Sign in to follow this  
fedtrouble

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

When I disputed an address with a CRA that was tied to a tradeline, they requested that I send them proof of my new address - a driver's license or a copy of a utility bill. I don't know if you are supposed to do that, but I did and they promptly removed the old addresses.

Proof of ID, address, etc is fine. What you don't want to send them is any kind of document related to any debt. In s ome situations other documents may help get something removed, like proof that a judgment has been vacated, but double check before ever sending anything other than proof of ID, address, residence. I kept a scanned copy of my DL, a water bill with my name and address on it, and something else, forget t=what - it's been a long long time.

Thanks for confirming that for me breeze! I'm not a newbie, but I have some trouble sometimes with my mind and get things mixed up or confused. :blush2: I only sent a copy of my driver's license, but EQ keeps changing it and then messing up the address, like putting road when it's not a road, and putting misspellings of the street name when it's clear on my license and when I disputed it what my actual address is......

Now, with Lexis Nexis, I had to send in a copy of my phone bill and driver's license, but that's it.

3. On Equifax, I have 2 baddies left that are there. One charged off bank car loan for $6k that will fall off on EX on 12/14 and it shows on EQ as well as and I will delete this as obsolete on that on. Not reporting on TU.

4. Getting Utilization under control on accounts and paying in full to zero Balances showing- Have 8 CC > First progress - $367, First Progress - $257, Applied Bank - $174, BOA - $35, Cap 1 - $789, First Premier - $380, First Premier - $579, Capital Bank - $35.00. Some toy cards some not. Before this forum was lost in the forest, now have a road map that I have to follow and achieve success, thanks to all again.

5. INQ - 3 HD on EX ( Disputing them and CFPB'ing them) , TU - zero - B* all off, EQ - B*ing but was chopped, gotta keep pulling.

10/31/2014 FAKO Scores - EX 553, EQ 587, TU 609

Will keep the progress growing and any new updates will post. Get them deleted all... Thanks again.....

P.S. What is backdooring? It is not on the glossary list? Thanks again...

Why are you disputing legit inqs with the CFPB?

I was just disputing all items listed in an effort to remove them. Guess itchy finger

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BKS (3) on EX: Reported Date Ch7 Dis’chg 2005, Date Ch 13 Dis’md 2008, Date Ch 13 Dis’md 2009, 1 Judgment

BKS (1) on TU: Reported Date Ch13 Dis’md 2009

EQ: No Reported BKS got removed, 1 tax lien, 1 CO

10/07/14 - EX: 553 / TU: 597 / EQ: 589 (FAKO’S USAA, MPM)

11/20/14 - EX: 553 / TU: 667 / EQ: 616 (FAKO’S USAA, MPM)

10/07/14 – EX (6 baddies) Frozen / TU (1 Baddie) / EQ (2 Baddies)

11/1/14 – EX (3 Inq’s) / TU ( 0 Inq’s ) / EQ ( 6 Inq’s )

Cap 1 $800.00 (781.00 Bal), 1st Premier $700 (569.00 Bal), 1st Premier $400 (0.00 Bal), BOA $400 (220.00 Bal), Open Sky Sec $250 (0.00 Bal), Applied Bank $300 (0.00 Bal), 1st Progress Sec $350 (263.00 Bal), 1st Progress Sec $300 (0.00 Bal)

I would just like to give credit to the original author of this Post FedTrouble and all of the valuable insight each and every authors of the post and subject matter people here have had to give. These conversations are invaluable and they really work. I truly thank you. They are not mythical but work. A little background. I had to file BK back in 05 which was a ch7 and then subsequently in 07 a ch13 and again in 08 a ch13 filing that was dismissed for various reasons from the bad real estate market to bad decisions. Whatever the cause. So I had 3 bks posted on Ex, EQ, and TU over the years. From using the credit pros - pay per deletion, to lexignton law - monthly billing plan to others - who sold a bill of goods, with a I can do formula for taking your money and showing some results but not want really counts the bks removal. I also incurred a judgment lumber account in the tune of $16k along with a tax lien of $8K as well.

