Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

False alarm...

What do you mean by that?

I was really hoping for you to succeed with removing that PR from your CR especially that I'm going to do the same with mine.

I want to do the same but I'm seeing that its going to be a YMMV type thing but with me its going to be even harder I've got 3 BK's on my report from 2015 and 2016 tried to save 5 houses and ended up losing them all except 1 but oh well i'll get em again

I was really hoping for you to succeed with removing that PR from your CR especially that I'm going to do the same with mine.

my earlier version of that post said something that turned out to be incorrect.

I'm now waiting on TU to respond to my second CFPB complaint.

my earlier version of that post said something that turned out to be incorrect.

I'm now waiting on TU to respond to my second CFPB complaint.

Thank you for clarifying this. I hope you have more luck with the second complaint.

Please keep us posted.

I want to do the same but I'm seeing that its going to be a YMMV type thing but with me its going to be even harder I've got 3 BK's on my report from 2015 and 2016 tried to save 5 houses and ended up losing them all except 1 but oh well i'll get em again

Better sooner that later. Housing market is crazy again :rolleyes:

One thing I have learned finding houses is like a dime a dozen like my father always says there will be another deal around the corner and he is right. i found a great deal on a probate house just waiting to get deed in my name

Hello Guys, Just wonted to know if anybody was able to get a bk of experian,They wonted let me dispute it online

They gave me one shot at it, And that was it, So know they will only look at it if I have new information to send them.

So any information will be great.

Thanks,Robert

Everything you need to know is in this thread. But disputing as not mine online is likely to have fused it to your report for the full 10 years.

Really odd TU deleted all my llb's when I disputed the BK but verified the BK as accurate. Guess I'll roll with it and try again a lil later.

Disputing llb's with EQ now since BK is gone. Keep you posted.

I am still waiting for my results to come back from my IIB dispute with EQ. They seem to take their time on these.

Just received my results back from EQ and they did NOT remove the IIB or change the status to reflect it as closed or open. Guess I will have to redispute by phone.. Transunion is denying me from disputing online. I also have two complaints into the CFPB on experian. Also EQ keeps adding an address that was deleted back on to my credit report.

Still not having any luck with EX, EQ, or TU. EQ refuses to remove the IIB with no BK record on file. EX just refuses completely. TU also refuses completely.

Frustrating!

How are you disputing these? Online or mail?

Ive tried every method possible. Phone dispute, online dispute. I need to try the mail route but I need lots of help if anyone wants to lend a hand! My goal: get approved for a mortgage in the next 2 months. Contract to build has been signed.

I enjoy Experian's response on how they verify public records and apparently they go to the court house pull the record and then scan the records into their system because one lady I was talking to was reading some of the information off to herself. So they acquire the records some how.

Hello

I consider my self a credit expert!

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in June of 2009 and it was discharged in September of 2009. I had many collection accounts with no satisfactory accounts at one point I believe I had 18 -20 collection accounts on each credit report

rebuilding my credit wasn't easy I started the first two years with no credit card not lender would give me a card bank of america and many others would not even give me a secured credit card finally I spend two years rebuilding my credit with first premier bank 29.9% with a $700 limit and $175.00 annual fee starting credit line is $525.00 after annual fee.

It is now 2014 and I have seen much improvement Discover card (3000) Limit APR 18.24 Citi card (3000) Limit APR 21% Chase slate (3000) Limit APR 22% Capital one venture (3000) Limit APR 19.8% Capital one rewards (1000) Limit (12.99) APR

Becu credit card (7500) Limit APR 10.9

BLACK CARD BY VISA (5,000) Limit APR 14.99 Annual fee $495.00 Closed it two days after approval fee is too high

If you are wondering why I have so many credit cards well all of these are recent this month and I was testing the waters to see who would give me the best credit limits and Apr's the high interest will stay in the sock draw until they are lowered

Back in 2012 Sometime I disputed equifax transunion experian bankruptcies equifax is the only credit bureau that will delete this information after you dispute it. If you keep disputing this information on experian and transunion they will block you from ever disputing just the bankruptcy.

I stumbled upon this forum and was curious to try this method since I had no luck disputing them my way so I pretty much copies his entire letter and changed the names the courts ect....... But I did not change the address no time or other address to put

I even emailed the letter to the same director or of operation at experian I was called back the next day.

Experian wants to investigate this information sounds like the lady won't remove this negative information I told her the bankruptcy court doesn't release information to the credit bureaus I said the information your getting from whatever website is false and inaccurate

she says the place experian pulls the information from is from PACER which she says is where the bankruptcy court gets there information from. this is a long shot chance either this guy got super lucky or he did it just right.

Anyways If you have alot of collection accounts listed under adverse accounts I would dispute every single one on each report every month they will slowly fall off one by one trust me it works I am a prime example of re building credit

For those of you trying to get an american express credit card and have a bankruptcy showing on experian good luck it wont happen till that bk falls off after 10 years and I believe bank of america pulls from either experian or transunion

I did find out though when I called the court you can file a motion to reopen you bankruptcy then file a motion to have the record sealed I believe once its sealed it will no longer be Visible to the credit bureaus don't quote me on that they will need good solid reason why you want this sealed hurting your credit is not a good reason the court clerk told me that medical bills and other things of that nature will be good.

