Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Visa Exposed As Massive Credit Card Scam

http://www.theonion.com/articles/visa-exposed-as-massive-credit-card-scam,21136/

According to the Federal Trade Commission, Visa often employed perverse twists on its standard ruse, luring victims with promises of free gifts, enticing but inscrutable "rewards" programs, or deceptively low interest rates that later ballooned out of control and siphoned away every last penny a person had.

That article was dated on 8/2011, if im reading that correctly. Anyone know what else happened? Is MC taking over the world?

I use several visa cards daily and for auto pays. Do I need to take steps now to hedge my risk? I assume banks will begin closing visa cards in light of this news.

I use several visa cards daily and for auto pays. Do I need to take steps now to hedge my risk? I assume banks will begin closing visa cards in light of this news.

Its sort of odd.. but the only Visa card I ever had was a Prepaid Debit Visa, back in 2008/2009 when I started my credit repair. Everything else has the Mastercard logo. All my cards. I have at least 4 Mastercards... No Visa... My bankkcards MAY be Visa. Ill have to look now.

Maybe later. I dont use them at all. Only the CCs...

That article was dated on 8/2011, if im reading that correctly. Anyone know what else happened? Is MC taking over the world?

Note the magnet. ;)

pinky_brain.jpg

^ 320x240. :)

Guys, "The Onion" ????? Not serious - it's satire. A joke. Funny. LOL funny. get it?

Guys, "The Onion" ????? Not serious - it's satire. A joke. Funny. LOL funny. get it?

Maybe you think it is funny but how about the poor sap it turned out to be true for! :)

Maybe you think it is funny but how about the poor sap it turned out to be true for! :)

That's satire - has an element of truth in it. Elements. Lots of 'em. :D

Ahh darn. Now I feel like a tard. :huh: Hege normally posts serious business, so I didnt know this was all a joke.

Edited by TXDatN

Ahh darn. Now I feel like a tard. :huh: Hege normally posts serious business, so I didnt know this was all a joke.

sorry :)

just trying to add some levity. :wave:

snort! The Onion is daily reading at the office . . .*

*on break of course.**

**just like this here post.***

***not one cent of your tax dollars used.

I ruined hedgemony's fun in a previous onion thread, and when I play along...sigh, some days you can't win. :dntknw::rolleyes:

We didn't find it funny at the bank back when it got passed around the office last year... not because it wasn't clever and witty (it definitely was)... we were just all like... "But... Visa doesn't control the rewards or the interest on the cards that are Visa branded..."

I guess when poking fun at any industry, those in that specific industry tend to over analyze it since they know all the details... :lol: