Direct Under Writer Phone # for Synchrony (GECRB)

kayvebear

The last post in this topic was posted 2670 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I called for a CLI on PayPal and they said no. I asked for 10k. I am getting braver!

I wonder if I should try another account...

If you have a lot of Synchrony cards, I would advise you not to try for CLI's of all of them.

You should pick a couple of them, that are most useful, and ask for CLI's every 4 months.

Always talk to the overseas underwriters.

There is no reason not to be brave.

I think that Synchrony's so called underwriters are mostly just glorified CSR's punching numbers into a computer. They don't care how much you ask for.

I get auto CLIs on my JCP card, and Lowe's is the only other one I got a CLI on. I only use a few of them, so those are the ones I will focus on. I did receive the CLI on Lowe's from an overseas underwriter, so that is why I call on Saturdays! :)

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this thread! I had a sock drawered Walmart card that was at $250. I did the auto increase online, and it went up to a whopping $350. So I called UW and I was approved for an increase to $2,000. I will use the card a bit now, and then try again in a few months to see if I can keep getting the limit increased. Thank you so much!

Thank you for this thread! I had a sock drawered Walmart card that was at $250. I did the auto increase online, and it went up to a whopping $350. So I called UW and I was approved for an increase to $2,000. I will use the card a bit now, and then try again in a few months to see if I can keep getting the limit increased. Thank you so much!

@MonaCK instead of putting it in your sock drawer you need to buy a pair of socks at Walmart every month to keep the card in use! :D

I thought I read that WalMart is a different number but I have not come across that thread yet.

It is not different.

Thanks! I guess I will try them next. I never use that card. :)

It's the same number, but IME they are more strict on that card than many others. The UW has never approved me for a CLI on my Walmart card, but Lowe's has been fairly easy.

You should make at least 1 small purchase each month and PIF. Remember that you can also use it at Sam's Club.

I thought I read that WalMart is a different number but I have not come across that thread yet.

It is not different.

It's the same number, but IME they are more strict on that card than many others. The UW has never approved me for a CLI on my Walmart card, but Lowe's has been fairly easy.

You should make at least 1 small purchase each month and PIF. Remember that you can also use it at Sam's Club.

Thanks. I haven't used it in a very long time. Not a fan of Walmart. I might go buy a plant. They had some nice houseplants last time I was there. A year or so ago.

PS: I did not know you could use it at sam's club!

It is not different.

Thanks. I haven't used it in a very long time. Not a fan of Walmart. I might go buy a plant. They had some nice houseplants last time I was there. A year or so ago.

You'll probably get hives.

It is not different.

You'll probably get hives.

Valid point. I guess a gift card to another store.

I'm at the 6 month mark for the majority of my Synch cards. Haven't had any luck with the backdoor number. Have so so luck with the luv button. I use all the cards occasionally (some more than others) and PIF.

Old Navy: started at 1000, now at 1750

Amazon Store Credit: started at 2200, now at 2500

PayPal Extras: started at 3000, now at 4500

Chevron/Texaco Visa: started at 2500, no change!

Ebates Visa: started at 2500, now at 4000

Toys R Us MC: started at 1000, now at 2300

Lowe's: started at 3000, now at 5500

Sam's Club MC: started at 2500, now at 3500

Dillard's Amex: started at 1200, now at 2200

Walmart Discover: started at 1200, now at 3000

JCP charge card: started at 300, now at 600

I'm at the 6 month mark for the majority of my Synch cards. Haven't had any luck with the backdoor number. Have so so luck with the luv button. I use all the cards occasionally (some more than others) and PIF.

I don't understand. If your reports are clean and 750+ TU, they should be giving you whatever you ask for when you call UW. What does the decline letter that come in the mail say?

I don't understand. If your reports are clean and 750+ TU, they should be giving you whatever you ask for when you call UW. What does the decline letter that come in the mail say?

11 Synch accounts is pushing it. If there is a lot of new credit etc it could certainly be giving pause.

Usually it's the "not enough experience with this credit limit excuse". I'm gonna give it all a rest for awhile and see what happens.

Usually it's the "not enough experience with this credit limit excuse". I'm gonna give it all a rest for awhile and see what happens.

4 consecutive months of use and PIF, then try again after the 4th statement has closed. :good:

IMO, you should plan to close several of those cards over the next 2 years if you want high limits with Synchrony. You're going to hit max exposure rather easily.

The last post in this topic was posted 2670 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.