HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

On 9/22/2018 at 4:39 PM, shifter said:

They didn't do that, it's because you still have accounts that are continuing to report that address. It will continue to pop back up the next month every time. You have to get any creditors updating each month to update your address before you try to dispute it off. 

Actually all my accounts that are associated with my previous address are closed and iib I have moved since then

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HeyGuys/Gals,   Because somany people have requested information on how to remove their bankruptcy Idecided to start a thread so it was easy and accessible.     MySituation:   I filedChapt

You guys that have IIB accts listed and are disputing the bk public record, are still going to have future problems upon manual review. They may not see the bk if it was removed, but if you had charge

Bad things happen to good people. Bankruptcy is just a part of doing business. It is not personal. Contracts are broken everyday for a variety of reasons. That's what bankruptcy is for, to help people

6 hours ago, kaylord said:

Actually all my accounts that are associated with my previous address are closed and iib I have moved since then

Clearly not. You need to get your paper report and compare the address identifier number to each account and see which ones are still associated with the old address and then look at the last updated date and see which ones are still updating. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had BK on EQ and TU, not on EX. I got the BK removed from both. Then suddenly a couple months ago the BK appeared on EX. Did the same process as before but they didn't remove the BK. Wondering should I try Lexington Law or just keep trying. What is the process after they say they verified it's reporting as it should?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, Fixnsell said:

I had BK on EQ and TU, not on EX. I got the BK removed from both. Then suddenly a couple months ago the BK appeared on EX. Did the same process as before but they didn't remove the BK. Wondering should I try Lexington Law or just keep trying. What is the process after they say they verified it's reporting as it should?

Thanks in advance

What method did you use to get the BK deleted off Eq they just deleted my previous address this morning

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 12:54 PM, kaylord said:

What method did you use to get the BK deleted off Eq they just deleted my previous address this morningEq

On 11/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, Fixnsell said:

Thanks in advance

Eq finally deleted the BK. It's gone from TU as well . Still on Ex but I'm going to leave it alone for now bcuz they refuse to delete my previous address. Thanks op

Edited by kaylord
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I searched, but wasn’t able to find an answer.

I have a BK7 that was discharged 4/11. That is the only negative item on my reports. 

I’d like to get it removed, but I sill live at the same address that I did when I filed the BK. Is there a variation of the method described here, or maybe another method, that would let me get the BK removed? Or am I stuck with it until 2021?

• Admin
1 hour ago, creditrepair2019 said:

This is just wrong.  The filing of a voluntary bankruptcy petition constitutes an order for relief triggering the automatic stay.  A dismissed case still exists in the eyes of the law, it just terminated.

Creditrepair2019:   Why the hell did you bump a 3-year-old post?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Admin
8 hours ago, MsPaperdoll said:

Great posts but I didnt read about anyone sending in the letter of proof from the Bk court to show proof that they do not verify information to the Credit agencies. 

You just haven't read on here enough.  Some of our membership have done so in the past.   There have been mixed results as reported.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 2:15 AM, CreditCurious20 said:

Has anyone tried this recently? Does it still work? Do they go through Lexis Nexis and other private vendors or do they go to PACER? Is anyone aware of any case law on whether a four digit SSN match from PACER is sufficient verification?

I am in the process of this right now.

It is my understanding that the lack of a full SSN, coupled with the lack of a DOB, is enough to get the item removed.

Your credit report shows "U.S. Bankruptcy Court, (directional) District of (state)" as the data furnisher. You will not find a judicial branch in our legal system that is willing to share information with credit bureaus (et al). Moreover, LexisNexis "scrapes" data from PACER and local court sites, which means they will ALWAYS lack your full social at the very least, and will lack the resources to fully verify your information.

A full name/SSN/DOB match and account number/history is required to verify an account under every consumer law in existence, and that verification must take place with the original creditor of record (who, surprisingly, does not verify data with 3rd parties).

My suggestion would be to:

1) Follow the initial post.

A good first move, prior to getting written confirmation that the court does not verify with 3rd parties, is to freeze your LN report.  Here is a good form letter to use:

-------------------------------------------------

LexisNexis Consumer Center

P.O. Box 105108

Atlanta, GA, 30348

I am requesting a security freeze be place on my Consumer Disclosure report. I opt out of you disclosing future information until further notice including the C.L.U.E report and other reports furnished LexisNexis regarding all personal information of mine.

This security freeze request not only restricts credit bureaus and creditors, but also future potential employers until I lift this restriction. Under the Fair Credit Report Act, you’re required to comply.

My information is clearly shown below:

FULL NAME

SOCIAL

ADDRESS

ENCLOSED:

PHOTO ID & SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

After this credit freeze has been filed, please send written confirmation to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

Signature

Print Name

------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mrjuggalo9er said:

They won't check pacer

Freezing ln has other consequences but it will work

EX must be greasing LexisNexis' palms. I have my LN froze, and every other major (and minor) CRA froze, and they STILL manage to verify the account.

EQ deleted it.

TU is still on the fence (dispute concludes 11/3)

8 hours ago, Toast73 said:

EX must be greasing LexisNexis' palms. I have my LN froze, and every other major (and minor) CRA froze, and they STILL manage to verify the account.

EQ deleted it.

TU is still on the fence (dispute concludes 11/3)

Are you disputing it in writing or online

3 hours ago, mrjuggalo9er said:

Are you disputing it in writing or online

EQ I did online. Deleted BK and 1 chargeoff. Score tanked 43 points.

EX I disputed via mail, via experian.com/upload and via fax. Won't budge despite everything being iced.

TU I disputed online. Haven't decided what they are doing yet (have until 11/3).

Whether doing it CMRRR or online, if they are going to find a way to verify via PACER or LN, they're going to do it.

1 hour ago, Toast73 said:

EQ I did online. Deleted BK and 1 chargeoff. Score tanked 43 points.

EX I disputed via mail, via experian.com/upload and via fax. Won't budge despite everything being iced.

TU I disputed online. Haven't decided what they are doing yet (have until 11/3).

Whether doing it CMRRR or online, if they are going to find a way to verify via PACER or LN, they're going to do it.

Yes they're going to do it....request method of validation 

1 hour ago, mrjuggalo9er said:

Yes they're going to do it....request method of validation 

I just did with Experian. As I am in "Special Handling", I have a direct fax to an actual American who is assigned to my file. I hope it gets deleted.

Transunion, when my dispute completes, I will MOV by CMRRR.

With everything iced, EQ has also removed all IIB accounts to date. Now, I start fighting the chargeoffs. PIF is really not an option, well, I suppose for utilization purposes I could.

• 1 month later...