Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
chuyelchulo

DCU FICO scores

So I got my DCU EQ FICO!! 648!! It matched what ELFCU told me when I got their denial. :( But all is well, I'm happy with that score for now 7 months post BK. I assume it'll climb even higher once I lower my utilization back to about 10%, and B* all these new inquiries I just racked up car shopping. :blush2:

Took me about 15 minutes to get in. I did checking and savings. I was waiting to see if I get any preapprovals before trying for credit.

I really want to join DCU for the free FICOs however, I'm not sure if I will meet the free FICOs requirements.

1. Electronic Statements - No problem

2. Direct Deposit - Cant do it.

3. Credit Card - Don't wanna do it because of the extra Hard hit.

Any other way around it?

It seems people have had different experiences. Personally, I just joined DCU about 10 days ago with ONLY a share savings account. Once I received my member number I setup my online access. While doing this it asked me if I wanted to sign up for the free FICO, which of coures, I did. A few business days later I had it. I thought that I would have to enroll in paperless statements and get a credit card (my employer doesn't offer direct deposit) to receive the FICO but apparently with me that was not the case. I would recommend joining and see if you have similar luck. However, it will be a hard on Equifax.

I really want to join DCU for the free FICOs however, I'm not sure if I will meet the free FICOs requirements.

Any other way around it?

2> ACH transactions count as "direct deposit", so if you get an account at a credit union like ELFCU or Alliant, you will be able to meet this requirement easily.

3> Secured credit cards count, and no hard pull ...

Any other way around it?

Just try to join and see what happens. I got mine too after I joined, and I will having direct deposit there, but its not active yet. Also, I believe there is a way to actually buy the relationship plus checking rewards all for 5 dollars a month, worst case scenario. It's not free, but $5 isn't bad either, and it has a few other perks.

Also, I believe there is a way to actually buy the relationship plus checking rewards all for 5 dollars a month, worst case scenario. It's not free, but $5 isn't bad either, and it has a few other perks.

You can buy the "Relationship Plus" checking level for $5 a month? Really??? Do you mind letting me in on the secret? If true, it will earn 0.25% more on the certificates of deposit for just $5.

Here is where I am coming from: I have been laddering a few CDs with them over the years, alas the rates have gone down 1% even compared to last year ... if I can use this trick to bump the yield on a new certificate, it's the equivalent of 25% more interest over the life of the CD and greatly outweighs the $5 fee.

Also, I believe there is a way to actually buy the relationship plus checking rewards all for 5 dollars a month, worst case scenario. It's not free, but $5 isn't bad either, and it has a few other perks.

You can buy the "Relationship Plus" checking level for $5 a month? Really??? Do you mind letting me in on the secret? If true, it will earn 0.25% more on the certificates of deposit for just $5.

Here is where I am coming from: I have been laddering a few CDs with them over the years, alas the rates have gone down 1% even compared to last year ... if I can use this trick to bump the yield on a new certificate, it's the equivalent of 25% more interest over the life of the CD and greatly outweighs the $5 fee.

Sorry for the misinformation, the Relationship Checking is $10/month. :blush2:

Check this link out. It explains how to essentially upgrade.

https://www.dcu.org/prodserv/checking/free_checking.html#buy