Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

AmEx Increase

The last post in this topic was posted 2907 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

AmEx just granted me my 61 day increase.I requested $12000, since it's 3x my previous limit, but was sure they weren't going to grant it since I only have a 28k income and don't want to bother with an FR gone wrong.

They put me up to $8300. Over 2x my previous limit, so I won't complain.

Congratulations on the increase, patz2009!

I applied for and was approved for two American Express cards in the middle of April. I just got around to activating them today (AmEx did report for May and June on my credit reports), but I don't see a CLI button. Is there a number I should call?

Congratulations on the increase, patz2009!

I applied for and was approved for two American Express cards in the middle of April. I just got around to activating them today (AmEx did report for May and June on my credit reports), but I don't see a CLI button. Is there a number I should call?

The number on the back of your card should work. It's all automated.

Thanks. I just tried and asked for an even $20,000 (current limit is only $7,500), and they didn't approve. Oh well.

Congratulations, again, though!

Thanks. I just tried and asked for an even $20,000 (current limit is only $7,500), and they didn't approve. Oh well.

Was feeling bored today, so decided to try again! I applied using the link online this time around. Not wanting to be greedy, I asked for about twice my current limit. I was approved! This feels great!!!!!

Was feeling bored today, so decided to try again! I applied using the link online this time around. Not wanting to be greedy, I asked for about twice my current limit. I was approved! This feels great!!!!!

What does the link say? Is it the one that says something like - manage my spending limit - or something?

For the true Amex credit card holders what is your highest max limit? I'd like to do the 61 day CLI but I'm afraid they will hard pull me or FR. I've got 16.5k out of the gate and wondering if I should press my luck? I want a limit up to $24k like my USAA MasterCard.

From what I've heard, requests for $25k+ trigger an FR. You might want to request $24900 or such.

Also, to answer your question: AmEx was tied for my highest limit (with my Citi Forward) at $4000 when I got my Blue Sky. I requested 12k for my 61 day CLI, got $8300 with no hard pull. It's currently my second highest limit, since GECRB just gave me $10k a few days ago.

Edited by patz2009

For the true Amex credit card holders what is your highest max limit? I'd like to do the 61 day CLI but I'm afraid they will hard pull me or FR. I've got 16.5k out of the gate and wondering if I should press my luck? I want a limit up to $24k like my USAA MasterCard.

I have one at 30k and one at 20k plus platinum and I've never been asked for any proof of income. My spouse has one at 30k too; it fact that one has been at 30k for years...maybe she needs a CLI...

congrats patz2009!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2907 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.