Sign in to follow this  

Local Blimpies is in violation at least two or three ways

OK. The local Blimpie's had some things that struck me as in violation. (State is NJ.) I got two pictures clean, ad i backed off the third when i was going to snap the sign that said "Valid ID required credit or debit"...

This store has:

1. $10 minimum purchase. (?)

2. ID asked for ON DEBIT!

3. And, they dont take American Express. (They seem to not like the company if the sign is any indicator. They put it in bold like this so.. I wonder.)

So, as I said I got two pictures as to the topic as i didnt want to get testy with the cashier, who was somewhat nice. I have had stores ask me why i was taking pictures before. Not too bad, but.. its because I want to, so.. anyways, here are those two pictures below.

I paid cash anyways, I got 4 lotto tickets. We'll see if that netted me profit.

Here are the pics. What is your take on this, and how would i report if I wanted to? And, would you? (And small hand-written sign by register asks for ID on debit. I am 2 for 3 on pics. I backed off on the third. Besides, we all know generally what signs like that look like.)

1. $10 minimum. 551137_344627278937158_100001696655273_874603_1733417100_n.jpg

2. Oh, good.. there are TW signs by the register asking same. So I did get photo evidence. :)485831_344627742270445_100001696655273_874604_1235726247_n.jpg

baring any special law in your state, the only thing they've violated would be the picture ID thing.

As a mechant, my merchant agreements allow me to take VISA and/or MC and/or AMEX and/or anything else. Note that is "OR". I can take JUST Mastercard if I want to.

The $10 min. is new about two years ago (I think) and was a response to a Congressional change. As a merchant, I love it because I hate paying to have inventory removed.

The ID thing is a violation of the Merchant agreements with Visa/MC. If the card is signed, then ID CAN NOT be requested, unless there is a belief of fraudulent activity. (note: that means you have to believe that fraud IS BEING committed, not merely having the wish to protect oneself from fraud on every swipe)

If the card is not signed, you are not supposed to accept it, but most merchants will, "With ID".

The $10 min. is new about two years ago (I think) and was a response to a Congressional change. As a merchant, I love it because I hate paying to have inventory removed.

would you rather take a credit card for a $8 charge or a $100 bill? So far no merchant has accepted my $100 when they ask for cash for small purchases.

Cash transactions are a lot more expensive for merchants than many realize.

would you rather take a credit card for a $8 charge or a $100 bill? So far no merchant has accepted my $100 when they ask for cash for small purchases.

Cash transactions are a lot more expensive for merchants than many realize.

I'd rather lose the business of those who use me to make change on an $8 item ;)

"Cash transactions are a lot more expensive for merchants than many realize." $8 sales are sometimes more expensive to the merchant than many realize.

I'd rather do credit all the time. Handling cash is a PITA. The expenses with involving cash outweigh that 2% "convenience charge" for credit prucahses most of the time. As I'm a legitimate biz, I don't need to "encourage" cash.

Edited by Up4anything

No way I'm showing ID to a fast food place. I have plenty of other options. I've walked out of places that tried to charge me the full soda price for water, this is easier. If paying comes after they've made the sandwich they can eat it, figuratively if not literally.

Its a small business, I would let it slide. Reporting them would mean more people on the unemployment line. You will have to pay in the end anyways.... But thats just me.....

No way I'm showing ID to a fast food place. I have plenty of other options. I've walked out of places that tried to charge me the full soda price for water, this is easier. If paying comes after they've made the sandwich they can eat it, figuratively if not literally.

You should try.. Nm. +1 on the walking out.

I really do see how being asked for ID makes you feel like you are being accused of a crime.

Anyways, I wont be going back. The sandwich was sloppy, I am uncertain why I even went in there as that place is big and there for some time, and all the signs.. there were so many. Its almost as if the only one they were missing was KEEP OUT or CLOSED DUE TO HEALTH CODE VIOLATION.

Blimpie's franchise, 43rd and Broadway.. #fail.

Go to ... Nah, not going there either. I dont advocate fast food anymore :)

K-mart is another FAIL with Store Policy to see ID. And they get pushy about it.. I usually show if asked because I have nothing to hide, but I may let them get that once.. then never go back in. :) It depends. Best Buy in Jersey City has that policy too and used it when I flipped an iPad 3... debating.

And hege, FTW. Check out the dirt next to that Buddha statue.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. JessieLyn
      JessieLyn
    2. LalaPed
      LalaPed
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mekarobinson
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines