Sign in to follow this  
fedtrouble

Disputing/Removing A Repo?

Hey Guys!

So here is the deal last year I went away for some time. When I left I had a car financed through Wells Fargo Dealer Services. My ex was left with more than enough money to pay the car note until I came back, but failed to do so, for reasons unknown to me. Fast forward to today, I no longer reside where I used to, I've been cleaning up my credit reports, and just recently received notice that 10 accounts were removed from my equifax credit report. Well I found a little link to pull my myfico score today and it told me I had a depressing 515, down from almost 700 from last march. Most significantly was the repo on my report. Has anyone had any success in getting the repo from Wells Fargo taken off. They can't get ahold of me if they try! I'm 100% sure the debt is within SOL, and I don't want to go wake a sleeping bear right now. I don't need any financing at this moment, for I just bought a used car. Wells Fargo says I owe them $7,610. Now the Wells Fargo Account Says opened 6/2010 which is correct. Any help or advice is appreciated!

Hey Guys!

So here is the deal last year I went away for some time. When I left I had a car financed through Wells Fargo Dealer Services. My ex was left with more than enough money to pay the car note until I came back, but failed to do so, for reasons unknown to me. Fast forward to today, I no longer reside where I used to, I've been cleaning up my credit reports, and just recently received notice that 10 accounts were removed from my equifax credit report. Well I found a little link to pull my myfico score today and it told me I had a depressing 515, down from almost 700 from last march. Most significantly was the repo on my report. Has anyone had any success in getting the repo from Wells Fargo taken off. They can't get ahold of me if they try! I'm 100% sure the debt is within SOL, and I don't want to go wake a sleeping bear right now. I don't need any financing at this moment, for I just bought a used car. Wells Fargo says I owe them $7,610. Now the Wells Fargo Account Says opened 6/2010 which is correct. Any help or advice is appreciated!

bump

SOL on Repo's start when the car is sold and there is a deficency balance due.

they like to report the original loan, but that isn't correct because of state laws governing repos.

read the pinned topic - "your collection score"

your credit repair triggered this, and since your address must be current for disputes, Wells Fargo can get a hold of you.

you should have gotten notice of sale and notice of deficiency balance still due -

don't kick the bear unless you want to pay this off

I would not try to do anything until the SOL is up. For some reason I thought I had read a post from whychat that the sol was 2 years on repos. Either way I would not poke that one now if it was me.