2019 will be when my bankruptcy falls off the credit report if we cannot come up with a solution to have it removed sooner

Bankruptcy is not our faults things happen and would could not prevent them if we are willing to fight for ways to rebuild are credit and get good credit limits good APR'S and good auto loans mortgages and if we have to lie about these things to have better credit then so be it life is too short to waste 10 years having perfect credit just because we filed doesn't mean we have to suffer

Some people on here are making it sound like a crime to lie to the credit bureaus when there destroying are reports for 10 years I am close to 5 years into my bankruptcy it took me this long to get these credit limits its a struggle and if theres a way around the system then lets take it I am only 27 years old and I don't want to go any longer with this record of bankruptcy.

Some of you are probability of getting better credit sooner we have a right to it if you don't like our methods of rebuilding are credit you shouldn't be here this forum is too help people build there credit theres nothing the credit bureaus can do if you lie to them. don't let these guys scare you in to believing that keep fighting to get better credit you cannot survive without credit these days do what you got to do to survive

Hello, Well I want to inform everyone that you can get a American Express with a bankruptcy.

I typed in American Express pre-qualify and went to the site last night Feb 19,2018.

I have a bankruptcy that will be 8 years in April and 700 score.

I completed the pre-qualify app which does not hurt your credit score,

and then it popped up a few seconds later,

saying that I pre-qualified for the Blue cash Everyday card.

I figured I would go ahead and apply, and to my surprise,

I was approved with a 1000.00 credit limit.

I did not like the limit, but what the hell I got my foot in the door.

So I guess it can be done.

I wish everyone luck.

Hello, Well I want to inform everyone that you can get a American Express with a bankruptcy.

I typed in American Express pre-qualify and went to the site last night Feb 19,2018.

I have a bankruptcy that will be 8 years in April and 700 score.

I completed the pre-qualify app which does not hurt your credit score,

and then it popped up a few seconds later,

saying that I pre-qualified for the Blue cash Everyday card.

I figured I would go ahead and apply, and to my surprise,

I was approved with a 1000.00 credit limit.

I did not like the limit, but what the hell I got my foot in the door.

So I guess it can be done.

I wish everyone luck.

Amex will approve a card 5 years after discharge date. U were 8 years post so u was well over the 5 year period.

Bankruptcy is not our faults things happen and would could not prevent them if we are willing to fight for ways to rebuild are credit and get good credit limits good APR'S and good auto loans mortgages and if we have to lie about these things to have better credit then so be it life is too short to waste 10 years having perfect credit just because we filed doesn't mean we have to suffer

Some people on here are making it sound like a crime to lie to the credit bureaus when there destroying are reports for 10 years I am close to 5 years into my bankruptcy it took me this long to get these credit limits its a struggle and if theres a way around the system then lets take it I am only 27 years old and I don't want to go any longer with this record of bankruptcy.

Some of you are probability of getting better credit sooner we have a right to it if you don't like our methods of rebuilding are credit you shouldn't be here this forum is too help people build there credit theres nothing the credit bureaus can do if you lie to them. don't let these guys scare you in to believing that keep fighting to get better credit you cannot survive without credit these days do what you got to do to survive

I have to give you credit--at least you acknowledge the lying part.

22 and filed BK.

Now complaining that he has to wait 10 years before it falls off.

Why do I get the feeling that this won't be his last BK?

22 and filed BK.

Now complaining that he has to wait 10 years before it falls off.

Why do I get the feeling that this won't be his last BK?

😀

so essentially since LN returned no information, their MOV is to manually log into the PACER system and view the public record. that sucks. now I don't know where to go since it's true, it's a public record and anyone can view it. I'm just surprised they took so much manual effort to verify.not sure if that's a legal/valid method of verification for them to use?

the more I thought about this The more of a sham I realized it is. Using a previous address to verify is ridiculous and definitely cannot be legal. By definition disputed and deleted information Is incorrect and erroneous. So using disputed and deleted information to verify goes against everything that accurate credit reporting stands for. Not to mention using Pacer to verify SSN is not possible since the courts do not publish the full SSN. So I fired off a second CFPB dispute with all this information.

I'm so incredibly angry right now. TU responded back to the second CFPB dispute and simply said "the BK has been verified, it is remaining on your reports". once again they completely disregarded everything I said about the MOV being illegal and a total sham. didn't even mention it.

I thought the CFPB was supposed to help get things done? I know they used to with my previous complaints through them. but now it feels like TU is just mocking them like a schoolyard bully completely disregarding the points raised and coming back with whatever they want. it's maddening to know they are able to get away with this.

I thought the CFPB was supposed to help get things done? I know they used to with my previous complaints through them.

People here need to stop viewing the CFPB as their savior. It is not the same organization it was two years ago, and financial institutions/credit bureaus know it.

And that isn't political, it's reality.

People here need to stop viewing the CFPB as their savior. It is not the same organization it was two years ago, and financial institutions/credit bureaus know it.