Now with the advent of me trying to re-establish my credit profile and get on with other business transactions, I obtained secured credit card accounts for low amounts roughly $350, 500, and so but had the overwhelming items out there. My credit scores were raised into the mid 600's but those glaring big hitters were still out there. My utilizations were high but I had to explain those Bk's and judgments on every app or transaction I applied for whether personal or business. Can you say tired of the soap boax and denials. Sshhhh...... Well any way through countless pick me up sessions and a chance of buying a business, I had to get these bks and judgments off because lenders want clean files or they fear you are not a good person to lend money to or you still are risk. Had 6 hard inquiries on Equifax, 7 on EX, and 5 on Transunion.

I looked up how to remove BK's from my file on my Iphone infront of Homedepot about 3 weeks ago in the month of September 2014 as I was fed up with this. I saw this discussion thread and read it and could not put it down. I was intrigued how FEDTrouble meticuously went thru the process and I said this sound plausible. I went to work that same day. I changed address on all the CRS. Equifax and Transunion did it instantly. EX allowed me to change my address, but I tried to dispute the original one they had, but they said it was tied to the other BK's, judgments and accounts.

I also sent the items in certified mail also as the hard and secure approach to all 3 CRA's. I disputed on the phone with EQuifax and Transunion and they removed the old address. I also tried this with Experian but they added the new address but would not remove the old address. I also sent fax disputes thru Equifax and called them for address. I did the same for transunion. After about 1 week after on both Equifax and Transunion, no old address. I am saying to myself ok is this gonna work. I then wrote the Bankruptcy Clerk just to see what they would say as Fedtrouble did. Could have copied and pasted his but just wanted to see. They replied back in about 4 days and said basically the same as FEDTrouble post said they would say.

I then disputed all three Bk's on Equifax, I disputed the one remaining from Transunion from all of the other efforts. I would not dispute Experian yet as the old address is still showing. I have since disputed the old address on Experian by mail and I contacted the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau to dispute as well. After this Equifax deleted all of the Bk's from my file along with the Judgment as well within a week of me sending in the disputes. Transunion is still in dispute as of now.

I will work on experian and send the emails to the corporate person to have removed once the address information is updated. I also froze my Experian which is the worse one of all three of my reports. I just have one baddie left on EQ that is s charge off that supposed to drop off by 12/14, but I want it off now. There was a IIB account on my Equifax with Credit ONe that was changed to a regular account. The other are just accounts with low credit amounts and paid in full mortgages from community banks back in 04 and 05 in the $100,000 range totaling about 4 of them. I am so stoked and excited. I feel like I can breathe again.

Now just have to make more cash to pay down the remaing small balances to get the utilization low on my equifax and go. I am waiting on the on BK to be removed from my TU and that score should also shoot up as well, because no baddies show and I can grow.

So to end this. These threads are invaluable and many thanks to all who have shared a success or failure as I truly needed this blessing. I am shooting to get CC's with high CL's to use. That is the next step in this process besided correcting my Experian. Again all of these items and actions happened within 3 weeks in the month of September and October 2014 vs years with the other companies and FLIM FLam artist of the Craigslists and other credit repair world and the years I threw money down the toilet. A painful learning lesson but in the end Freaking awesome that this occured in such a short time and with little to no effort.

Much Success to everyone as I am reading your posts intently on your success because I have to duplicate these actions THEY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'm in the same boat, found this forum and the original post seemed not only legit but doable. It actually contributed to my decision to go ahead and file the BK given there was a path to follow to get it removed.

Quick question, I've read over this 100 times and don't really know how the address part of the 'system' would apply to me because I live in the same town I filed the BK in. I do have a PO Box so I can use the PO Box or my home address on the BK filing.

Can you help a brother out with some guidance - - thank ya

Personally, If I could have avoided the BKS I would have. I at the time did not know or have the information that this forum presents. It is life changing to say the list and again, my thanks go out to whomever started this. As far as help here. If you go back to the original post and read it carefully it will give you step by step instructions of what to do. I try not to ask to many questions on this forum only as a last resort bc the moderators will like for you to read the content and the apply the principles and come with a problem, solution and result. Then after your trial and error if you are incorrect they will be more than happy to assist you in all of your questions and answers whether right or wrong. They will definitely point you in the right direction in all occurrences. I have been like a sponge on this site and along with my own understanding and I am trying to rewrite my history books.

