Sign in to follow this  
ashlia

Filed Against Scummy CA on Monday...

Still no response from the Defendant's Attrny. If I haven't heard from her by Friday, I am scheduling the hearing.

I have several potential dates for the hearing over the motion to compel, good for both me and the Judge. The Attorney for the Defendant has not responded to any correspondence from me since September 14th. If she does not decide on a date by next Friday, the Judge's Clerk will call her to set the date(from the available dates I have selected). If she fails to respond to the Clerk, I will file a motion for summary judgement.

She's playing games and there may be a reason for it. Are you in JP Court or County? Can any judgment be appealed de novo? If it can, she may be trying to gauge your intent and stomach for a protracted fight.

You're ProSe, you'll be ignored until the Court tell them to NOT ignore you, thus the motion to compel.

I have several potential dates for the hearing over the motion to compel, good for both me and the Judge. The Attorney for the Defendant has not responded to any correspondence from me since September 14th. If she does not decide on a date by next Friday, the Judge's Clerk will call her to set the date(from the available dates I have selected). If she fails to respond to the Clerk, I will file a motion for summary judgement.

Hopefully the attorney will find her professionalism and stop playing games. She is probably just mad that you appear to be as good if not better at her job than she is, and she had to go to three years of law school.

She's playing games and there may be a reason for it. Are you in JP Court or County? Can any judgment be appealed de novo? If it can, she may be trying to gauge your intent and stomach for a protracted fight.

You're ProSe, you'll be ignored until the Court tell them to NOT ignore you, thus the motion to compel.

County Court at Law, Cprems.

Notice of the hearing is being sent out by the Court's Clerk Friday. Set for November 19th.

She's still playing games?

Notice of the hearing is being sent out by the Court's Clerk Friday. Set for November 19th.

She's still playing games?

Yes.

She will not return phone calls or emails from me. When I sent her hearing date options from the clerk, she returned THAT email(the only one she has ever responded too) and said, again, that we needed to work out our discovery via phone calls or emails not through the court with the motion to compel. I attempted two more calls and two more emails...waited more than a week...no repspnse. So I set the hearing for the 19th. I'm sure she'll try to move the date, but I'll object. I have filed each email and a call log into the record, so the judge can see my efforts.

So frustrating.

I am prepping for the hearing in two weeks on the Motion to Compel. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice from others who have been there before??

I am prepping for the hearing in two weeks on the Motion to Compel. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice from others who have been there before??

Any updates on this?