ANNOUNCEMENT

cv91915 has set up a Go Fund Me page to take donations that will be used for flowers for breeze's memorial, and excess will be donated to a cancer charity in breeze's name.  If you'd like to participate, please go here:  https://www.gofundme.com/breeze-memorial .  If you have any questions about donating or the GFM, please reach out to cv91915.  

photo-thumb-3.jpg
Sunday, unexpectedly, we lost one of our own.  After a sudden diagnosis of liver cancer just two days before, our very own mama Breeze lost her battle with this disease and passed away on Sunday afternoon.   She passed peacefully surrounded by her family.

We know that many of you will be as devastated as we are to learn of this, and we know that you will share in our grief.  We will be in the Feedback forum with you, sharing our memories and our tears.  We encourage you to join us there.

We started on this journey fifteen years ago - breeze, Pam, LKH, and radi8.  Through everything that has transpired over the past fifteen years, we have always remained family - and Mama breeze was an integral part of that family.  We will be posting additional information here, as much as we can while still respecting her desire for privacy and anonymity.  For now, while we process our grief, we will close this notice with Godspeed, Mama.  We miss you so much already.

- Pam, LKH, radi8, Marv

- the mods and forum leads

Sign in to follow this  
georgeb

Praise Report regarding House and Credit

First off I want to Thank God for leading me to this board. Over the past 2 months that I have been on this board I have really learned alot. To give you all some background when my wife and I initially applied for a mortgage back in February we were told by that mortgage broker then that my wifes credit was shot and we may consider chapter 7 for her and take a home buyers course. He said trying to fix her credit would be like beating a dead horse. Well I took offense to that and took it to heart. When we tried another lender they said that she needed major work and that would could take a year or so before she would be ready to qualify for a mortgage. Everyone I talked to kept referring us to a credit repair company that we had used in the past on multiple occasions with no success. Finally I decided it was time for me to take action. So I found this board in March and got right to work. Below is what I started off with....

Transunion: 536 credit score 9 bad accounts

Equifax: 546 Credit Score 13 bad accounts

Experian: 491 credit score 16 bad accounts

Well after multiple lenders said that my wife would take at least 8 - 12 months to fix to even qualify after just 2 months on this board she has the following....

Transunion: 615 Credit Score 1 bad account

Equifax: 626 credit score 1 bad account

Experian: 620 credit score 4 bad accounts (2 are pending removal just waiting on experian to make the move)

Plus a pre qualification letter for our first home to be built. This is after 2 months everyone. This is just to encourage everyone to keep trying. I would stay up to all hours of the night researching this site asking questions searching for answers in older threads. I am still not gonna let up. I have just a few accounts left to get removed which im confident will be finished in the next 30 - 60 days. Thanks everyone!!!!

Thank you road! You were one of the main ones that answered my dumb questions and gave good advice and I appreciate you for that

No dumb questions - we're all still learning and sharing what we've already come across. Glad to help!

Well on most of them I did the DV and then after I confirmed they received it I went through the bureau and disputed. About 8 cam off just from that. The others that were more difficult I used BBB and sometimes the AG if they were issues that they werent addressing or laws in the FDCRA that they werent following. Then the rest came off.

Thanks!!!! I guess it is true what they say when you want something bad enough you go and get it

Just a quick update!!!!

The house is coming along pretty good. The foundation is being poured today. I bought my wifes July scores and they are as follows from myfico

Equifax: 668 (53 Point Increase)

Transunion:660 (45 Point Increase)

These increases are up from the initial pre approval pull back in May

Experian I dont know what that score is but I only have 1 negative account that is 6 years old so I am just going to let it fall off in the next few months.

Exciting times! When this house was being built (our 1st) we came out every day to check out what changes took place. We took polaroid pics (before digital cameras were commonplace), grabbed some small scraps of stone, drywall, and wood just for the memories. We came across that stuff the other day as we were packing up some things. It was pretty neat to go through all of that stuff.

Congratulations! That is fantastic work!!

BTW, the ole "DV then dispute" is called the one-two punch.

@Road yea I am out at the construction site more than the builders are LOL. It is a good feeling to know your building from the ground up. I take pictures everytime something different takes place and plan on creating an album so my kids and grandkids when we have them can look at them and know where it all started.

@itrev82 Thank you so much taking action and being persistant pays off even though it is slow and tedious at first

@Breeze Thanks for all your responses to my questions as well as others it helped me alot in my journey. That one two punch combo is really effective

Wow! That is amazing and I am so happy for you and your wife. I am new to CB and I am also repairing my credit to use my VA loan. I was shooting for next year but after reading your testimony im striving for 2013. Congrats again.

This really gives me hope. We are trying to buy a home within the end of the year to early spring of next year and need to increase our score almost 100 points. I was feeling like this slow process isn't going to allow us to do it in that time frame but man if you can pull that off in 2 months time surely I can do it in 6-8 months!!!! Thank you for inspiring and helping me hold out hope. :)

Wow!! That's an amazing turn around, especially for only being two months (I know it's been longer than that now, obviously). Your story is so inspiring and gives me hope.