Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

EX is driving me nuts BK Verified. Opted out of LN and sent letter from court.Frustrated. any suggestions?

well they are getting their information from somewhere. Have you frozen ARS, Sagestream and Intellius as well. I know the feeling with EX........it was an absolute pain in the a** to get my addresses deleted only for them to verify the BK quicker than EQ deleted it. I have no clue whether having ARS and Sagestream frozen will make any difference whatsoever but when I disputed, I like you was opted out of LN but didn't have these other two frozen....so who knows.......I am waiting until I can get sagestream frozen before submitting my dispute again.

If you have any trade line and an address that matches the "address identifier" of the BK it will not be deleted with EX.

I have two positive trade lines that will be 10 yrs old next year that keeps the address that is also linked to the BK on file. Also, if you push EX too hard they will verify on their own and you will have no chance of getting it removed. I'm likely going to be stuck with it on EX till it reaches 10.

If you have any trade line and an address that matches the "address identifier" of the BK it will not be deleted with EX.

I have two positive trade lines that will be 10 yrs old next year that keeps the address that is also linked to the BK on file. Also, if you push EX too hard they will verify on their own and you will have no chance of getting it removed. I'm likely going to be stuck with it on EX till it reaches 10.

Well that is your problem....you have positive tradelines that have an address connected to the BK. I got all my addresses except for my current deleted from EX including the one linked to the BK.......nothing is connected to the BK now.............as for pushing EX too far, I really don't care because my BK only has 21 more months to be listed on my reports so I really don't have anything to lose except it being listed for 21 more months.

I hear you but they won't delete the addy that the positive lines and my BK is linked to. I mean what now? Delete the positive trade lines like a goofball? I called the OC's and updated my new addy but they won't push an update to the CRA.

I hear you but they won't delete the addy that the positive lines and my BK is linked to. I mean what now? Delete the positive trade lines like a goofball? I called the OC's and updated my new addy but they won't push an update to the CRA.

Are you saying that you have a new address that isn't linked to the BK? If yes you will probably have to wait for a billing cycle or two for the new address to appear on your CRAs if the OCs are refusing to update the CRAs. Then call the fraud department at EX and lie!!!!!!!! Tell them that you have never lived at any of the addresses except your current address. To be honest, when I did this, I did get a lot of push back as they stated that such and such addresses were connected to various tradelines including positives and the BK. You have to be firm and say that you never lived at the addresses and they will come back and state something like "to clarify, what you are saying is that these addresses are fraudulent"........as much as I hated to say it.......I said yes to that question.......and then they said fine and they were deleted 24 hours later................they did send out a fraud alert to the other CRAs but that isn't a big deal. One thing I wasn't aware of when I did this was that the address that was connected to my BK was the address when my BK was finalized..............I filed in June 2008 and then moved a couple of weeks later with the discharge coming in October 2008 and all these years I had thought that the address tied to my BK was the one when I originally filed.

So.

I disputed on all 3, 2008 BK7.

Came back verified used short form bk dispute letter found on CB. Indicating withiut admitting BK is inaccurate and Court shows no record of such as I have the ltr from Court which I really dont. *no reason what to them*

As expected, they all verified.

However 2 of which have inaccurate File number (missing letters). Each response for me to provide them info.

Im thinking next I need to actually get real letter from court stating they dont verify.

My addresses associated with bk have been deleted. But i do have many old positive tradelines tied to it. Called all old creditors, but they seem to not push this update to bureaus on old closed accts.

Im so close to 700 club. I seriously want to hit it end of 2016!! Major goal for me.

This is a major factor on my reports

And

So.

Came back verified used short form bk dispute letter found on CB. Indicating withiut admitting BK is inaccurate and Court shows no record of such as I have the ltr from Court which I really dont. *no reason what to them*

However 2 of which have inaccurate File number (missing letters). Each response for me to provide them info.

Im thinking next I need to actually get real letter from court stating they dont verify.

My addresses associated with bk have been deleted. But i do have many old positive tradelines tied to it. Called all old creditors, but they seem to not push this update to bureaus on old closed accts.

Im so close to 700 club. I seriously want to hit it end of 2016!! Major goal for me.

And

you did do all the prep work....freezing LN, sagestream, ARS, Innovis before starting your original dispute right??????

So today TU removed a ch 7 BK and IIB USAA and discover accounts on my finances report. I follow steps laid out her. TU verified then I faxed a letter saying the violated fcra because BK court said it doesn't report info to 3rd parties and demand removal. I stated it was not dispute but a demand to remove with intent to sue. A few days later and it was gone. Still waiting on EQ dispute

Hi! Do you have a template of the letter you used?

