Sign in to follow this  
Knowledge Kick

I Just Want To Give Up

First off, thank you to everyone for their help since I've been a member of this forum.

Despite everyone's good efforts, I still can't get these 4 negative accounts off of my reports. I have been trying for almost 2 years now.

First I tried Good Will letters and they did not work. Next, I tried the Jack Attack and got 1 removed. There used to be 5 negatives. I then sent out 5 "Nutcase" letters. They all come back as VERIFIED. I have tried multiple times using these methods.

I have tried 623 letters. I have sent 4-5 rounds of Jack Attack letters and Nutcase letters. I have tried disputing different tradelines. I have cited laws. I tried being nice. I tried being angry. I feel like I've tried everything.

All 4 accounts are showing a balance of $0. They are all within NJ SOL and are scheduled to be removed in 2014. I can't wait that long. The accounts are all listed as Paid/Chargeoff and the creditors are as follows:

American Express

Capital One

HSBC

The Home Depot / CBSD

I just don't know what to do. I have read this forum through and through and can't come up with any new ideas.

I've been sending the OCs and the Bureaus letters every single month because I want to get these removed and apply for a mortgage. I even offered to pay off the old balances that were charged off 3-4 years ago. No dice.

I just want to give up because it seems like this fight isn't worth fighting anymore. I get letters back saying things like "verified, will not investigate anymore in the future".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve

Yeah it SUCKS!!!! I totally hear ya', But to be honest with you ( I am a persistent SOB), give up for the time being and give it a little break. Clear your head. I am in the same boat. All of my success with cleaning reports up has came through here. THANKS btw! Some creditors and collectors just wont budge no matter what you do. Some could give a rats flowers and just give in even sometimes when a TL isn't even paid. Most are hard headed. I have almost all of my crap cleaned up. There are a few TL's I have where I have tried EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING and there is no budging no matter what. Give up on those. If you keep trying to attack it is just going to put you on the radar with them and too much persistence will just have them not want to help you. After they have been paid they don't care that your rebuilding your credit, which I think is total BS but that neither here nor there. I have 3 TL's that are due to age off within the next 2 years. I can BET, that my info isn't even with them anymore, and I can also BET that CB's are verifying a damn thing. Its not worth high blood pressure and a migraine. I would say I am in the rebuilding phase right now, and it seems like you are as well. After all that work, I still have no reward and spent the better part of 2 years or so, even before I joined the site here repairing. Even after all the work I have put in. After 10+ apps, I have only one measly $300 Cap1 card, which is YES a start, but its not really helping me rebuild. You will get there, just give it a rest for the time being if you are getting that stressed out.

Edited by bozzburg

First off, thank you to everyone for their help since I've been a member of this forum.

Despite everyone's good efforts, I still can't get these 4 negative accounts off of my reports. I have been trying for almost 2 years now.

First I tried Good Will letters and they did not work. Next, I tried the Jack Attack and got 1 removed. There used to be 5 negatives. I then sent out 5 "Nutcase" letters. They all come back as VERIFIED. I have tried multiple times using these methods.

I have tried 623 letters. I have sent 4-5 rounds of Jack Attack letters and Nutcase letters. I have tried disputing different tradelines. I have cited laws. I tried being nice. I tried being angry. I feel like I've tried everything.

All 4 accounts are showing a balance of $0. They are all within NJ SOL and are scheduled to be removed in 2014. I can't wait that long. The accounts are all listed as Paid/Chargeoff and the creditors are as follows:

American Express

Capital One

HSBC

The Home Depot / CBSD

I just don't know what to do. I have read this forum through and through and can't come up with any new ideas.

I've been sending the OCs and the Bureaus letters every single month because I want to get these removed and apply for a mortgage. I even offered to pay off the old balances that were charged off 3-4 years ago. No dice.

I just want to give up because it seems like this fight isn't worth fighting anymore. I get letters back saying things like "verified, will not investigate anymore in the future".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve

Are these trade lines reporting accurately on your reports.?

There's a difference between trying to correct inaccurate trade lines on your CR's (frustrating) and having accurately reporting trade lines that you wish were gone but are legit. I know people have had success getting accurately reporting but negative info knocked off their CR's by the methods you mention, but that will not always happen.

Edited by chicagorich

I don't have any advice for you, but I wanted to let you know I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I am beating my head against the wall at times. I have been working on mine and my husbands credit for 2 years and our scores still are not anywhere where they need to be.

We both have things on our reports from bad previous marriages. Thankfully some of it is getting close to being outside of SOL .

Somedays I feel like I am getting nowhere and want to give up, but I don't. I still come here and read EVERY single day. I have learned so much here.

