Sign in to follow this  
harmonie

This means WAR!!!

beg to differ.

he's not on the rental / lease. and they are legally separated. she can bounce him out anytime. who's he going to complain to, the cops?

all she has to do is show the rental agreement that doesn't have his name on it and the separation papers. hes' an unauthorized tenant under the lease.

he's going to sue her for violation of landlord tenant laws, he has to prove there was an agreement, and that he was paying rent - which he never did.

In Florida, that is not the case. If he has established that he lives there, he can't be kicked out legally. He needs to be evicted. He doesn't need to prove there was any agreement. All he needs to prove is that he was living there.

The cops here will tell her that in most instances. Additionally, if he goes back in or has the place rekeyed so he can get in and gives her a copy of the keys, he usually will have no problems. Unless she can prove that there is some domestic violence, the cops will do nothing to aid her in getting him out or anything to stop him from getting in.

Edited by orangecrush

Each state is different, but this is how I am used to it working in FL.

She is letting him live there. IF he has changed his address to there, or if he gets mail there that he can show, then if she calls the cops, he can show that he lives there and they can't make him leave. (well, actually they can strongly suggest it, or find some other way, arrest, whatever to get him out at least for the night.)

It is the LANDLORD who will need to evict him.

But with my earlier post about lawyering-up....here is the deal. He isn't working, he has been living there for a while now. They have been married for 20 years.

She gets him evicted and/or she files for divorce.....he gets a lawyer and there is a good chance that he will be able to get alimony/separate maintenance from her since she has a job and he doesn't.

She needs a lawyer....NOW....to lead her through this process, and not a message board, or else she might end up having to continue to support his sorry azz.

Yep.

They rarely suggest anything these days, unless domestic violence is alleged or suspected. They don't arrest to get an ex out of the house, just because some one is pissy with their ex (or roommate). I have had numerous friends try to get rid of exes (who aren't on the lease) by calling the cops. It doesn't work.

A cop in Broward county told a female friend, that if her ex was so awful she should not have let him move in. :rofl: He told her that if she was sick of him, she could leave or get him evicted. I laughed for days about that. The guy wasn't violent or anything. Just sorry beyond understanding.

I have to ask, how can you sound so strong, yet be so weak? Sure he contributed some sperm to make your kids, but that doesn't mean he needs to be a milestone around YOUR neck.

Divorce this bum now. Kicking him out should be the minimum. You've already proven you can do some pretty remarkable things in your life. Please don't let this last act stop you from moving forward.

Set yourself free woman!!!

I have to ask, how can you sound so strong, yet be so weak? Sure he contributed some sperm to make your kids, but that doesn't mean he needs to be a milestone around YOUR neck.

Divorce this bum now. Kicking him out should be the minimum. You've already proven you can do some pretty remarkable things in your life. Please don't let this last act stop you from moving forward.

Set yourself free woman!!!

I'm just putting my business out there and why stop now. Lol This person has never been good honestly. He comes across innocent on so many ways but he plays mindgames with me. I think he's bipolar but I'm not sure, he's never been diagnosed. Fire a long time I thought I was the problem because I didn't like anything about him and that includes his parents. They all act like this was normal and I'm the one who's crazy for not recognizing this grand priveledge that I had to be his wife. I was too embarrassed by how he acted that I his it from all of my friends and family so I thought, they knew. They told me after I set myself up to be author him and thats when I discovered my strength and just what a burden life I lived. I always came in last. I always hit the short end of the stick and now I dont know what happened the other night normally I would continue to be the doormat and just work it out but I can't anymore. I'm full. It's about me now. The lawyer is 2750. So pray for me to get this money because it's time to move forward... Now you know I learned that this ain't love

beg to differ.

he's not on the rental / lease. and they are legally separated. she can bounce him out anytime. who's he going to complain to, the cops?

all she has to do is show the rental agreement that doesn't have his name on it and the separation papers. hes' an unauthorized tenant under the lease.

he's going to sue her for violation of landlord tenant laws, he has to prove there was an agreement, and that he was paying rent - which he never did.

In Florida, that is not the case. If he has established that he lives there, he can't be kicked out legally. He needs to be evicted. He doesn't need to prove there was any agreement. All he needs to prove is that he was living there.

