Direct Under Writer Phone # for Synchrony (GECRB)

kayvebear

The last post in this topic was posted 2598 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm at the 6 month mark for the majority of my Synch cards. Haven't had any luck with the backdoor number. Have so so luck with the luv button. I use all the cards occasionally (some more than others) and PIF.

Old Navy: started at 1000, now at 1750

Amazon Store Credit: started at 2200, now at 2500

PayPal Extras: started at 3000, now at 4500

Chevron/Texaco Visa: started at 2500, no change!

Ebates Visa: started at 2500, now at 4000

Toys R Us MC: started at 1000, now at 2300

Lowe's: started at 3000, now at 5500

Sam's Club MC: started at 2500, now at 3500

Dillard's Amex: started at 1200, now at 2200

Walmart Discover: started at 1200, now at 3000

JCP charge card: started at 300, now at 600

11 Synchrony cards. You'll hit max exposure at 9K each.

You should cull some of those cards.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your own byline says it all and I concur with everything you said in it, I'm kind of an elitist, narcissistic turd, and you probably shouldn't listen to me.

cv91915 is an elitist narcissistic turd, but he isn't spewing bullsh*t like you.

We get free monthly FICOs with Walmart/Barclays/Discover, DCU and PSECU. Pay for updates from Scorewatch.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my $400 Walmart Mastercard today. Hopped on the chat to put in a request for 25k. Denied and will get a 7 to 10 day message. Didnt even get a counter-offer. FICO is at 759, but my 25K lines

are not reporting.

Edited by loops77

I'm at the 6 month mark for the majority of my Synch cards. Haven't had any luck with the backdoor number. Have so so luck with the luv button. I use all the cards occasionally (some more than others) and PIF.

Old Navy: started at 1000, now at 1750

Amazon Store Credit: started at 2200, now at 2500

PayPal Extras: started at 3000, now at 4500

Chevron/Texaco Visa: started at 2500, no change!

Ebates Visa: started at 2500, now at 4000

Toys R Us MC: started at 1000, now at 2300

Lowe's: started at 3000, now at 5500

Sam's Club MC: started at 2500, now at 3500

Dillard's Amex: started at 1200, now at 2200

Walmart Discover: started at 1200, now at 3000

JCP charge card: started at 300, now at 600

11 Synchrony cards. You'll hit max exposure at 9K each.

You should cull some of those cards.

10 sync cards. dillards will be WF in a week. I would x a few as suggested

Hmmmm... my spreadsheet says I'm 120 days since last CLI with Wally. BRB.....

Bah! "Cannot Process Increase for this account" ....

My experience indicates that some cards require 4 calendar months rather than 120 days.

You might want to wait a week and try calling the UW at the backdoor number.

I tried for a CLI on my Paypal MasterCard a couple of weeks ago and the UW declined my request. I forgot about it for a couple of weeks. Then, a few days ago I called and asked when my last CLI was granted. It turns out that I was 2 days early. So, I tried again and received a CLI from 7K to 25K.

Good Luck.

This proves that the 4 month mark is from the last CLI granted, not denial of attempting a CLI.
It's not like that all the time. My second Lowe's CLI was about 2 months later.
Who gave the 4 month timeframe?

I myself have got a CLI before the 4 months.

Is the 4 months to prevent AA from GECRB?

Btw, congrats on your Walmart CLI! :)

You were commenting on the 4 month mark. :rolleyes:

I have learn to stop believing everything I read :D

As I posted in another thread, the CLI denial appears to be a totally different issue than time. I think I've hit some sort of automatic CLI exposure limit with Synchrony without *gulp* talking to a hoomin. Or Synchrony's website is bassackwards. One of the two.

On another note, Dillards is going to WF next week, and Meijer is going to Comenity as of 11/3. Did I see some rumbling about Paypal leaving Synchrony in the near future as part of some IPO disclosure?

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

Got my $400 Walmart Mastercard today. Hopped on the chat to put in a request for 25k. Denied and will get a 7 to 10 day message. Didnt even get a counter-offer. FICO is at 759, but my 25K lines

are not reporting.

Decided to actually call and spoke to someone foreign. Asked for 5K and it was approved within minutes. Guess I was reaching too high. Will ask for 25K when my big lines report.

are not reporting.

Decided to actually call and spoke to someone foreign. Asked for 5K and it was approved within minutes. Guess I was reaching too high. Will ask for 25K when my big lines report.

