Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Everyone Wants One of These Exclusive Credit Cards, But Are They Worth the Hype? You Decide

The last post in this topic was posted 3088 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

The recession changed alot of perception about these cards. The hype still exists. Certainly, these cards are tailored for a specific customer profile, and I can see where they would get their moneys worth and then some.

Unless you fit that profile though, its not going to work for you.

None of that crap means a blessed thing to me.

Crap like airport lounge access? Or multiple hundreds back on airline fees? Or 24/7 Conc service? Or roadside assistance? Or flexible pay terms? Or expedited re-entry? Or no forex fees? Or on and on and on.... Depending on your occupation and or lifestye these cards can be super beneficial and actually provide cost savings over the fees....as always YMMV...Cheers!!!

Crap like airport lounge access? Or multiple hundreds back on airline fees? Or 24/7 Conc service? Or roadside assistance? Or flexible pay terms? Or expedited re-entry? Or no forex fees? Or on and on and on.... Depending on your occupation and or lifestye these cards can be super beneficial and actually provide cost savings over the fees....as always YMMV...Cheers!!!

I said TO ME. As in I AM SPEAKING FOR MYSELF. I didn't say "none of that crap means a blessed thing to anyone on Earth, nor should it." I was, as the headline invited me to, DECIDING. FOR MYSELF. NOT YOU.

Why do people get so defensive and angry when you voice your own opinion that differs from theirs, and take it as if you made a my-foot-is-down-I-have-spoken proclamation for the entire world? Sheesh. rolleyes.gif

^

I said TO ME. As in I AM SPEAKING FOR MYSELF. I didn't say "none of that crap means a blessed thing to anyone on Earth, nor should it." I was, as the headline invited me to, DECIDING. FOR MYSELF. NOT YOU.

Why do people get so defensive and angry when you voice your own opinion that differs from theirs, and take it as if you made a my-foot-is-down-I-have-spoken proclamation for the entire world? Sheesh. rolleyes.gif

^ :grin: Good Morning, Gaby. :wave:

^

^ :grin: Good Morning, Gaby. :wave:

Geez Louise!!!! mad.gif

laugh.gifbye1.gif

Think it's just Hege who wants them...lol

flake off. go judge yourself.

two of the cards are expensive crap IMHO. two others I have but TO ME the high AF are worth the perks because of my lifestyle RIGHT NOW. But then, some people like to JUDGE others' lifestyles.

I would love the kind of cashflow that would get me offered a black Amex, but I doubt I spend enough a year to cover the membership fee. I would happily settle for being an authorzed user.

Edited by Allkindabroke

I would love the kind of cashflow that would get me offered a black Amex, but I doubt I spend enough a year to cover the membership fee. I would happily settle for being an authorzed user.

I imagine for people who have that kind of money $10,000 the first year to accept the invitation is not so bad, but even if you can benefit from the perks, like discounted private jets, I have a hard time believing the card is worth the start-up and ongoing fees. Did you see amex recently changed the policy for Centurion AUs? Amex is going to greatly limit the ability to assign AUs.

Amex Platinum and JPM Chase Palladium are better options even for most of the people who are megarich.

Jim Cramer aka mad money guy mentioned on cnbc about a month ago that he has the cent card now...can't remember the context but it made me wonder if Amex waives the fees on cent for certain people...although I cannot imagine that card requires any further marketing at this point...

I am with you not that hard up for attention..lol

Amex Platinum and JPM Chase Palladium are better options even for most of the people who are megarich.

Hey I'm flexible, I'd be good with being an AU on either of these cards. Now I need to work on making some megarich friends.

Edited by Allkindabroke

The last post in this topic was posted 3088 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.