Sign in to follow this  
fedtrouble

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

Well in my experience Amex,Citi, and Chase did AR on Experian showing Bankruptcy shortly after my father opened an account with them and nothing has append.

Well in my experience Amex,Citi, and Chase did AR on Experian showing Bankruptcy shortly after my father opened an account with them and nothing has append.

Does Amex pull EQ?

Can anyone help me out on the Letter to the Clerk of the Court? What should it say? They act like they dont understand what I am talking about.

OCCG

You can get them to pull Equifax if you are persistant and find an analyst willing to do it

Edited by FicoChampion

What reason did you give the court for wanting to file bankruptcy under seal?

Certainly that would appear unusual to the court?

So is it correct that some of you are disputing this online instead of through the mail ? and getting it deleted in a few days or a couple of days after you mailed it ? Thank you and have a wonderful day :-)

Umm, off the top of my head I think it said something like belongs to someone with a similar name?

Now that the CFPB is taking CRA complaints. Can't we use that to our advantage such as filing a complainst against TU's method of verification or how TU locks some people out of disputing or accessing their reports online. Ever since I disputed my BK, I have been permanently banned from disputing online. I have checked and I don't have any open disputes.

Now that the CFPB is taking CRA complaints. Can't we use that to our advantage such as filing a complainst against TU's method of verification or how TU locks some people out of disputing or accessing their reports online. Ever since I disputed my BK, I have been permanently banned from disputing online. I have checked and I don't have any open disputes.

Give it a shot who knows!!!

For those of you who were successful in getting BK deleted from EQ, did you thereafter dispute the IIB?

I read that for one of the CB members, the IIB accounts continued to report with "NA" as notation and payment history deleted. Should one also go the next step and dispute the IIB account?

If so, what should the reason be? "Not mine"?

Thanks!

All of my IIB accounts became "positive" accounts after my BK was removed. Some of them are a status of N/A and some of them are just current. They don't seem to be hurting me. Some are also reporting limits. So, it just looks like I have a lot of open accounts. Mine were all positive when I filed for BK...so there aren't any negative things listed on it so I'm not disputing them... just leaving them there. You can ask Spydc though, he disputed some of his accounts after he had the BK removed.

[

So, I mailed each CRA a letter that was similar in stating that the clerk did not give them my SS# and they could not verify it etc etc. I mailed them last week and so the only thing that happened was today on DH report EQ changed a few of the accounts to N/A and removed the IIB. So, Im not sure if that's the end and they are changing those and not removing the BK or if it is a work in progress. Have not heard from TU or EXP

So today, I updated my equifax report and notice that my Ch7 BK is now gone from disputing. HOWEVER....

All my IIB account now show the balance prior to BK... Has anyone experience this with IIB accounts? Will the balance revert back to 0? Should I dispute the IIB account as "not mine" Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For the 5 IIB accounts that now show a balance and a past due amount, would it be better to:

1. Leave it alone

2. Dispute as "not mine"

3. Dispute as "no longer liable for account"

4. Dispute that the balance is not accurate

Thanks!

For the 5 IIB accounts that now show a balance and a past due amount, would it be better to:

1. Leave it alone

2. Dispute as "not mine"

3. Dispute as "no longer liable for account"

4. Dispute that the balance is not accurate

Thanks!

None of the above. Do not dispute online. Use the Jack Attack via the US Mail.

I checked my report via MPM and USAA today and the bankruptcy was gone off EQ but when I updated it on EQ's site it was still there. Its been like this for the past week. All other credit monitoring services have it removed but it still shows on EQ and they still have my dispute as "pending"..is this normal? Im assuming that since its still showing on EQ then its still there, regardless of how it appears on the other sites?

So... I called Equifax because the bankruptcy was still appearing on my equifax complete credit report but not on any of my other daily pullers and they basically told me that they would not removed the report because they have documents from me from back in 2008 verifying that I did in fact live at that address, including a mortgage and a drivers license from a prior dispute. They also told me that I now have three credit files because of the daily pulls which is why some credit monitoring services are showing different accounts and addresses...Am I screwed? Does anyone see anyway around this?

I read through all these responses but I'm not seeing where anyone asked this. My bankruptcy was discharged in 2005 and is still reporting with all 3 CRAs yet none of my tradelines are from my bankruptcy; they were all so old they've since fallen off. I have disputed with Equifax but the BK came back verified. I just want this to fall off and with nothing on my report tied to it, not even an address, I don't know why it won't just GO AWAY. Any ideas?

What did you dispute it as with EQ?

I disputed it as not mine....that was before she told me that they had an old drivers license and a previous dispute from 2007 with that address and just about everything on my credit report is tied to that address including the mortgage. Then I tried calling back and said that it was a relatives address...Same thing. I think Im screwed:cry2:

What did you dispute it as with EQ?

I disputed it as not mine....that was before she told me that they had an old drivers license and a previous dispute from 2007 with that address and just about everything on my credit report is tied to that address including the mortgage. Then I tried calling back and said that it was a relatives address...Same thing. I think Im screwed:cry2:

I was talking to GoGo actually. :)

However, in your case ... yea, if you have previously disputed it as "verify info" or you have addresses tied to the tradelines that match up, you're gonna have a hard time. The only other thing you could do would be to do the thing the OP did with getting the letter from the courts etc... It also sounds like you have a split credit file which is way difficult to fix sometimes. You might want to search for "split file" and see how other people have fixed this.