Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Credit Report Security Freeze Thread

If it is a mortgage lender you will have to unfreeze because they have to pull all 3

Edited by georgeb

Almost every CC lender in my state pulls TU, I have 9 or 10 hard pulls :(

There's an app for that. :P

Almost every CC lender in my state pulls TU, I have 9 or 10 hard pulls :(

There's an app for that. :P

Yeah, I've heard rumors about that too ... :rofl:

????? explain please. Bob Wang, come on man!

I don't know if you're pulling my leg, or being serious, but those inquiries can be bumped off.

Oh, I know about B* yes, lol.... I actually tried it on EQ with equifax complete before, it did not work.

But can you answer my questions about pulling another CRA if TU is frozen. Disocover seems really picky, I actually wish they would pull EX.

Oh, I know about B* yes, lol.... I actually tried it on EQ with equifax complete before, it did not work.

But can you answer my questions about pulling another CRA if TU is frozen. Disocover seems really picky, I actually wish they would pull EX.

Some people have had success forcing a creditor to pull another bureau.

Success rate is highly variable, and I would just plan on failure.

i m thinkin doing it on EQ. I have 10 puls in that one. i do not want any other pulls till next year.

I forced Discover to use my EX when I app'd in December.

FWIW, I freeze all of mine when I feel I'm getting carried away. Forced will-power. My state requires fees for freezes and temporary lifts... And I'm, well... Frugal. :D So I really have to weigh the the cost vs benefit.

I forced Discover to use my EX when I app'd in December.

FWIW, I freeze all of mine when I feel I'm getting carried away. Forced will-power. My state requires fees for freezes and temporary lifts... And I'm, well... Frugal. :D So I really have to weigh the the cost vs benefit.

EQ will not let me signup for Complete Advantage for having a freeze on EX. SO I had to remove that one. Now that i am signed up, can i put the freeze back on? will EQ EC daily puller work with the freeze on?

Once you're signed up, you can freeze the other two.

I reopened it for a month so i could pull daily. How do I reactivate it? I called on their regular number but couldn't get through. Is there any number of experian that works for this?

If you requested a temporary one month lift, it will automatically re-freeze after a month.

If you want to freeze it sooner, I guess you can use the web site to request a new freeze.

If you requested a temporary one month lift, it will automatically re-freeze after a month.

If you want to freeze it sooner, I guess you can use the web site to request a new freeze.

ok. i tried it but after the payment page it gives you unable to freeze notice asking to communicate via mail or phone. Tried it twice.

does that mean i have to wait till then. i am also worried as i just went through an app spree and there might be one couldn't pull EQ that might try to pull EX?

ok. i tried it but after the payment page it gives you unable to freeze notice asking to communicate via mail or phone. Tried it twice.

does that mean i have to wait till then. i am also worried as i just went through an app spree and there might be one couldn't pull EQ that might try to pull EX?

Your only option then, is to contact them by mail or phone.

Not many people freeze Equifax.

well... I had some baddies in it which i was unable to remove with all methods available and I wanted to see if Citi and Chanse will pull other if EQ was not available. I had hard time convincing Chase with my storis to approve me during my app spree. so i decided to put a block on it as i am already on CITI's blacklist.

I can't seem to find a good working number to get through the EX automated system for freeze option. anything out there?