Sign in to follow this  
NanaSi

Using Your State Laws – A FIRST STEP

I also put  this post in another forum desperatly seeking assistance Please I have a search headache  :idea:  

I am in NYC and I ordered the 3 credit bureau reports online. There is a collection agency listed with a debt, that I have no knowledge of. I've been going through the threads, and I have my "not mine letter" for the CRA, and My "validate" letter for the CA. But.. there is no information listed for the CA besides the name. Everygreen Professional Recovery. I can't find any info on this company anywhere. I read the other threads and links and I see you do not need a license or bond in NY, but I can not find a link to help me search for info on this CA.  

Please help

It is important to get and use the same contact information the CRA's have on file, they are required to disclose to you the source of all information.

If you want information in the meantime, you'll have to sniff it out via google.

I'd dispute it as invalid with the CRA's based on there being no information provided, if verified, request the procedures for verification, and then use that information to send a validation letter to the CA.

If the CRA's don't have the information, they also can't verify the information.

Sassy

I ordered the 3 bureau credit report online via qspace, and I find it strange there are no listing, of the creditors addresses, and only the last 4 digits of the account numbers show. The only info is the account name, and type besides the info of my status with them, is it qspace to provide me with the full information or all 3 credit bureaus ?

Link to State government websites, including Secutary of State, by state:

http://www.skipease.com/state.html

Also www.searchsystems.net is a good source. Most any public records that you can search for online there is a link for. You can look up individual debt collector licenses in Minnesota and find out where the bill collectors live! You can also do the same for State Troopers and other state employees.

Please visit the consumer protection forum, all this information has been updated in there. This thread remains here for the initial Nana post and instruction/understanding of dealing with CA's that aren't licensed/bonded as one of the first steps in researching your TL's when beginning work on your reports.

Sassy

Edited by SassyinAz