So with this said, I can not give you advice to go for BK or not but a more factual understanding of your situation will make a better case study. Additionally, if you do go this route you will have to look at all of your angles and exits, before, during and after.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BKS (3) on EX: Reported Date Ch7 Dis’chg 2005, Date Ch 13 Dis’md 2008, Date Ch 13 Dis’md 2009, 1 Judgment

BKS (1) on TU: Reported Date Ch13 Dis’md 2009

EQ: No Reported BKS got removed, 1 tax lien, 1 CO

10/07/14 - EX: 553 / TU: 597 / EQ: 589 (FAKO’S USAA, MPM)

11/20/14 - EX: 553 / TU: 667 / EQ: 616 (FAKO’S USAA, MPM)

10/07/14 – EX (6 baddies) Frozen / TU (1 Baddie) / EQ (2 Baddies)

11/1/14 – EX (3 Inq’s) / TU ( 0 Inq’s ) / EQ ( 6 Inq’s )

Cap 1 $800.00 (781.00 Bal), 1st Premier $700 (569.00 Bal), 1st Premier $400 (0.00 Bal), BOA $400 (220.00 Bal), Open Sky Sec $250 (0.00 Bal), Applied Bank $300 (0.00 Bal), 1st Progress Sec $350 (263.00 Bal), 1st Progress Sec $300 (0.00 Bal)

Addresses, phone numbers and other identifying info that reappear after having been deleted, are being reported by a creditor. Find out which one is reporting it and deal with them.

Original OP hit the lottery ticket getting EX to remove BK. Its almost hard to believe. I've had no such luck! Even with BK deleted on Lexis they still verified and they refuse to tell me who the furnisher was. They claim someone went to the courthouse to verify it. I do not believe them.

I took the same steps the OP did (with my hubs's guidance) and had a judgment deleted. It was not reporting on my Equifax. I started with Transunion. I recently got married and moved. I disputed old names and addresses reporting with Transunion. Then disputed the judgment. Everything online, without writing letters. Then I received this after 3 weeks...

obvXXGT.jpg

I am still working on Experian...

All,

I followed Whychat's address removal template which yielded EQ & TU wiping my CR's clean. EX did clean-up several incorrect address entries but refused to do the same as EQ/TU. With the address update, I disputed incorrect info on a BK7 from 2005 and a Judgement... as of this morning, my EQ was clean!!!! I should know about TU in 10 days...

More to follow....

Spectre

All,

I followed Whychat's address removal template which yielded EQ & TU wiping my CR's clean. EX did clean-up several incorrect address entries but refused to do the same as EQ/TU. With the address update, I disputed incorrect info on a BK7 from 2005 and a Judgement... as of this morning, my EQ was clean!!!! I should know about TU in 10 days...

More to follow....

What were the errors on the BK? I am afraid to mess with the BK entry. I think I'll leave that and attack the judgments and other entries.

Spectre

All,

More to follow....

What were the errors on the BK? I am afraid to mess with the BK entry. I think I'll leave that and attack the judgments and other entries.

Spectre

Several errors existed with OC's and their related debt.

I took the same steps the OP did (with my hubs's guidance) and had a judgment deleted. It was not reporting on my Equifax. I started with Transunion. I recently got married and moved. I disputed old names and addresses reporting with Transunion. Then disputed the judgment. Everything online, without writing letters. Then I received this after 3 weeks...

obvXXGT.jpg

How did you dispute the judgment...as not yours?

obvXXGT.jpg

I did it on TU online. There were several options on the link where you can dispute about the judgment. I did not dispute it an not mine. I chose the option that "I am disputing the validity and accuracy" of the judgment report. Somehow, without further communication, they just deleted it. So now, it's gone in both Equifax and TU.