My clean-up has been going on one yr. All of my tradelines, addresses, etc have been removed that were attached to my ch7 from 2009. Took a yr for EX to finally remove the addy assoc with the BK. They did so last week, so I disputed BK with EX with the letter in purple font from page 25 of this thread as an attachment (online dispute). But they came back verified with the BK.

TU I disputed as not mine...came back verified today.

EQ wouldn't let me dispute online so it said to fax a dispute in with a pic of my DL.

Today I froze LN. I am so close to having an almost completely clean CR! With the exception of a 2012 charge-off acct from during divorce period that ex-h was suppose to take the debt in divorce, but didn't get included in his ch13 since I was primary card holder on the acct...but I found out a bit too late and ended up taking the blow.

Does this game plan sound good?:

Get a letter from the court

Dispute with a new letter (hopefully trubliever will share their verbiage/letter!)

Then dispute all 3 CRAs (still haven't done EQ)

Thoughts?

We want to buy a home next spring!! I'm almost at 700.

Also, how much did your scored increase when you got BK's removed?

THX!!!

Edited by akmama08

So today TU removed a ch 7 BK and IIB USAA and discover accounts on my finances report. I follow steps laid out her. TU verified then I faxed a letter saying the violated fcra because BK court said it doesn't report info to 3rd parties and demand removal. I stated it was not dispute but a demand to remove with intent to sue. A few days later and it was gone. Still waiting on EQ dispute

Hi! Do you have a template of the letter you used?

My clean-up has been going on one yr. All of my tradelines, addresses, etc have been removed that were attached to my ch7 from 2009. Took a yr for EX to finally remove the addy assoc with the BK. They did so last week, so I disputed BK with EX with the letter in purple font from page 25 of this thread as an attachment (online dispute). But they came back verified with the BK.

TU I disputed as not mine...came back verified today.

EQ wouldn't let me dispute online so it said to fax a dispute in with a pic of my DL.

Today I froze LN. I am so close to having an almost completely clean CR! With the exception of a 2012 charge-off acct from during divorce period that ex-h was suppose to take the debt in divorce, but didn't get included in his ch13 since I was primary card holder on the acct...but I found out a bit too late and ended up taking the blow.

Does this game plan sound good?:

Get a letter from the court

Dispute with a new letter (hopefully trubliever will share their verbiage/letter!)

Then dispute all 3 CRAs (still haven't done EQ)

Thoughts?

We want to buy a home next spring!! I'm almost at 700.

Also, how much did your scored increase when you got BK's removed?

THX!!!

Don't take this the wrong way but if your list of steps is true then you made the mistake of disputing before freezing LN which certainly could make it a lot more difficult to get the BK removed. I was successful in removing my BK from TU and EQ on the first attempt after I had frozen and opted out of LN. However, I recently had EX verify my first BK dispute so I am waiting for them to respond to my snail mail letter requesting the documentation they used to verify. When it came to my wife, two disputes over her BK were verified by EQ in record time and if I am honest, I think the reason why the first time was verified was because I didn't leave enough time between freezing LN and disputing.....the second time I am convinced they just looked at the results of the first dispute and used that instead of actually doing any investigation. So my plan for my wife is to threaten EQ with arbitration to see if that will get them to delete and I'll do the same with EX if such a thing exists for them and if they refuse to delete my BK. One last thing, if you are looking to buy a house, and you manage to get the BKs removed before you apply for the mortgage, you are still going to have to declare that you had the BK........I don't know how much effect that would have on your interest rate but it is something to keep in mind.

So.

And

you did do all the prep work....freezing LN, sagestream, ARS, Innovis before starting your original dispute right??????

I've been trying to freeze LN for the last 9 months. They won't budge even with documebtstion from FED GoVT about OPM BREACH. Idk what else to give them to make it happen. Geezus

I will do others tomorrow.now i see there are others

So.

And

I've been trying to freeze LN for the last 9 months. They won't budge even with documebtstion from FED GoVT about OPM BREACH. Idk what else to give them to make it happen. Geezus

I will do others tomorrow.now i see there are others

Ok I am not sure how you are approaching this but you seem to have the same confusion as I had when I tried to freeze and opt out of LN. First of all, you can call LN customer service and ask to freeze your riskview consumer report. It is very easy and no questions are asked as to why. I don't have the phone number readily available but I am sure you can find it on CB or someone else will provide this.

