The last post in this topic was posted 3211 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was going to order something from Amazon and have it delivered tomorrow since I'm home and don't want to risk it not being delivered while I'm at work since I never know when my regular UPS driver is off.

Anyway, I noticed it has gone from 3.99/Saturday Shipping to if you want it delivered tomorrow to 8.99. It doesn't matter what the product is. I've four different things. If I wanted it deilver "Next day Ie: Monday, then it's 3.99." One of the features I loved about Amazon Prime was that I could get Saturday delivery at 4 bucks.

I'm thinking of canceling.. as I don't see myself buying any more heavy products in the near future.. which I would assume that then it would be worth cost.

Edited by beli

Well, they still have free 2 day shipping don't they?

I ordered something Tuesday evening with 2 day shipping and it came Wednesday. (was sort of surprised).

I still like my prime. Expensive, but still saves me a butt load of money, plus perks like free movies and borrowing e-books. (the free movies don't really affect me since they don't CC, but it is good for others in the house.)

Because I would rather drive dull pencils through both eyes than go shopping, I do a majority of my shopping (especially at Christmas) online, specifically Amazon. We use Prime and feel it is well worth it. Because you can share the account with (I think) four other people, it could certainly be cost-efficient. We added our daughter and my MIL to our account. I've never been let down with their shipping.

Well, they still have free 2 day shipping don't they?

I ordered something Tuesday evening with 2 day shipping and it came Wednesday. (was sort of surprised).

I still like my prime. Expensive, but still saves me a butt load of money, plus perks like free movies and borrowing e-books. (the free movies don't really affect me since they don't CC, but it is good for others in the house.)

Yeah they still have 2 free day shipping.. but I used the next day shipping the most since like Splashmom I hate shopping specially at Christmas.

I have prime and it's a good deal but I've cut way back ever since they caved and started collected sales tax for TX.

I used to blindly order almost anything from amazon. Now I shop around.

If you post your complaint in "reviews" they will snag it and send you a free one (whatever) over night.

I actually don't mind paying shipping specially if it's something heavy like a microwave. However, what I was going to have shipped wasn't worth paying $9.00 extra when I can pick it up in the store. I just didn't want to deal with the heat today, so I'm going early in the morning. I just wish they would've notified us prime members that shipping changed. Or they did.. and I just didn't realize it.

My portable Ac unit I had shipped I used the 2day free shipping since I didn't need it right away, and thank heavens someone was home to let them in this week. I just can never depend on when someone is going to be home since one of the units that usually lets them in moved last month, hence why I loved Saturday shipping.

I have prime and it's a good deal but I've cut way back ever since they caved and started collected sales tax for TX.

I used to blindly order almost anything from amazon. Now I shop around.

I don't think it was actually their choice. I believe both them and NY had some lawsuit against them. It has been a while now, so I don't actually remember all the specifics...but I remember there was a lot of flack over it.

• Admin

If you post your complaint in "reviews" they will snag it and send you a free one (whatever) over night.

I actually don't mind paying shipping specially if it's something heavy like a microwave. However, what I was going to have shipped wasn't worth paying $9.00 extra when I can pick it up in the store. I just didn't want to deal with the heat today, so I'm going early in the morning. I just wish they would've notified us prime members that shipping changed. Or they did.. and I just didn't realize it.

My portable Ac unit I had shipped I used the 2day free shipping since I didn't need it right away, and thank heavens someone was home to let them in this week. I just can never depend on when someone is going to be home since one of the units that usually lets them in moved last month, hence why I loved Saturday shipping.

My comment was in response to Island's complaint about slow delivery.

I recently received this from Amazon. Additionally, in 2014, they will begin collecting tax from Tennessee sales. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello from Amazon.com,

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Amazon.com LLC. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to provide you vast selection, low prices, fast delivery and convenience.

As you may know, Amazon.com LLC is not required to collect sales or use taxes in Tennessee. However, the state of Tennessee requires us to provide the following notice to you:

You may owe use tax on purchases you made from Amazon.com LLC during the previous calendar year. The amount of tax you may owe is based on the total sales price of the items you purchased during the calendar year unless an exemption exists under state law or you have already paid the tax. A sale is not exempt under state law because it is made through the Internet. The total sales price of purchases you had shipped to Tennessee in 2011 was $521.21. This is the amount that you may include on your Tennessee use tax return to calculate the appropriate use tax owed unless you have already paid the tax.

As purchases from Amazon.com LLC can be made through various sales channels, we have included directly below your breakdown of purchases from the various channels.

Total sales from www.amazon.com $521.21

Total sales from www.endless.com 0.00

Total sales from www.myhabit.com $0.00

Total sales from www.amazonwireless.com $0.00

Total sales from www.smallparts.com $0.00

In addition, the state of Tennessee requires us to provide you with the following link that you can use to get more information and pay any taxes due:

Use Tax Page: https://apps.tn.gov/usetax

Please note the following:

• While Amazon.com LLC does not report this information directly to the state of Tennessee we are required to provide this information to you based on Tennessee Code T.C.A. § 67-6-5 (f)(3) signed into law March 23, 2012.

• This notification has been sent to all customers that had purchases delivered to Tennessee. If you are not a resident of Tennessee, the most common reason for receiving this notification is that you may have sent a gift to a recipient in the state.

For more information you may also view our Tennessee Use Tax Notification Page at:

www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200909330

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com

Actually, I don't know of a state that doesn't require you to pay a use tax for stuff you order online from out of state.

Most people just don't do it.....so technically they are evading taxes.

I remember someone saying something snippy about people who evade car taxes and the like, yet they got sort of quiet when I mentioned people who don't pay the required taxes for online purchases. (I can't remember who it was or what thread, or even how long ago it was)

Actually, I don't know of a state that doesn't require you to pay a use tax for stuff you order online from out of state.

I remember someone saying something snippy about people who evade car taxes and the like, yet they got sort of quiet when I mentioned people who don't pay the required taxes for online purchases. (I can't remember who it was or what thread, or even how long ago it was)

Which is probably why tax-free online sales will probably not be around much longer. I wish our sales tax wasn't so high (anywhere from 9.25% - 9.75% depending upon what city/county) but, I can't complain too much because we don't pay state income tax nor do we pay yearly tax on vehicles.

Yup. It's a good thing that in MN we don't pay sales tax on clothing, or even with the exemption ($770 in taxable purchases, IIRC) my SIL would be up a creek. She shops online almost exclusively. :lol:

It seems Amazon may have sold out its customers for its own benefit. Apparently they are backing the Marketplace Fairness Act to avoid taxes themselves.

The Wall Street Journal reported the reason for Amazon's change of heart is due to numerous deals it struck with states where the company plans to open distribution centers, with the states letting Amazon forgo taxes for a period of time in exchange for creating jobs within the states.

http://news.yahoo.com/amazon-sales-tax-means-155442104.html

The last post in this topic was posted 3211 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.