixed all the tradelines in one swoop.

I read through all these responses but I'm not seeing where anyone asked this. My bankruptcy was discharged in 2005 and is still reporting with all 3 CRAs yet none of my tradelines are from my bankruptcy; they were all so old they've since fallen off. I have disputed with Equifax but the BK came back verified. I just want this to fall off and with nothing on my report tied to it, not even an address, I don't know why it won't just GO AWAY. Any ideas?

Was this a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13?

Chapter 13 reports for 7 years and Chapter 7 reports for 10 years, so it wouldn't come off until 2015. The tradelines would have fallen off after 7 years.

I read through all these responses but I'm not seeing where anyone asked this. My bankruptcy was discharged in 2005 and is still reporting with all 3 CRAs yet none of my tradelines are from my bankruptcy; they were all so old they've since fallen off. I have disputed with Equifax but the BK came back verified. I just want this to fall off and with nothing on my report tied to it, not even an address, I don't know why it won't just GO AWAY. Any ideas?

"Why it won't just go away" is that it's a legitimate item on your reports that can stay for 10 years. It's coming back verified because it's accurate. The sentiment here seems to be that if you want your BK gone, you're entitled to have it deleted several years early. That is not the case. If there is something inaccurate about the tradeline, dispute it on that basis. If it's accurate, you can 1) lie (such as claiming it's not yours when it is) or 2) wait out the 10 years like everyone else. They're not required to delete a BK just because you want it gone. This is the mistake everyone here is making. You're not owed an early deletion. If it happens, you got lucky. If it doesn't, that's life. You get to pay the price you were warned you'd pay when you filed... 10 years of your name being mud.

Edited by Gaby10

Thirst, something similar happened to me yesterday. I think they split my file, because only certain "newer" TL's are now reporting. the other IIB are all gone. (which actually lowered my score, for AAOA)

So today, I updated my equifax report and notice that my Ch7 BK is now gone from disputing. HOWEVER....

All my IIB account now show the balance prior to BK... Has anyone experience this with IIB accounts? Will the balance revert back to 0? Should I dispute the IIB account as "not mine" Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had my BR removed from Equifax after following the suggestions in this thread. Now all my other accounts are being listed as closed, but paid as agreed (they were never late prior to my filing). Is there any benefit in asking for an investigation to have them removed? Is it possible that could cause the BR to resurface on my report?

The good news: my real FICO is now 760 and I was able to refinance my auto loan and get a CC through my credit union!

The bad news: I still have to work on TU and EX to have the BR removed.

I recently had my BR removed from Equifax after following the suggestions in this thread. Now all my other accounts are being listed as closed, but paid as agreed (they were never late prior to my filing). Is there any benefit in asking for an investigation to have them removed? Is it possible that could cause the BR to resurface on my report?

The good news: my real FICO is now 760 and I was able to refinance my auto loan and get a CC through my credit union!

The bad news: I still have to work on TU and EX to have the BR removed.

Nice! Congrats....I am glad to see this is still working.

Not fair! How come all my IIB accounts got listed as open positive accounts and not closed ones... lol. I'm too afraid to dispute them haha.

Not fair! How come all my IIB accounts got listed as open positive accounts and not closed ones... lol. I'm too afraid to dispute them haha.

Open positive is good...because they will never fall off and help with your AAOA

Well sorta... some of them are marked with N/A for a credit limit and then the others have a credit limit being reported but all of them have not been updated for 2 years and have no payment history. So, I'd think if someone looked at my report they would be like what the hell is that... lol.

Well sorta... some of them are marked with N/A for a credit limit and then the others have a credit limit being reported but all of them have not been updated for 2 years and have no payment history. So, I'd think if someone looked at my report they would be like what the hell is that... lol.

That's what I'm seeing. Some are marked as open with a last reporting date of 2009, some have open with credit limit N/A, some are marked closed with the correct limit and payment history. I'm just not sure if that will be an issue, or if disputing it will get the BR added back to the report when the CRA researches it.

Yea, exactly. I haven't had any issue with them yet... and I've got cards and loans with them being there. I do get a message when I pull my credit score that it says I have too many open accounts though...but I dunno how accurate that is of a reason. We want to buy a house in the next year or so, so I'm wondering if on a manual mortgage review they might question them.

Spydc disputed his accounts after he had the BK removed and nothing was done to resurrect the BK or anything but I dunno if he got lucky or if we would all have a similar experience.

My gut feeling is that once the BK is deleted from EQ, it is not coming back via dispute of the tradelines. I disputed several tradelines that were reporting as n/a with lates, and the BK was never reinserted. I even had dispute results that came back as "account closed - included in bankruptcy", but the accont was actually reporting as closed with zero balance and no mention of IIB. I think EQ has their system set up so that you can not have IIB notations reporting without an actual BK record on your report. If there is no BK PR, the tradelines will default to some other notation.

I would like to try this. My question is how would IIB charge offs be reported once the BK is gone from the file? And how would i dispute them when the bk is gone? As not mine?

Couple of questions for anyone who's gotten the letter from their respective Clerk's office. Did you just sent it regular U.S. Mail? Did anyone do CMRRR? Any recommendations on how to best send it?

Also, has anyone gotten the BK removed but had prior chargeoffs? What happened after the BK was removed?

Lastly, does anyone have an email contact or an executive customer service contact for Transunion? That seems to be elusive.

Any tips or help is greatly appreciated. Many, many thanks in advance!

Let me get this start, I would need to remove the Address that is associated with the BK and then dispute the BK in writing or online mentioning that "It belongs to someone else i with a similar name?"thats it.

well... I am Amazed... I got EQ to Delete my BK today. WOOO HOOO. now working on the badies on it. TU is a NO go as I in the past sent my BK doc to them for updating CR/...EX is next.... One thing i noticed that i had the BK and 2 Judgement removed and it didnot change my score???? any advice

I'll post this question here as well... for those that got the BK removed, what did it do to the remaining IIB accounts? And did those accounts have negative reporting leading up to the IIB notation?

Ok one question I am in Maryland, is there a way to file to have you BK sealed or do you need an attorney to do it..

also should I get the whole file sealed just the motions sealed and have the case name and number public???

I'll post this question here as well... for those that got the BK removed, what did it do to the remaining IIB accounts? And did those accounts have negative reporting leading up to the IIB notation?

Updated to closed status. Removed the payment history and IIB notation. Kept the tradeline and open/closed date, though.

One account had a 60 day on it that went away when they removed payment history. I kept most of my accounts current until filing.

Updated to closed status. Removed the payment history and IIB notation. Kept the tradeline and open/closed date, though.

One account had a 60 day on it that went away when they removed payment history. I kept most of my accounts current until filing.

Thanks. My fear, based on another thread, was that they would remove the IIB and what would be left is the derogs that immediately preceded the BK. Interesting that the 60 day went away. Not sure if I have the balls to try it right now :P

Well I think you already know what happened to mine but for posterity, mine were not deleted or closed... they all became open positive accounts. No derogatories and they were not late or anything before filing. Some have limits reporting and others just say N/A. No payment history exists for them since my BK in 2009. Have not had them questioned at all by any manual underwriting.