Sign in to follow this  
fedtrouble

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

So Experian mailed me back saying that my bankruptcy was verified accurate by the company they used but they didn't send any proof when I sent my MOV letter. What would be my next step with them?

Any updates?

I am in the process of sending them a MOV letter.

So Experian mailed me back saying that my bankruptcy was verified accurate by the company they used but they didn't send any proof when I sent my MOV letter. What would be my next step with them?

Any updates?

Any one more updates on the MOV standoff?

I sent 2 requests for MOV and received nothing but a vanilla generic response from EX that basically stated "a company certified to us that your BK is yours".

I filed a CFPB complaint against EX on January 3rd. for not responding to MOV requests properly.

All requests were sent CMRR so I attached a copy of my paper trail to the complaint.

Waiting to hear. I will update.

Edited by steelers1

I sent 2 requests for MOV and received nothing but a vanilla generic response from EX that basically stated "a company certified to us that your BK is yours".

I filed a CFPB complaint against EX on January 3rd. for not responding to MOV requests properly.

All requests were sent CMRR so I attached a copy of my paper trail to the complaint.

Yeah I'm in the same process right now. Just received the generic response to my dispute. Fired off a MOV yesterday and expect to get the same response and then have to move to the CFPB.

Any updates?

Any updates?

Any one more updates on the MOV standoff?

I just received the response to my CFPB complaint yesterday. Here's the meat of it.

"Thank you for submitting your complaint on January 3, 2018, through the CFPB Complaint Portal and directly to Experian. We appreciate consumers who take the time to let us know about their experiences with our company. We have reviewed and considered the information you have supplied through the CFPB portal and directly to Experian. In your complaint, you indicated there is bankruptcy information on your report which has not been properly verified. You stated that you have asked for the method of verification and have not been provided with that information. You also explained that you contacted the court and they confirmed that they do not perform this verification. You would like the bankruptcy deleted from your report. Our records indicate that you have previously requested a dispute regarding the bankrupty and requested our method of verification. Per your previous requests to conduct a reinvestigation, we contacted the public record vendor, and we conveyed your disputes. The public record vendor responded and verified that the disputed information was accurate as reported. The results summary for the most recent dispute was forwarded to you on December 27, 2017. According to our records, we forwarded you information about the method of verification most recently on December 21, 2018. If you have any additional supporting new documentation regarding the disputed information, you may forward that to Experian for further review."

Once again just more BS. They STILL HAVE NOT given up the MOV unless "public record vendor" is acceptable.

Where do I go from here?

so I looked into 15 U.S.C. § 1681g in more detail.

it only seems to specify that the CRA is required to provide "the sources of the information (contained in the consumer's file at the time of the request)".

I don't see anything that indicates that they have to provide any documents or information that they have gotten from that source.

so it would seem that "public record vendor" would be sufficient, I suppose.

the bigger issue at hand is that obviously LN didn't verify since it's locked up. so either they are lying and they took it upon themselves to "verify" or they are getting information from some other source.

either way it seems to be a dead end if even if the CFPB can't do anything.

the other thing is that assuming LN provided the information to them in the first place, they could use that copy to "verify" when they try to get an update and LN is frozen. it would appear they can see that LN is frozen and that is different from LN returning "not on file". so they see "frozen" and they just use the existing copy from before.

it only seems to specify that the CRA is required to provide "the sources of the information (contained in the consumer's file at the time of the request)".

I don't see anything that indicates that they have to provide any documents or information that they have gotten from that source.

the bigger issue at hand is that obviously LN didn't verify since it's locked up. so either they are lying and they took it upon themselves to "verify" or they are getting information from some other source.

I was searching yesterday and this is a very interesting blog post I came across:

http://www.700creditrepair.com/blog/why-you-should-never-ever-dispute-negative-items-online

My INITIAL dispute was online but the MOV requests that followed were mailed.

So according to this post I F**KED myself.

My BK is going on 4 years and its only on EX now so I'm just going to let it be.

FCRA § 611(6)(b(iii)

States that the CRA must provide to the consumer the business name, address and phone number if available of the furnisher who provided the information.

Edited by steelers1

I received a letter from sagestream providing a 2 page report today. My BK TL was not listed; however, in the same envelope, they provided my Innovis report. Stated I was opted out from Innovis. Not sure if they are merged but there was no public record listed. I did see my address attached to my BK TL.

I read about a strategy to call the bureaus and ask to correct the address. I.e. it’s not 1234 stone st , its 234 stone st. An address that doesn’t exist. Well, I just changed one of my credit card address today to “234 stone st” which should report by the 3rd. It will be posted on Experian report which will give me an some ground to convince the CB rep to amend the BK TL. “Look, this address is wrong, it should be 234 stone st, see, my credit card is attached to it”.

Wish me luck, I’ll know this week when I try.

I live next to Experian’s office, should I try and do this in person or will it be better to talk to an offshore rep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you told your credit card company that your new address is one that is non-existent or you don't live at?

Yes, I changed the address on my discover app. I have paperless statements so it didn’t matter to me. It just updated today with the “new” address.

I will keep you guys informed if this worked

I called Experian and tried to have them switch the BK address to the mistyped address, however, the rep wouldnt do it. he asked if i ever filed BK and I said no. stated i would need to dispute. Should I send in a letter asking how they verified the address, show me proof? I am not sure what my next steps should be. Ive blocked my files already , how else can i get rid of this address???

I received a letter from sagestream providing a 2 page report today. My BK TL was not listed; however, in the same envelope, they provided my Innovis report. Stated I was opted out from Innovis. Not sure if they are merged but there was no public record listed. I did see my address attached to my BK TL.

I read about a strategy to call the bureaus and ask to correct the address. I.e. it’s not 1234 stone st , its 234 stone st. An address that doesn’t exist. Well, I just changed one of my credit card address today to “234 stone st” which should report by the 3rd. It will be posted on Experian report which will give me an some ground to convince the CB rep to amend the BK TL. “Look, this address is wrong, it should be 234 stone st, see, my credit card is attached to it”.

Wish me luck, I’ll know this week when I try.

I live next to Experian’s office, should I try and do this in person or will it be better to talk to an offshore rep?

So you told your credit card company that your new address is one that is non-existent or you don't live at?
Yes, I changed the address on my discover app. I have paperless statements so it didn’t matter to me. It just updated today with the “new” address.

I will keep you guys informed if this worked

I called Experian and tried to have them switch the BK address to the mistyped address, however, the rep wouldnt do it. he asked if i ever filed BK and I said no. stated i would need to dispute. Should I send in a letter asking how they verified the address, show me proof? I am not sure what my next steps should be. Ive blocked my files already , how else can i get rid of this address???
What is a "mistyped address".?

When disputing the addresses did you do it all online? Also there are SEVERAL misspellings of my name on my reports. Do I challenge those too or let them stay?

Getting addresses deleted is incredibly easy. I called all three as demanded they delete my old address. All did with no problem. Next question is, what website did yall use for each to dispute the BK?

no. you never dispute online other than for addresses and personal information.

Yeah I'm in the same process right now. Just received the generic response to my dispute. Fired off a MOV yesterday and expect to get the same response and then have to move to the CFPB.

Got the exact same vanilla dispute response again from TU stating nothing but "verified accurate". This is after my letter specifically stated I was not disputing the record again and not to send me another dispute result. They sure are dense. Off to the CFPB now...

BK deleted from EQ on January 13th with a account IIB , received a report that it reappeared with a account IIB , what can I do ?

BK deleted from EQ on January 13th with a account IIB , received a report that it reappeared with a account IIB , what can I do ?

From what I remember you threatened to sue some supervisor on the phone and the next day it was deleted and you thought you had won.

What actually happened is he opened a dispute and it was temporarily hidden while the dispute was open. The dispute is now finished and it was verified accurate and it was restored on your report.

What can you do now? Nothing.

What should you have done in the first place? Followed the steps as outlined instead of inventing your own method.

From what I remember you threatened to sue some supervisor on the phone and the next day it was deleted and you thought you had won.

What actually happened is he opened a dispute and it was temporarily hidden while the dispute was open. The dispute is now finished and it was verified accurate and it was restored on your report.

What should you have done in the first place? Followed the steps as outlined instead of inventing your own method.

that was experian

that was experian
not equifax but thank you for word of wisdom but anyway I received an updated credit report from experian and BK as well as all 4 accounts IIB was deleted and Fico is EX Fico is 785

Got the exact same vanilla dispute response again from TU stating nothing but "verified accurate". This is after my letter specifically stated I was not disputing the record again and not to send me another dispute result. They sure are dense. Off to the CFPB now...

I'm in the same exact boat. I guess the answer is CFPB. Any advice?

I'm in the same exact boat. I guess the answer is CFPB. Any advice?

I opened my CFPB dispute last week. waiting to hear back.

TU responded just to give themselves more time. Now they have up to 60 days.

TU responded just to give themselves more time. Now they have up to 60 days.

That is a wth?

They would not delete mine until I filed a note to compel Arbitration and sent it CMRR. I told them they had 30 days from the receipt of my letter to delete. It has been gone for a long time now.

heard back from TU today. here's what they said:

In response, the disputed information was verified as reported along with your name previous address and Social Security number. Please note, we mailed you a letter advising you of TransUnion’s investigation procedures for you to review. TransUnion has verified that the bankruptcy information reported in your credit report accurately reflects the public record of the United States Federal Bankruptcy Court, and is currently reported on your credit report as permitted by federal law. Please note, bankruptcies are a matter of public record and may be accessed via PACER (Public Access to Court Records) at www.pacer.gov. PACER serves as the way for persons or organizations to obtain case information electronically instead of requiring those same persons or organizations to visit the courthouse physically to view a case file. Because court records ARE public, any person or organization can view them through the PACER system.

so essentially since LN returned no information, their MOV is to manually log into the PACER system and view the public record. that sucks. now I don't know where to go since it's true, it's a public record and anyone can view it. I'm just surprised they took so much manual effort to verify.

not sure if that's a legal/valid method of verification for them to use?

Edited by shifter

heard back from TU today. here's what they said:

In response, the disputed information was verified as reported along with your name previous address and Social Security number. Please note, we mailed you a letter advising you of TransUnion’s investigation procedures for you to review. TransUnion has verified that the bankruptcy information reported in your credit report accurately reflects the public record of the United States Federal Bankruptcy Court, and is currently reported on your credit report as permitted by federal law. Please note, bankruptcies are a matter of public record and may be accessed via PACER (Public Access to Court Records) at www.pacer.gov. PACER serves as the way for persons or organizations to obtain case information electronically instead of requiring those same persons or organizations to visit the courthouse physically to view a case file. Because court records ARE public, any person or organization can view them through the PACER system.

so essentially since LN returned no information, their MOV is to manually log into the PACER system and view the public record. that sucks. now I don't know where to go since it's true, it's a public record and anyone can view it. I'm just surprised they took so much manual effort to verify.not sure if that's a legal/valid method of verification for them to use?

the more I thought about this The more of a sham I realized it is. Using a previous address to verify is ridiculous and definitely cannot be legal. By definition disputed and deleted information Is incorrect and erroneous. So using disputed and deleted information to verify goes against everything that accurate credit reporting stands for. Not to mention using Pacer to verify SSN is not possible since the courts do not publish the full SSN. So I fired off a second CFPB dispute with all this information.