Direct Under Writer Phone # for Synchrony (GECRB)

kayvebear

The last post in this topic was posted 2670 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody!

I just read through this thread and decided to register because this info is awesome!

One person mentioned needing a $0 balance to call and request through this number?

Is this true?

I just got my 4th statement through Amazon and even though they gave me a $200 auto-CLI a few weeks ago I wanted to give it a try and my 4th WM statement is due next week.

Both have a balance so should I not even bother?

Thanks in advance!

1344975546[/url]' post='4732713']

Hey everybody!

I just read through this thread and decided to register because this info is awesome!

One person mentioned needing a $0 balance to call and request through this number?

Is this true?

I just got my 4th statement through Amazon and even though they gave me a $200 auto-CLI a few weeks ago I wanted to give it a try and my 4th WM statement is due next week.

Thanks in advance!

If your talking about what I posted about TU slow to update to reflect a 0 balance, this was true in my case. 2 weeks ago I was denied on all of my cards. TU finally updated yesterday from last months of payments & I called to take advantage. Sure enough I got increases. He questioned my Lowes because he saw in the system that I've already called 2 weeks ago & I explained that TU is updated now. Plus it's less than a yr old & I've only used it twice which was recent.

YMMV

Hey everybody!

Is this true?

Thanks in advance!

If your talking about what I posted about TU slow to update to reflect a 0 balance, this was true in my case. 2 weeks ago I was denied on all of my cards. TU finally updated yesterday from last months of payments & I called to take advantage. Sure enough I got increases. He questioned my Lowes because he saw in the system that I've already called 2 weeks ago & I explained that TU is updated now. Plus it's less than a yr old & I've only used it twice which was recent.

YMMV

This may be a YWWV thing...I called the automated line last night on my Lowe's acccount....I currently have a $1443 balance ($3K CL)from the new Washer/Dryer we bought after we closed on our house. I requested $10K and was countered with $8K!!!! I of course accepted!!!!

I tried Walmart Discover too and it has a $0 balance right now...current limit was $2K...same request for $10K and was countered with $5K!!!! Again, I accepted.....

Seems GECRB is in a giving mood lately.......:swoon:

:yahoo:

So I decided to pull the trigger as well:

First of all I am very impressed that there is no IVR and I didn't have to wait to talk to someone.

1st time I called was for my Wal-Mart Discover account (just recently converted from a store account): Current limit is $2500, balance of approx. $500, asked for an increase to $7500 --> No CLI whatsoever at this point.

2nd time I called for my Amazon store card: Current limit: $2350, $0 balance, asked for an increase to $6000 --> Approved!

3rd call was for my Chevron account: Current limit: $2400, $200 balance, asked for $6000 --> No increase whatsoever.

On all calls I was not asked for a reason for the CLI request, just the usual verification questions. On all of my GE cards I've been getting increases fairly consistently (every 4 months) via the automated phone system.

I am disappointed that I couldn't get an increase on neither Wal-Mart nor Chevron, but I'm happy with my Amazon CLI.

I wonder if the chances of getting one approved manually are higher with a $0 balance!?

Thanks for sharing the direct # to the UW; this forum rocks!

DW called today on her Walmart store card. Initial limit approved was $400, CSR asked a few questions "for account security" and declined the increase. I think they're on to us LOL

If DW just got approved today, that's why the decline for CLI.

Maybe I missed something, I thought people were getting CLIs right away? I'm lost LOL

I accidentally just got given this by a paypal rep. It is the direct line for the underwriters on some GECRB products.

I don't know the full range of cards these UW's do, but I do know it is at least Paypal, Amazon, Lowes, JC Penney. The UW didn't want to tell me anymore after that :P

1-877-379-8173

Oh my gosh, you are my hero!!! I have a PayPal SmartConnect account that started years ago at 1000, then I made some mistakes and they dropped me down to 100, then back up to 400, where it has stayed for several years. I called in this morning and asked them to give me a $4600 CLI, thinking that was high enough they could come back and counter with something decent. They gave me the whole CLI!! Now I wish I'd asked for more. haha. I just had no idea they'd bump me from $400 all the way to $5000!!!

I don't know where I'd be without the people who share their expertise here. Wonderful! :) Thank you, kayvebear!!!

So I called the magic number earlier.....