Nice! Is it common to get an increase via their chat system?

are not reporting.

Nice! Is it common to get an increase via their chat system?

Don't know, just read about it a few days ago. Walmart is my first Synchrony card....

I should have hung up when the very nice woman who answered said she had to transfer me to the department that services the card I was inquiring about. After two transfers I got a rather brusque woman who pulled ANOTHER Experian hard and upped me to (wait for it!) $600. :blush2: I just burned two Experian hards on a card that I didn't really need - and can't use for my purchase - to save thirty bucks I ultimately cannot get. [Hangs head in shame]

'Wow. Honestly, what do you do at that point? What did you say when she came back with that? I imagine a seriously back-handed 'thanks'.

Do you guys think once the Dillards Amex rolls to Wells later this month, that the $11k I have there will make $11k available on my other cards (now that its not counting in the ceiling formula)??

I have been thinking about closing my $10k Sams's Club credit, and asking for two $5k bumps a few months apart on Gap Visa and Walmart MasterCard... but with $11k leaving my GE portfolio to Wells, maybe I don't have to close Sam's to get it accomplished?

Thoughts?

"Thoughts?"

Certainly no downside to trying for a CLI before closing your Sam's Club.

You might even try it twice -- a couple says after Dillard's leaves Synch, and, if unsuccessful, try again a month later.

If denied the 2nd time, ask the credit services representative at Synch if it would improve your chances if you closed Sam's.

These calls only take a couple minutes, and if you post the results here someone else may also find them useful.

MP

"Thoughts?"

You might even try it twice -- a couple says after Dillard's leaves Synch, and, if unsuccessful, try again a month later.

If denied the 2nd time, ask the credit services representative at Synch if it would improve your chances if you closed Sam's.

These calls only take a couple minutes, and if you post the results here someone else may also find them useful.

MP

I'm not new to this process... Kayve and I actually stumbled on this at the same time and my thread on the matter was actually the first of the two... his just took off faster

Anyhow... I'm maxed right now... so trying for a CLI before closing Sam's is a losing venture. "You've reached the maximum overall exposure across your accounts with us" is the answer every time. I think that's what you were suggesting, unless I read it wrong.

But I don't mind being guinea pig on it... I'll wait a few days after I'm sure the card is clearly in Wells hands and I'll call up and see what I can work out, reporting back for the good of the group. If anyone else attempt the same, I'd hope to hear from them as well.

Do you guys think once the Dillards Amex rolls to Wells later this month, that the $11k I have there will make $11k available on my other cards (now that its not counting in the ceiling formula)??

I have been thinking about closing my $10k Sams's Club credit, and asking for two $5k bumps a few months apart on Gap Visa and Walmart MasterCard... but with $11k leaving my GE portfolio to Wells, maybe I don't have to close Sam's to get it accomplished?

Thoughts?

"Thoughts?"

MP

I'm not new to this process... Kayve and I actually stumbled on this at the same time and my thread on the matter was actually the first of the two... his just took off faster

Anyhow... I'm maxed right now... so trying for a CLI before closing Sam's is a losing venture. "You've reached the maximum overall exposure across your accounts with us" is the answer every time. I think that's what you were suggesting, unless I read it wrong.

But I don't mind being guinea pig on it... I'll wait a few days after I'm sure the card is clearly in Wells hands and I'll call up and see what I can work out, reporting back for the good of the group. If anyone else attempt the same, I'd hope to hear from them as well.

Report back GP! :good:

I'm at the point maybe of closing some to CLI others due to same "You've reached the maximum overall exposure across your accounts with us".

Maybe I'll give this a shot myself.

• 5 weeks later...

"Thoughts?"

MP

If you really want to be GP, ask Synchrony to move your limits to the Dillards card. Once WF takes over the Dillards accounts, ask Synchrony to bump up your other lines :)

This might be an easier way to get a high limit with WF. Otherwise, don't expect any large CL with the notoriously stingy WF.

Just called the number I've always called (listed in this thread) and the person told me this number is for business accounts only.. Then I was transferred to an American person. Lol I got scared and hung up. Has this been happening lately?

Why yes, yes it has. Every time they answer now, they seem skiddish, like I'm going to hang up on them. :rofl::wave:

Edited by JayB27

The last post in this topic was posted 2598 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.