Next in order to opt-out of LN go to the link that I have pasted below:

https://optout.lexisnexis.com/oo.jsp

Select option "I do not want my information publicly available via Lexis Nexis products" and fill out the rest of the personal details and that is it and then submit online......no documentation needed. Of course I have no idea, how strong the opt-out is in comparison to the other options such " I have been a victim of Identity fraud" where you do have to submit documentation.I fretted for months over this issue thinking that I had to come up with some form of documentation in order to submit an opt-out request. All I do know is this............When I froze LN via their customer service, I was told that it would be complete within 24 hours............which it was and I submitted a dispute for my BK immediately after the 24 hours had lapsed with EQ and 24 hours later it was deleted. I next submitted a BK dispute with TU which was before I did all the other freezing at SAgestream, ARS, Innovis and opt-out of LN. They took the full 30 days for the investigation before deleting. Before they were finished with their investigation, I had completed all the aforementioned freezes. Next I told a pack of lies to EX in order to get them to delete the addresses.....then I submitted my BK dispute with them and to my shock they not only verified but they did it in less than a day...............so i have no clue if any of the additional stuff actually helps in obstructing the chances of the CRAs verifying. Just an extra wrinkle to my story, I followed the exact same LN freeze path for my wife (who was on the BK) when it came to EQ and TU,,,,,,,,,,,,EQ verified and TU deleted and I have no clue why it didn't work for both CRAs for my woife but did for me.

Let us know how you get on.

Are any of these that are getting removed new BK's? Or within the last two years? Trying to see if this would work for me.

Are any of these that are getting removed new BK's? Or within the last two years? Trying to see if this would work for me.

You have to read the whole thread for more details but what I gleaned from some of it is it doesn't really matter how old your BK is, it just involves extra work if it is new or less than 7 years old because the accounts included in BK stay on the report for the usual 7 years........my BK is 8 years old so I didn't have this issue.........some people with newer BK reported that once the BK was removed, the BK accounts turned positive........but again you need to read this long thread for more details. One last thing I will say is I think for this to work you need a separate address that isn't connected to the BK so if you are living in the same address from which you filed your BK you may have a problem with getting it removed from the CRAs.........but again I didn't have this problem because I had moved from the BK associated address........and again you need to read this whole thread to information that relates to your situation.

If you delete a bankruptcy does the public records update / re-insert it again after a while? Same for tax liens

It isn't deleted from public records, only from the CRAs if you are successful at disputing it off. There is always a chance that the BK could be re-inserted on the CRAs which why you should keep LN, INNOVIS, sagestream and ARS frozen to make it is difficult as possible for the CRAs to re-verify. At the end of the day, if the CRAs were ever that inclined they could always get someone to go down to the actual courthouse where your BK was filed to verify it but I don't think they do that.......well EQ couldn't have done that because they deleted in 24 hours when I froze LN and disputed.........I would assume that it is the same premise when it comes to deleting PR tax liens from the CRAs

Edited by leedspaddy

I mistakenly thought ARS/IDA were what became SageStream. I do not have ARS frozen and I could not get EX to remove a dismissed CH 13. Anyways, I recently applied for a Chase card and while I was trying to recon they were aware of the Ch 13 even though they were not IIB and the only CRA reporting it is frozen and I am not a current customer of Chase.

I was wondering who else was popping up with data from time to time. I guess it is ARS.

Fedtrouble,

When you dispute a Bk does it remove the accts listed on the bk?

No It doesn't removed them...............you have to dispute them separately I believe

Thank you for CB. If you follow the steps and be patient it works. I got my BK removed from TU and EQ. but EX has just updated is as verified. IDK where I got this letter from. Ihad a BK from 2011 and 2012 both dismissed; I did follow all of WHYCHAT's steps........

Re: Dispute Request

To Whom It May Concern :

I am disturbed that you continue to list the dismissed bankruptcy as confirmed within my credit file. Although it is your policy to keep reporting bankruptcies that are filed, dismissed or adjudicated for ten years, the Fair credit Reporting Act mentions nothing in Section 1681c relating to bankruptcy about dismissals or filings. The law clearly states from "date of adjudication" or date of "order of relief".

Any case, civil or otherwise, which is dismissed no longer exists in the eye of the law and a case filed may never have actually been adjudicated. Therefore, you have no right to maintain information which the government has deemed nonexistent.

Therefore, pursuant to Section 1681(a)(5) of the FCRA, you must delete this information from my credit report and send me an updated copy when this action is completed.

Considering that this does not require an investigation, In advance I would appreciate your response within 14 calendar days from receipt of this letter.

Sincerely,

Any suggestions on how I can get this removed from EX?!!!!! they are driving me nuts.

S BKPT CT TX HOUSTO 08/2012 $0 Dismissed BankruptcyChapter13 US BKPT CT TX HOUSTO 03/2011 $0 Dismissed BankruptcyChapter13 HARRIS CO CLERK-HOUS 01/2010 $6,477 Released on

09/03/2014 TaxLienFederal

Do I have to provide a copy of the letter from the bankruptcy court when I send the letter to the credit agencies requesting to have BK removed

Finally got my CH 13 removed on the last CRA which was EQ. As was suggested here on CB, I made my complaint through the Atlanta BBB

Lo and behold, it was removed rather quickly.