And that isn't political, it's reality.

there's really no doubt about that. my experience has been night and day different this time around. the CRAs know there's no teeth and just mock the process.

I even called the CFPB and spoke to a really nice lady to try to get some traction, but even she freely admitted there's really nothing they can do. the CRA responded to the complaint, so they did what they have to do.

I'm so incredibly angry right now. TU responded back to the second CFPB dispute and simply said "the BK has been verified, it is remaining on your reports". once again they completely disregarded everything I said about the MOV being illegal and a total sham. didn't even mention it.

I thought the CFPB was supposed to help get things done? I know they used to with my previous complaints through them. but now it feels like TU is just mocking them like a schoolyard bully completely disregarding the points raised and coming back with whatever they want. it's maddening to know they are able to get away with this.

I sent an email on Monday to some executive emails that I found online. haven't gotten a response, so decided to call the corporate offices to try to get more information. the CSR told me that my previous dispute letter and MOV had been received and they had simply been coded as "verify" disputes. so all they did was verify the date, court, chapter, etc. they didn't even try to investigate whether it could be an individual with a similar name. they don't even bother to read the letter, they just enter that 2 digit code as quickly as possible.

he seemed to think if he entered another dispute into the system with the right coding, it would be properly investigated (and hopefully removed). we'll see.

I sent an email on Monday to some executive emails that I found online.

So I got a call back today from the executive team from my email. It was completely opposite of the experience that the OP had. She saw a record of the disputes and the CFPB disputes. She basically just regurgitated what they said. They verified through PACER. Using a previous address that has since been deleted. I questioned her on that but she wouldn't budge.

Essentially she said they look at the totality of evidence and the fact that I have so many IIB accounts and the BK that matches up with a previous address they're not going to remove it. Ever.

It seems that the days of easy BK deletion through loopholes is over. It didn't matter that I froze LN because PACER shows all public records. And even though they don't include the full SSN and the address was already gone, they felt that they have enough information to verify it.

That really shouldn't be legal what they're doing in terms of using a deleted address and the existence of other accounts to supposedly verify something that can't be verified on its own. It's a catch-22.

It seems that they would rather keep incorrect information on the report then to delete correct information through a loophole. I'm wondering if the OP didn't have success because he had his case sealed. That may prevent it from showing up on PACER.

At this point I've exhausted all my plays. The one downside with going executive route is that when they don't agree with you, you basically have nowhere else to turn.

I guess the only good news is that there are hardly any creditors will only pull TU. So now I turn my attention to EX. If I can get that one cleaned up along with EQ that should put me in a good position. Before I do anything with them though I'm going to contact my attorney about having my case sealed. Since my case is technically still open hopefully that's something I can have done and maybe that will help my cause with EX. And if having the case sealed indeed does suppress it from PACER then I should be able to call back TU and get them to reevaluate and hopefully remove it at that time.

Attempting to do this now with Equifax.

I tried to dispute the old address online but got a message to fax a copy of DL, SS card within 24 hours. Anyone else get that message.

My DL still shows the address for the BK so I guess I need to go get a new DL with my new address before disputing?

most certainly. however, I believe I got that message also, but I just didn't do anything and they removed the address anyway after a few days.

most certainly. however, I believe I got that message also, but I just didn't do anything and they removed the address anyway after a few days.

Thanks. I filed 3 years ago but have only recently moved. I think the address may still be on there due to old mail/bills probably still going there. Hopefully I can fix all of this in the next few months.

I sent an email on Monday to some executive emails that I found online.

So I got a call back today from the executive team from my email. It was completely opposite of the experience that the OP had. She saw a record of the disputes and the CFPB disputes. She basically just regurgitated what they said. They verified through PACER. Using a previous address that has since been deleted. I questioned her on that but she wouldn't budge.

Essentially she said they look at the totality of evidence and the fact that I have so many IIB accounts and the BK that matches up with a previous address they're not going to remove it. Ever.

It seems that the days of easy BK deletion through loopholes is over. It didn't matter that I froze LN because PACER shows all public records. And even though they don't include the full SSN and the address was already gone, they felt that they have enough information to verify it.

That really shouldn't be legal what they're doing in terms of using a deleted address and the existence of other accounts to supposedly verify something that can't be verified on its own. It's a catch-22.

It seems that they would rather keep incorrect information on the report then to delete correct information through a loophole. I'm wondering if the OP didn't have success because he had his case sealed. That may prevent it from showing up on PACER.

At this point I've exhausted all my plays. The one downside with going executive route is that when they don't agree with you, you basically have nowhere else to turn.

I guess the only good news is that there are hardly any creditors will only pull TU. So now I turn my attention to EX. If I can get that one cleaned up along with EQ that should put me in a good position. Before I do anything with them though I'm going to contact my attorney about having my case sealed. Since my case is technically still open hopefully that's something I can have done and maybe that will help my cause with EX. And if having the case sealed indeed does suppress it from PACER then I should be able to call back TU and get them to reevaluate and hopefully remove it at that time.

I wonder if the outcome would have been different if there were no IIB's on your TU and the BK address was not attached to any existing open or closed TL's.

Edited by DigDeep