Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Questions about disputing as "Obsolete"

The last post in this topic was posted 3132 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a collection with Hunter Warfield that is scheduled to fall off my report later this year but I would like to have it removed earlier. According to EX it will be removed in July/2012, and for TU Sept/2012.

When would it be removed from EQ?

Can I dispute as being obsolete? I went to TU site and looked to dispute it as being too old, but it was not an option, I assume because it is listed as an open account. Does this mean they will not allow me to dispute it as being obsolete? I disputed earlier as "not mine" but they all came back verified.

DOFD was 10/2005.

I have similar with a repo that is scheduled to fall off in July as well. Would be nice if I could get rid of this bad boy!!

You will probably be able to have it deleted by disputing as obsolete, I just had a foreclosure deleted this method. EQ and EX had it set to fall off 7/12 and TU 10/12.

I have recently disputed a couple more tradelines this same way and am waiting on the results. TU would not let me dispute one of them as obsolete online because the account was never updated as closed. However I was able to call TU and told them I wanted to dispute a few accounts as past SOL. The rep asked me which accounts and submitted the disputes easy as that. EQ does not seem to have an option to dispute as obsolete online, I tried over the phone and the reps would not allow a dispute until the full 7 years had passed.

You can also dispute as obsolete via mail and most here recommend that method.

On my eq report where can I find where it says when it's set to fall off,I have my hard copies and it says on both my tu and ex when a bunch of my accounts are due to fall of,but not my eq..exp even goes all the way to even saying a few things in 2015

I have not seen EQ list dates on their reports. You can tell when it is set to fall off by using the DOFD and adding 7 years, I have had EQ reps tell me the delete date on the phone.

Just keep in mind that they are not required to delete something early. Some people are like a bull in a china shop, firing off missives saying "how DARE you not delete my baddie early! It's just a few months!" That's not the way to go about it... they don't owe you early deletion just because you're impatient and frustrated. It would be a favor if they did it, so step lightly. Save the angry letters to higher-ups for items that haven't been deleted yet that should have been. Not items that are legitimately still on your reports, because you're not entitled to it... you're asking for a favor.

Well, I am going to attempt to get mine removed as 'obsolete'. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Crosses Fingers.. this is just my rough estimate but

TU -usually deletes obsoletes from a year to six months sometimes shorter I just had my bankruptcy removed from TU that was due to fall off in June of this year from TU as disputing it as obsolete

Eq USETO be about six months however, they just verified my bankruptcy that was suppose to fall off June 2012.. maybe it was just my dumb luck but I've gotten things off Eq within six months before as disputing as obsolete.

Ex is about three to six months before they will remove anything as obsolete.

This is of course my own personal experience over the last couple years.

Edited by beli

I've noticed they sometimes pull 'em early. I disputed a CA with EX a month before it was due to fall off. They removed it and the remaining two as well even though they weren't due to fall off for another 6 months.

OTOH, EX was the worst one when I got a withdrawn lien removed. It took a dispute followed by a re-dispute where I documented the lien, release, and withdrawal in excruciating detail so they wouldn't get confused.

The last post in this topic was posted 3132 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.