Closed on our house, APPROVED for AMEX ZYNC and Chase Freedom!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 3424 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Almost exactly a year ago this month, my DW and I started our repair after a couple of divorces each and some bad decisions. I found Creditboards by accident through a Google search and it was the BEST accident ever!!!! When we started our credit repair our scores were in the lower 500's. I read and read and read everything I could on here.

After a couple of weeks of reading, I started sending out letters....started getting a couple of deletions and then got addicted to repairing our credit so we would be able to buy our first house (we're both in our mid 40's and neither of us have ever bought a home...sad i know ). We had NO credit cards at the time, but luckily we both have great jobs in healthcare and make pretty decent money. So, we saw our scores start to slowly rise and then I decided to work on the other half of credit repair, aquiring new tradelines. i applied and was approved for a secured Cap 1 card and then their Platinum with the $500 limit. Dw did the same only skipped the Secured one. We then found the WFNNB thread on here and got a little carried away and I got 6 of their cards and DW got 4.

In late August, I decided it was time to join a few CU's, my stepson was enlisting in the Army so I had him sign up for NFCU and DW and I joined after him. We also joined USAA, Penfed, NASA, State Department and just recently Eli Lilly. By this time, our scores were in the lower 600's and we saw some real progress and were ecstatic!!! In early September, I decided to apply for the Navchek at navy and was approved for $3500, I was shocked as our gighest Cl at that time was $500!!! I reconned for a higher limit and got it to $10K!!! I was feeling pretty good about the recon so decided to apply for the nRewards card (this is where it gets good!!) Applied for the nRewards card and it went to the "being reviewed". i thought for sure it was gonna be a decline. I checked the status later that afternoon and saw that it was approved for $22K!!!!!!! I could not believe it!!!! It's funyn I remember talking to my DW and us saying how having this available certainly changes things as far as knowing it's there IF we need it.

I'll try to shorten this up...September to November saw approvals from GECRB (Amazon, Walmart, Lowe's, Old Navy, AE and a couple of others). We were also approved for a Discover More card in December and an AMEX at USAA as well as their Platinum MC. We started the mortgage process in january with Ryan Homes and were approved for a FHA mortgage with 3.5% down.. We were in disbelief but hopeful nothing would come up.

Well.....yesterday we closed on our house without a hitch AND actually got a nice check back for around $3400!!!!! It was an amazing feeling coming from where we were to where we are now. I decided to do a mini app spree last night since it had been 5 months with NO apps!!!!!!

Results were :

Ashley Furniture - Approved $2000 (did this one for the DW)

AMEX ZNYC - Approved (think it's NPSL since did not mention anything about limits or autopay with approval)

Chase Freedom - further processing (called today and had to explain higher balance on our NFCU Visa due to paying back taxes for mortgage....APPROVED for $10K!!!!!!

I just want to THANK everyone here for all the help guidance and suggestions to help the DW and I ge to where we are now.....new house, 2 new cars (forgot about those in October, and nearly $70K in available credit)

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

That's awesome! I love reading these stories. :clapping:

btw, for the Ashley account, get your sales person to request a CLI when you are in store and considering a large purchase.

Thanks !!! I had heard that you can do that in the store, but do you think if I called them and requested a higher CL they would approve??? I had planned to call them tomorrow if so...

btw, for the Ashley account, get your sales person to request a CLI when you are in store and considering a large purchase.

Thanks !!! I had heard that you can do that in the store, but do you think if I called them and requested a higher CL they would approve??? I had planned to call them tomorrow if so...

I tried by phone last year and it was a no go. It's worth a shot though.

Just for some more info, our EQ scores right now are in the 660-680 range (my TU is 748). they would be higher, but we had to pay $9K in back taxes for the mortgage (put that on our nRewards card) and that put our util just under 30%. I was at 701 when my util was under 10% so got a little work to do, but I have a plan for that....

I can't tell you guys THANK YOU enough for all the help getting to this point....

For anyone just starting out, it does get frustrating at times dealing with CA's and OC's, but just come here for advice and don't try to shortcut some of the methods and you'll get to where you wanna be....:D

The rewards are plentiful....

:clapping::yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Congrats! Your story gives me some hope. I'm trying to get my scores up as well for a mortgage in a year and as of a few months ago, my scores were where yours started. I'm probably around 600 now.

