Sign in to follow this  
fedtrouble

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

LN has different sections so you have to make sure they do a full freeze & go ahead and dispute with LN while you are at it.

U are correct blake most of the time when u tell LN to freeze they just do Riskview. Im look at mine when i get home but I'm pretty sure that's all the freeze confirmation stated.

this is what it says on LexisNEXIS WEB SITE. I am assuming what should be do is correct the infor with them thennnnnnn freeze... I chose to do it this way plus in the options for why I chose other and wrote a little note of what I don't want

Please note that your information will remain in the following products and services: restricted public records products which are available to law enforcement entities; products regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act; third party data available through real time gateways; news; and legal documents

Sixth: I then went through and disputed all the IIB’edaccounts, explaining in my dispute letters that the there was no bankruptcy andit had been deleted and these accounts needed to be deleted too. Several weeks later I received my disputesback and all of the IIB’ed accounts were gone. I made sure before I disputed the IIB’ed accounts off that all the oldaddresses were removed. I will say thatduring the phone call with Experian the lady manually removed several addressesfor me.

For the people who have successfully done this: for the sixth point, about the IIB'ed accounts, did you claim the accounts were never yours to begin with or just that it was an error that needs to be resolved? I think it would be a red flag to have a bunch of open accounts that have been closed for several years, especially if the accounts were either maxed-out or had a high utilization percentage. That might negatively affect the credit score, no?

I find it weird that this thread is still going...

Why? I'm in the process of doing it and I'm looking at it weekly. Is there another thread?

Why? I'm in the process of doing it and I'm looking at it weekly. Is there another thread?

Because I did it, a long time ago

Are there drawbacks to having IIB accounts and the BK itself removed?

Does the BK give comfort to some creditors knowing that you cannot file again in the near future and increase the likelihood of approval? I'm less than 2 weeks post discharge and was approved for an $8k Discover. Would they have done that with me if I didn't have a recent BK? Or did seeing that I couldn't file BK give them the confidence to give that approval?

What about the affect of removing IIB accounts on the AAOA? For me, these accounts have a long history and most of them have no late payments. Does removing the IIB accounts give a bigger boost to the score than the loss due to a shorter AAOA?

If the BK is removed, but not all the IIBs are removed, how does that affect approvals with cards that do not permit BK in the recent past? Would they only look for the BK itself, or would you be disqualified for any IIb accounts?

Any other concerns?

Because I did it, a long time ago

Are you "fedtrouble" ? I have read over this entire thread these past few days. Such valuable information! Thank you so much for posting!! :)

Hi Robert. I moved to new new county but my previous residence county and my new county are in the same district. Will this work since they are in the same district?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Robert. I moved to new new county but my previous residence county and my new county are in the same district. Will this work since they are in the same district?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it matters that you are in the same district......what matters is that you have a new address.......now you can move forward with following the process.

Are there drawbacks to having IIB accounts and the BK itself removed?

Does the BK give comfort to some creditors knowing that you cannot file again in the near future and increase the likelihood of approval? I'm less than 2 weeks post discharge and was approved for an $8k Discover. Would they have done that with me if I didn't have a recent BK? Or did seeing that I couldn't file BK give them the confidence to give that approval?

What about the affect of removing IIB accounts on the AAOA? For me, these accounts have a long history and most of them have no late payments. Does removing the IIB accounts give a bigger boost to the score than the loss due to a shorter AAOA?

If the BK is removed, but not all the IIBs are removed, how does that affect approvals with cards that do not permit BK in the recent past? Would they only look for the BK itself, or would you be disqualified for any IIb accounts?

Any other concerns?

Most of your questions are answered here:

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=599013

Get your reports CLEAN of all IIB accounts and PR's. Forget about AAOA.

The score will take care of itself.

I have some friends that I tried to help remove a BK 13 and it keeps returning as the provider may not know how to contact you and give me Lexis Nexis as the provider of the information even though I have frozen them. Can anyone assist with a new method to remove the BK's from Lexis and then from the big 3?

MY BK was deleted and my score went down 22 points.... I need advice. I posted this on another thread, but didn't really get an answer. I think this forum is more on topic.

My chapter 7 discharge was in Dec 2015. I have been disputing with Equifax. At first, I disputed my old address and they would not remove the address associated with my BK. Last week I sent them a certified letter disputing 5 accounts that were included in BK. This is all I said and asked for verification. “I challenge the accuracy, compliance and reportability of these accounts.”

They concluded the dispute yesterday. First, I received an alert from MyFico that my credit score went down 22 Points. Later in the day, Equifax sent me a link to view the results and download my credit report.

The BK was deleted, and so was the address associated with it. However, the 5 accounts that were included in BK are now reported as below. So now, I need advice on what to do next and how to dispute the accounts below to remove them from my report.

Capital One charge off / last activity 9/11/ Balance 0 / Date reported 9/3/17

Sun Coast CU charge off/ last activity 12/11/ Balance $3744/ Date reported

8/31/17

Sun Coast CU 150+ Days late/ last activity 12/11/ Balance $ 20,453 / Date reported 1/27/2016

Amazon charge off/ last activity 8/2011/ Balance 0/ Date reported 2/22/16

Walmart charge off/ last activity 8/2011/ Balance 0/ Date reported 3/07/2016

My chase mortgage which was Paid as Agreed/ and re-affirmed in BK is still show as a positive trade line, however the comment “Reaffirmation of Debt” is still noted.

So Experian mailed me back saying that my bankruptcy was verified accurate by the company they used but they didn't send any proof when I sent my MOV letter. What would be my next step with them?

Called EX to dispute the BK, which has a different address than my current one. The agent actually called the BK court while I was on hold and verified with me that yes the address was different and yes the name was different (I'm a II, III, etc and didn't include that on the BK). However, he said the SS # was the same and therefore he couldn't delete the BK and the IIBs. I argued that he had to because the information didn't match blah blah blah...I got nowhere.

Any thoughts on this?? It was like talking to a brick wall trying to explain to the agent that they can only report accurate info so I'm doubting that will work - probably have to get a little more aggressive but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen

Have you checked PACER I did not think the full SS# is provided. How can they verify if they dont provide it? I have a hard time believing that they are calling the court, mine wont even talk to me about it after waiting forever to get through the digital phone tree. They just refer me to PACER. Has anyone been able to garner where EX and TU are getting the public record data?

It only provides the last four digits to the general public.

It's the same even if it's your case and you login to pacer yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI, if you find the Tax ID Number search field in PACER and type your full social security number in, it will match the case and display it. So, there is a way there for it to be verified...

So Experian mailed me back saying that my bankruptcy was verified accurate by the company they used but they didn't send any proof when I sent my MOV letter. What would be my next step with them?

Any updates?

I am in the process of sending them a MOV letter.

Well, I'll give the original poster an A for daring and innovation and an F for ethics.

Ethics???

Do you mean the same ethics that were involved in the banks writing all the bad mortgages?

Maybe the same ethics that were used when credit card companies would rate jack consumers for no reason.

Perhaps the ethics that were applied when Wells Fargo thought they would open up accounts in their customers names without their consent.

The OP shared his experience with others to help them.

There is no ethics in finance its just business.

I have read the thread all the way through a couple of times and the question of addresses has been brought up and about removing them.

My question is if I have any addresses that are not associated with the BK do they need to be removed? I'm assuming no and that the address removal is for ones connected in some way to the BK?

Thanks