Jump to content



Recommended Posts

On 3/1/2019 at 12:14 AM, DPB said:

I searched, but wasn’t able to find an answer.

I have a BK7 that was discharged 4/11. That is the only negative item on my reports. 

I’d like to get it removed, but I sill live at the same address that I did when I filed the BK. Is there a variation of the method described here, or maybe another method, that would let me get the BK removed? Or am I stuck with it until 2021?


My apologies for bumping this thread, but I feel like a lot of people are still having questions regarding getting a BK removed, as well as the question this person posted. What does one do in this case? My first thought was to say get a PO Box that is recognized as a street address and include that as your current address in your dispute letter to have the old addresses removed. Then I thought that the CRA would look at your state ID or DL and see the address tied to the BK and not remove it. I mean, one could update the address on their ID to reflect the new address, but that seems like a lot to do. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Edited by BrettL89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information