I took the same steps the OP did (with my hubs's guidance) and had a judgment deleted. It was not reporting on my Equifax. I started with Transunion. I recently got married and moved. I disputed old names and addresses reporting with Transunion. Then disputed the judgment. Everything online, without writing letters. Then I received this after 3 weeks...obvXXGT.jpg

I did it on TU online. There were several options on the link where you can dispute about the judgment. I did not dispute it an not mine. I chose the option that "I am disputing the validity and accuracy" of the judgment report. Somehow, without further communication, they just deleted it. So now, it's gone in both Equifax and TU.

So you disputed it the same way with EQ? I hope it works for me too! How long after the removal of old addresses did you wait before disputing? Edited by JPerry115

I took the same steps the OP did (with my hubs's guidance) and had a judgment deleted. It was not reporting on my Equifax. I started with Transunion. I recently got married and moved. I disputed old names and addresses reporting with Transunion. Then disputed the judgment. Everything online, without writing letters. Then I received this after 3 weeks...obvXXGT.jpg

So you disputed it the same way with EQ? I hope it works for me too! How long after the removal of old addresses did you wait before disputing?

As soon as I received the confirmation of the changes in the personal information- names and previous addresses :)

I am a guy. I married a guy. I took his last name.

I changed the address on my drivers license and changed all trade lines to the new address.

I also got a new social security card and a new pass port.

I changed my name on all credit cards, bank accounts, vehicle loans etc.

I got a UPS box and used this address on my license. I then used the new info and after the new trade lines were reporting along with the new name, I got the old name deleted and the old addresses.

I then sent in a dispute on the bankruptcy and it was deleted from all 3.

I am a guy. I married a guy. I took his last name.

I changed the address on my drivers license and changed all trade lines to the new address.

I also got a new social security card and a new pass port.

I changed my name on all credit cards, bank accounts, vehicle loans etc.

I got a UPS box and used this address on my license. I then used the new info and after the new trade lines were reporting along with the new name, I got the old name deleted and the old addresses.

I then sent in a dispute on the bankruptcy and it was deleted from all 3.

Congrats! Removing BK will be my last step after removing other negatives!!! How did you dispute the BK?

Can't wait until I get to the point where all I have to do is dispute BK and then all of the IIB entries. Wonder how much that increases a fico score???

Now another question is since I included my judgments in BK should I dispute the BK off before disputing the judgments since they're IIB on my reports?

FYI, it is illegal to lie to credit reporting agency in an attempt to remove negative info.

I'm curious because I have been reading this thread.....people in essence are lying about the bankruptcy not being theirs, and disputing as it as potentially belonging to someone else, when in fact all of them know that the bankruptcy is indeed their own. I would love to be able to dispute and remove IIB's and BK, but I have not been able to consciously bring myself to attempt what they are doing in this thread because I feel like disputing in this manner is dishonest and I fear the potential repercussions. I know this is sort of a technicality, but reading recent posts, it sounds like some of the agencies are catching on. If it's harmless to try this, I might proceed in a similar manner, because there is a woman in the state next to mine, with the same name, same middle initial, and the same last four of her social security number. This lady also filed bankruptcy according to pacer. Our credit reports often get mixed up because of the last four of the social and our names......so I can see how that might work for me by saying that I am not sure, but if I was asked directly if a particular bankruptcy record was mine, I don't think I could lie and say it was not.

I guess the bottom line I want to know is whether this method is legal, and if there is any way to do it without lying.

Part of me is a little disgusted reading this thread where people are out and out lying trying to get legitimate information removed via a technicality even though the technicality doesn't make the legitimate information any less legitimate instead of simply waiting out the 7 to 10 years to get it removed automatically. Then I come down off my high horse and the other part of me rationalizes that capitalism, while a great system overall, is far from perfect. Many banks and financial institutions are owned by third and fourth generation heirs of people who made a lot of money many generations ago and have passed it on. Now those heirs were born rich and having never had to do an honest day's work in their life by virtue of whose crotch it is the doctor pulled them from, and continue to get richer making loans to people who weren't born rich, often times with questionable, predatory tactics of their own. So in the end it all kind of evens out perhaps? Social Darwinism and all.

Edited by grizzled

FYI, it is illegal to lie to credit reporting agency in an attempt to remove negative info.

I'm curious because I have been reading this thread.....people in essence are lying about the bankruptcy not being theirs, and disputing as it as potentially belonging to someone else, when in fact all of them know that the bankruptcy is indeed their own. I would love to be able to dispute and remove IIB's and BK, but I have not been able to consciously bring myself to attempt what they are doing in this thread because I feel like disputing in this manner is dishonest and I fear the potential repercussions. I know this is sort of a technicality, but reading recent posts, it sounds like some of the agencies are catching on. If it's harmless to try this, I might proceed in a similar manner, because there is a woman in the state next to mine, with the same name, same middle initial, and the same last four of her social security number. This lady also filed bankruptcy according to pacer. Our credit reports often get mixed up because of the last four of the social and our names......so I can see how that might work for me by saying that I am not sure, but if I was asked directly if a particular bankruptcy record was mine, I don't think I could lie and say it was not.

I guess the bottom line I want to know is whether this method is legal, and if there is any way to do it without lying.

Part of me is a little disgusted reading this thread where people are out and out lying trying to get legitimate information removed via a technicality even though the technicality doesn't make the legitimate information any less legitimate instead of simply waiting out the 7 to 10 years to get it removed automatically. Then I come down off my high horse and the other part of me rationalizes that capitalism, while a great system overall, is far from perfect. Many banks and financial institutions are owned by third and fourth generation heirs of people who made a lot of money many generations ago and have passed it on. Now those heirs were born rich and having never had to do an honest day's work in their life by virtue of whose crotch it is the doctor pulled them from, and continue to get richer making loans to people who weren't born rich, often times with questionable, predatory tactics of their own. So in the end it all kind of evens out perhaps? Social Darwinism and all.

Sorry I forgot someone had called the moral police. If it bothers you that bad stop reading about it! Generally people who file bankruptcy learn from their mistakes so why should they be punished for them for years after the lesson is learned? Cra's and creditors are slime to begin with so why not give them some of their own medicine. ..I suppose you think ms is wrong as well

Sorry I forgot someone had called the moral police. If it bothers you that bad stop reading about it! Generally people who file bankruptcy learn from their mistakes so why should they be punished for them for years after the lesson is learned? Cra's and creditors are slime to begin with so why not give them some of their own medicine. ..I suppose you think ms is wrong as well

This so called concern is total Geronimo ! Nobody is lying. The CRA's make their living talking chocolate about people. They trade in gossip. If they had their way, consumers would have no rights -- not even the right to see their own files. It is only because of their abuses that consumers have the few protections they have and the CFPB was born out of the excesses of the CRA's and financial institutions.

If the CRA's are going to talk chocolate about you, They can damn well be forced to prove it. That's it. And if they can't do it within the framework of the law, then they have to remove the information.

By this logic somebody accused of a crime should walk into a courtroom and immediately confess ... because they know they did the crime. That's not the way it works. The government has to prove the case and if they can't, you go free.

It is the same idea.

The whole psychdoc seminars emphasize this point over and over again.

And if you don't think these CRA's and lenders wouldn't exploit every loophole they could to improve their position, you are living in a fantasyland.

This so called concern is total Geronimo ! Nobody is lying. The CRA's make their living talking chocolate about people. They trade in gossip. If they had their way, consumers would have no rights -- not even the right to see their own files. It is only because of their abuses that consumers have the few protections they have and the CFPB was born out of the excesses of the CRA's and financial institutions.

If the CRA's are going to talk chocolate about you, They can damn well be forced to prove it. That's it. And if they can't do it within the framework of the law, then they have to remove the information.

By this logic somebody accused of a crime should walk into a courtroom and immediately confess ... because they know they did the crime. That's not the way it works. The government has to prove the case and if they can't, you go free.

It is the same idea.

And if you don't think these CRA's and lenders wouldn't exploit every loophole they could to improve their position, you are living in a fantasyland.

Whoa.....I've now seen a whole new side to Jenny.

It is the same idea.

Just don't get me started with the whole MyFICO line of reasoning ... LOL.

It is the same idea.

Just don't get me started with the whole MyFICO line of reasoning ... LOL.
You might have a moderator delete your post...