Even though it seems like I am getting nowhere sometimes with getting deletions, I KNOW I am working towards better credit. For one ALL of my bills are paid on time and I have not had anything go to collections in years. Eventually time will make my credit better. Everyday that goes by that my bills are paid like they are supposed to be my credit improves. And every day that goes by my bad credit is getting older it is one day closer to better credit. I know it doesn't seem like much, but these are the things that keep my trying everyday.

Keep your chin up and DON'T GIVE UP!!!

There's a difference between trying to correct inaccurate trade lines on your CR's (frustrating) and having accurately reporting trade lines that you wish were gone but are legit. I know people have had success getting accurately reporting but negative info knocked off their CR's by the methods you mention, but that will not always happen.

They're accurate. Sometimes a date is off or something, but they're accurate. I just want them gone. If they won't even take my money to remove them then I doubt anything will work.

I have a couple baddies that will not move but 2014 is close I still see the light, hang in there and take a break.

Knowledge, I'm not sure if you want them removed b/c the deletions may backfire on you I have been told. They are older baddies and not sure if they are having that much of an impact b/c of their age. I know how you feel though. I want ALL of my baddies gone too for the clean reports feeling. I've seen some other posts on the board showing that they used other agencies to get baddies removed...FDIC, etc????....I can't recall. Don't give up! Take a break and come back...but don't give up the fight. I'm waiting on some to fall off in 2014 as well. Do you know what your scores are at this moment? I've read posts where old baddies were removed and scores dropped....but I'm sure that depends on the positive TL's you have as well.

Looks like you haven't tried the BBB, AG, CFPB, or FTC.

Are they worth trying even though the negative tradelines are valid and accurate?

BBB has worked for me in the past.

Sorry to hear your having so much difficulty, it seems that there is a large random factor and it sounds like the creditors your dealing with are the kind that won't go away. It happens, the last bad thing I have on my reports won't go away no matter what I do and it sucks because its not even accurate.

Don't give up! However there is nothing wrong with taking a break for a minute too, it sounds like you could use one!

Also how are you doing with the other half of you're repair, that is building new positive trade lines? Have you gotten a secured credit card or two? secured loan? Maybe a unsecured line or two that is easy to approve with lower scores? The more positive you things adding to your file the less those baddies will keep hurting you, there is a good chance your biggest bump is going to be when they finally drop off but you can still help move your score in a positive direction with more positive reporting. (be aware that adding new accounts can also cause a momentary dip due to the inquiry and AAOA drop)

The rebuilding can be very discouraging especially when it comes to finding ways to add new positive lines but they are all over CB from secured credit products to, store credit cards/accounts that approve quite low, etc etc.. There are many success stories on here of people cleaning their report the best they can being stuck with a couple baddies and once they get a bit older they start getting better approvals from "prime" creditors, better APR's, etc While the bad marks hurt the best thing you can do is lessen their blow as much as possible. Just also be careful you don't rack up inquiries like crazy.

Good luck! and keep on the up and up!

Are these trade lines reporting accurately on your reports.?

+1

They're accurate. Sometimes a date is off or something[...]

Then they're not accurate. wink.gif

But when I tell them about the inaccuracies, they just fix them and don't remove anything lol

But when I tell them about the inaccuracies, they just fix them and don't remove anything lol

That unfortunately is all they have to do if the TL is legit. Remember, they're not required to delete legit baddies just because you'd rather not have them there. laugh.gif If they do, you got lucky. If they don't, them's the breaks. None of us likes having to wait out the 7 years, trust me. But just because we want to get rid of the baddies and move on with our lives, dadgummit!!!! doesn't mean we are actually entitled to that. wink.gif

I'm on the same boat as you. I'm taking a break though. All of this can become overwhelming. I've posted several times on here with the baddies I have left and didn't get anywhere. Wish you have better luck than me.

Op, can you tell me more about the size and what happened with debt. Did you pay off etc. when? Op or ca line? got a couple of techniques that might work for a some of the lines.

OP, listen - take a step back and take a deep breath, and then ponder the reality: bad credit is not a life-time thing. In most instances, this is a self- resolving issue; Left alone, negatives will ultimately simply age off your reports. The stuff people teach you here may help you speed things up, but if not, it isn't the end of the world. Eventually, things will improve. The only wild card in that equation is you. If you keep doing the things that create negative marks on your reports, then the nightmare never ends. On the other hand, if you don't... then over time, your reports will improve all by themselves. It is important, therefore, to maintain some perspective.

Lots of people here have gone through periods where their credit was tarnished. Sometimes it is bad luck and circumstance. Sometimes it is behavioral. The one thing true in all cases, though, is that there is always an end to the tunnel - the only real difference is how long you are in the dark. Make sure you don't lose sight of the fact that you are in a temporary situation.