The cops here will tell her that in most instances. Additionally, if he goes back in or has the place rekeyed so he can get in and gives her a copy of the keys, he usually will have no problems. Unless she can prove that there is some domestic violence, the cops will do nothing to aid her in getting him out or anything to stop him from getting in.

Yep. When my Ex-DH was deeply into drugs and I wanted him out, it was my mom and dad, the owners of the house (when we bought it there were still problems with taxes with my first ex, so they kept it in their names, thank goodness) had to formally evict him.

I have a different view and suggestion. He will follow money. Take some of the legal fees you would spend with an attorney and pay a months rent and deposit for him to move somewhere else. The goal is to get him out of your rental home. Once he's out, change the locks. Never let him back in again. This is probably cheaper and less stressful than lawyering up and getting a huge conflict going and way too much drama.

Place nice until he's out..It will be the best investment for your future and much simpler..Your running the show now, not him. He's pretty easy to predict he'll follow wherever money takes him. So play the game..Tell him you think you'll get along much better if he has his own place or take the money for the rent and deposits and move out of the place without him. That would work too.

Would gladly contribute to your plan..A few dollars will solve this problem and never look back..You ever see someone chase a dollar bill on a string blowing down the street on those hidden camera shows? Well, he's the kind of guy that will chase after the dollar thinking he's getting something for free. That's the kind of guy he is. You're holding the fishing reel and it's your dollar and he will follow it right off a cliff if you dangle it for him.

Rootin for ya! A year from now you'll be way ahead money wise and that's the goal. Sometimes ya gotta spend money to make money..

I agree with try anything and everything to get him out without involving the courts - he may not know his rights not to be kicked out. But if you do need to evict him legally, I would try to file it myself first. Or sucker him into something....

I have a different view and suggestion. He will follow money. Take some of the legal fees you would spend with an attorney and pay a months rent and deposit for him to move somewhere else. The goal is to get him out of your rental home. Once he's out, change the locks. Never let him back in again. This is probably cheaper and less stressful than lawyering up and getting a huge conflict going and way too much drama.

Place nice until he's out..It will be the best investment for your future and much simpler..Your running the show now, not him. He's pretty easy to predict he'll follow wherever money takes him. So play the game..Tell him you think you'll get along much better if he has his own place or take the money for the rent and deposits and move out of the place without him. That would work too.

Would gladly contribute to your plan..A few dollars will solve this problem and never look back..You ever see someone chase a dollar bill on a string blowing down the street on those hidden camera shows? Well, he's the kind of guy that will chase after the dollar thinking he's getting something for free. That's the kind of guy he is. You're holding the fishing reel and it's your dollar and he will follow it right off a cliff if you dangle it for him.

Rootin for ya! A year from now you'll be way ahead money wise and that's the goal. Sometimes ya gotta spend money to make money..

if she doesn't have the $$$ for the divorce lawyer, I doubt she has $$$ to pay his rent.

and I wouldn't set the precedent of providing support, since they are legally separated and he is court ordered to pay child support.

if she doesn't have the $$$ for the divorce lawyer, I doubt she has $$$ to pay his rent.

and I wouldn't set the precedent of providing support, since they are legally separated and he is court ordered to pay child support.

Broke is the order of the day. lol Life will get better once I get pass this hurdle. I'm thinking about just filing chapter 7 and calling it a day because I'm sick of trying to work something out. Creditors are more interested in me being punished than the money they are owed. I was talking with one and offered a settlement and they won't take it. So I offered to pay the whole thing in exchange for their deletion and they want the money but not the deletion... crazy. I will not be broke and have bad credit. One has to go because together they equal screwed. Tired of Screwed.. for real.

Broke is the order of the day. lol Life will get better once I get pass this hurdle. I'm thinking about just filing chapter 7 and calling it a day because I'm sick of trying to work something out. Creditors are more interested in me being punished than the money they are owed. I was talking with one and offered a settlement and they won't take it. So I offered to pay the whole thing in exchange for their deletion and they want the money but not the deletion... crazy. I will not be broke and have bad credit. One has to go because together they equal screwed. Tired of Screwed.. for real.

Have you tried dealing with the executive offices? I've had better luck dealing w/ Middle/upper management of OC's than 1st level CSR's that normally can't do squat. However, most of my debt was not CC related when I started the PFD process.

That said.. Ca's are usually better for doing PFD's.. however OC's for CC's etc.. are a bit tougher nut to crack when it comes to that.

Edited by beli