Thanks!!! Like I said, it can get frustrating at times and you think to yourself that you'll never get this straight, but just keep chipping away one TL at a time and eventually you'll look back and see what you've accomplished and it'll all be worth it!!!! Don't try to shortcut the methods on this board and things will slowly but surely get better!!!!

Hang in there and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

:clapping:

Almost exactly a year ago this month, my DW and I started our repair after a couple of divorces each and some bad decisions. I found Creditboards by accident through a Google search and it was the BEST accident ever!!!! When we started our credit repair our scores were in the lower 500's. I read and read and read everything I could on here.

After a couple of weeks of reading, I started sending out letters....started getting a couple of deletions and then got addicted to repairing our credit so we would be able to buy our first house (we're both in our mid 40's and neither of us have ever bought a home...sad i know ). We had NO credit cards at the time, but luckily we both have great jobs in healthcare and make pretty decent money. So, we saw our scores start to slowly rise and then I decided to work on the other half of credit repair, aquiring new tradelines. i applied and was approved for a secured Cap 1 card and then their Platinum with the $500 limit. Dw did the same only skipped the Secured one. We then found the WFNNB thread on here and got a little carried away and I got 6 of their cards and DW got 4.

In late August, I decided it was time to join a few CU's, my stepson was enlisting in the Army so I had him sign up for NFCU and DW and I joined after him. We also joined USAA, Penfed, NASA, State Department and just recently Eli Lilly. By this time, our scores were in the lower 600's and we saw some real progress and were ecstatic!!! In early September, I decided to apply for the Navchek at navy and was approved for $3500, I was shocked as our gighest Cl at that time was $500!!! I reconned for a higher limit and got it to $10K!!! I was feeling pretty good about the recon so decided to apply for the nRewards card (this is where it gets good!!) Applied for the nRewards card and it went to the "being reviewed". i thought for sure it was gonna be a decline. I checked the status later that afternoon and saw that it was approved for $22K!!!!!!! I could not believe it!!!! It's funyn I remember talking to my DW and us saying how having this available certainly changes things as far as knowing it's there IF we need it.

I'll try to shorten this up...September to November saw approvals from GECRB (Amazon, Walmart, Lowe's, Old Navy, AE and a couple of others). We were also approved for a Discover More card in December and an AMEX at USAA as well as their Platinum MC. We started the mortgage process in january with Ryan Homes and were approved for a FHA mortgage with 3.5% down.. We were in disbelief but hopeful nothing would come up.

Well.....yesterday we closed on our house without a hitch AND actually got a nice check back for around $3400!!!!! It was an amazing feeling coming from where we were to where we are now. I decided to do a mini app spree last night since it had been 5 months with NO apps!!!!!!

Results were :

AMEX ZNYC - Approved (think it's NPSL since did not mention anything about limits or autopay with approval)

Chase Freedom - further processing (called today and had to explain higher balance on our NFCU Visa due to paying back taxes for mortgage....APPROVED for $10K!!!!!!

I just want to THANK everyone here for all the help guidance and suggestions to help the DW and I ge to where we are now.....new house, 2 new cars (forgot about those in October, and nearly $70K in available credit)

That's so great for you, congrats! How did you get a check back from your mortgage? I might be looking to get a house in the next couple of months.

I tried by phone last year and it was a no go. It's worth a shot though.

OK, I'll give the in store CLI a try this coming week, the DW has her eye on some furniture there anyway...thanks for the info!!!!

:clapping:

Results were :

That's so great for you, congrats! How did you get a check back from your mortgage? I might be looking to get a house in the next couple of months.

We actually overpaid a little on the downpayment, but Ryan Homes also offered us some additional incentives to close in May instead of June which was the original plan. We figured it was worth it....We did learn to not be afraid to ask for things from the builder or mortgage company. The worst thing they can say is no and sometimes you'll be surprised at what you can get just from asking....

Good luck in your house hunt, let us know how it goes..

:D

Thanks everybody!!!!!! I did have a question about using the ZYNC....I've heard conflicting reports as to the usage. Some have said use it sparingly for the first few months, some said it didn't matter. I've also heard you shouldn't use it at certain places and some said it doesn't matter (other than strip clubs..:D )....

If anybody could shed some "experiences" on this i would appreciate it. i've searched the Forums and that's where I got the different stories...

Thanks for any insights!!!!!!!!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 3424 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.