Asked for an increase in the CL on my GAP Visa card (current CL is $2300) that has a $0 balance on and has had HEAVY usage and usually pif each month....I asked for $6000 and it was APPROVED!!!!! :yahoo:

I hung up and called back to try a CLI on the new Paypal MC that I got a couple of weeks ago with a crappy $500 CL.....I told the rep I probably wouldn't even use it at that limit.....asked for $5000 and it was declined :sorry:...she told me to use it for about 90 days and try again....

Oh well, still a good day for CLI's!!!!

I also tried the automated number yesterday on my Lowe's card which was at $3000 and had a $1400 balance due to a new washer/dryer purchase after we closed on our house in May.....I asked for $10000 and was countered with $8000!!!!! I obviously took that new limit and was shocked I got it with that balance....:yahoo:

Thanks kayve for the inside info!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

So I called the magic number earlier.....

Asked for an increase in the CL on my GAP Visa card (current CL is $2300) that has a $0 balance on and has had HEAVY usage and usually pif each month....I asked for $6000 and it was APPROVED!!!!! :yahoo:

I hung up and called back to try a CLI on the new Paypal MC that I got a couple of weeks ago with a crappy $500 CL.....I told the rep I probably wouldn't even use it at that limit.....asked for $5000 and it was declined :sorry:...she told me to use it for about 90 days and try again....

Oh well, still a good day for CLI's!!!!

I also tried the automated number yesterday on my Lowe's card which was at $3000 and had a $1400 balance due to a new washer/dryer purchase after we closed on our house in May.....I asked for $10000 and was countered with $8000!!!!! I obviously took that new limit and was shocked I got it with that balance....:yahoo:

Thanks kayve for the inside info!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Called twice and can't get mine above $4,800 which they say is the max for a gap visa. Can you show me something that shows more than $4800 so I can go back at them? A screenshot or something?

Edited by Culpeper Mike

Showing one card holder's CL is the weakest basis for arguing for an increase on another card holder's account, 'well, you did it for Johnny!' It merely portrays a lack of maturity. In any case, have exceeded (according to 2 U/Ws) the 'max' on certain GECRB accts. so it can apparently be discretionary up to a point. Depending on who you get on the phone, they may most likely adhere to a max, or, in rare instances, approve an increase instead, for whatever reason.

Showing one card holder's CL is the weakest basis for arguing for an increase on another card holder's account, 'well, you did it for Johnny!' It merely portrays a lack of maturity. In any case, have exceeded (according to 2 U/Ws) the 'max' on certain GECRB accts. so it can apparently be discretionary up to a point. Depending on who you get on the phone, they may most likely adhere to a max, or, in rare instances, approve an increase instead, for whatever reason.

4,000 posts and this is your brilliant nugget of wisdom? Do I seem like I make the "Johnny has this limit" arguments to get 300k in CLs? I was told by a couple people that $4,800 is the max. It could be they're clueless, it could be Jeff is lying. In any case I wanted to confirm one or the other before wasting more of my time.

If you were told by your creditors that you were at the max limit of your $300 crappy rebuilding card and then one day for the first time ever someone claims to have a higher limit you would probably wonder too...

Edited by Culpeper Mike

4,000 posts and this is your brilliant nugget of wisdom? Do I seem like I make the "Johnny has this limit" arguments to get 300k in CLs? I was told by a couple people that $4,800 is the max. It could be they're clueless, it could be Jeff is lying. In any case I wanted to confirm one or the other before wasting more of my time.

If you were told by your creditors that you were at the max limit of your $300 crappy rebuilding card and then one day for the first time ever someone claims to have a higher limit you would probably wonder too...

Well I just logged into my Old Navy/Gap Visa account and it DOES show $6000 as my credit line....I'm not sure how to do a screen shot, but if you would let me know I'd be GLAD to show you I am being truthful about my new limit. I have NO reason to lie that I got a higher CL than I actually did...

Like I mentioned in my original post, we use the card A LOT and other than last month when the reporting day snuck up on me because we were getting ready for vacation, we pif....

I don't know if it's usage or you just got a rep who wouldn't go any higher....I haven't seen the posts saying $4800 was the max for the GAP Visa.....maybe I just got lucky....

:grin:

1345257008[/url]' post='4734680']
1345255075[/url]' post='4734663']
1345253584[/url]' post='4734657']

Yep, sure do, asking for a screen shot of someone else's CL laugh.gif

ps. haven't changed much since an apparent hiatus, still blowing a lot of hot air around bye1.gif

Yep, I'm the problem. I ask a simple question and an salamander like you has to chime in with 11 incorrect conclusions. Probably didn't take a hiatus because I can't stand dealing with clueless momotards like you.

The last post in this topic was posted 2670 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.