Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

Definitely no IIBs could have helped. If someone only has a few it might make sense to try to get those removed first. However, the previous address problem is still bigger. If they're going to verify with a since deleted address, the last four of your SSN and your name, there's not much you can do.

Definitely no IIBs could have helped. If someone only has a few it might make sense to try to get those removed first. However, the previous address problem is still bigger. If they're going to verify with a since deleted address, the last four of your SSN and your name, there's not much you can do.

What was the result of your discussion with your atty in regards to sealing the record?

Going to be tough but we are going to pursue it.

However, my initial filing with my full SSN was already sealed just like the OP. They are verifying through PACER with only the last four.

I've gotten BK address deleted, froze/opted out of LN, Sage, ARS, Innov.

Should I start with dispute rather than MOV? I am intending to send CMRR disputing BK to the big 3 CRAs. Are people still using the method in the original post of send letter to county clerk and then using that in dispute letter to CRAs? Or can I just send dispute and not reference letter from County Clerk. If so, does anyone have a simple dispute template they can provide? I've also seen people say the CRAs are requesting soc sec cards, utility bills, etc. Should I send anything with original dispute or wait for their response. Thanks.

bump

I was told to go after LN first and then Sagestream , Innovis , ARS and Credco that people forget about , then go after the BIG 3

I will look into Credco. Just wondering when I go after big 3, am I starting with a generic dispute claiming that the BK isn’t mine? Or do I need to go through the original posters steps writing to the court first.

I will look into Credco. Just wondering when I go after big 3, am I starting with a generic dispute claiming that the BK isn’t mine? Or do I need to go through the original posters steps writing to the court first.

read the first thread

I actually have read the entire thread. The original post is from almost 6 years ago. Some people say send MOV and others say to dispute first. The original post says to secure a response from BK court first. I haven't read anyone else doing that.

So I had my address that was on file when I did the BK deleted from my file. Now I am wondering how should I go about disputing this item to get this off my file.

Does anybody know If I should dispute this as not mine or something else.?

Removing the address is just the beginning. Have you read the whole thread? What else have you done? You get one shot at this. If you do it wrong it will be cemented to your reports for the full 10 years.

The only things i have done is frozen LN and also sent letters to Pacer and the other one cant recall the name of that company. But the AD i used when i file BK is gone.

I followed the the steps in the first post and disputed my bankruptcy with EQ a few days ago. Today I got a myfico alert . All of my accounts that I included in bankruptcy have been changed from Bankruptcy Chapter 7 to Account Closed By Creditor. Does this mean my bankruptcy has been deleted . I can't check the backdoor thanks

Edited by kaylord

Why's that? That's usually how it works unless you had lates leading up to the BK. Then the lates will show back up. 

2 hours ago, kaylord said:

Equifax deleted my previous address then reinstered smh

They didn't do that, it's because you still have accounts that are continuing to report that address. It will continue to pop back up the next month every time. You have to get any creditors updating each month to update your address before you try to dispute it off.