Sign in to follow this  
AshCas

Can someone please explain what B* is?

I keep seeing " B* " in different threads, and I have no idea what it means. Can someone please explain..?

Imagine, if you will, a tube of marbles...

Picture a copper water pipe laying on the ground. The pipe is skinny - only about a 1/2 inch think and about 6 feet long. This pipe can hold exactly 84 marbles. When you try to put more than 84 marbles in, they start pouring out the other end. The pipe represents how much data EQ stores.

Now image there are two different marble colors - red marbles, which are hard inquiries, and green marbles which are soft inquires. As time goes by, every time you apply for credit and get a hard inquiry a red marble is placed in the pipe. Also, whenever a company checks your credit with a soft inquiry, a green marble goes in the pipe. So you have a mixture of red and green marbles sitting in the pipe in chronological order. When you attempt B*, you try to flush all the red marbles (hard inquiries) out of the pipe by loading it up with 84 green marbles (soft inquiries).

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=485388&view=findpost&p=4629917

Credits to jaybee :)

I have signed up for Amex CS and Equifac Complete today. I dont see any link to view soft inquiries.. can someone help me?

Thanks in advance, L

I have signed up for Amex CS and Equifac Complete today. I dont see any link to view soft inquiries.. can someone help me?

Thanks in advance, L

click view report --> click inquiries --> viola ;)

I can see only Hard inquiries :(

Thanks in advance, L

click view report --> click inquiries --> viola ;)