Sign in to follow this  
Knight

Email Campaign Targeting USAA & NFCU

Methinks, there are numerous people on CB with accounts at USAA and NFCU. What don't we start an email campaign asking them to start providing their members with free FICO scores the way PSECU and DCU do (or at least charge a small fee for it):

Experian for USAA https://www.usaa.com...s/ContactUsBank

Equifax for NFCU https://www.navyfede.../contact-us.php

Especially the Experian FICO. I think if we mention the competition providing such scores as benefits to their members, they may just do it.

What do you guys think?

edit: typo

Edited by Knight

Why not just join DCU for EQ?

Because I just got denied. A quick search showed that many were denied as well. Joining DCU is like joining the NSA. You may have a pristine background yet if the interviewer doesn't recommend you in, you are denied. <_<

He turned out to have a million Chexsystems inquiries.

The lady on the phone said you may have as many accounts as you can handle.

So let's say you opened three new accounts in the last month, is that a red flag for them?

Another thing is that when they asked for address verification I sent a cell phone bill. From that response letter that MMMP posted in the thread it seems cell phone bills are a no-no.

Banking accounts or credit accounts?

I don't remember what I sent for address verification, but they accepted whatever it was. On Chexsystems I even had a derog (paid) when they checked, and my last inquiry was a week prior.

Bump

My email has been sent to NFCU. Good call to rally Knight, I'd def like to see this thread bumped regularly.

Methinks, there are numerous people on CB with accounts at USAA and NFCU. What don't we start an email campaign asking them to start providing their members with free FICO scores the way PSECU and DCU do (or at least charge a small fee for it):

Experian for USAA https://www.usaa.com...s/ContactUsBank

Equifax for NFCU https://www.navyfede.../contact-us.php

Especially the Experian FICO. I think if we mention the competition providing such scores as benefits to their members, they may just do it.

What do you guys think?

edit: typo

Here's the message I sent to USAA.

As a grateful member of USAA, I’d like to make a suggestion.

It has come to my attention through a family member that her credit union is offering a free monthly FICO score from Experian to every member. I know that USAA is currently offering a Credit monitoring service with Experian. I already subscribe to this service, but it would be great if USAA could include a monthly FICO score program. As you may know FICO scores is what 90% of lenders use to make their lending decisions. As a member, a FICO score will help me gauge my credit health better.

Thank you very much.

actually I rather have NFCU stick to what they are good at: a generous lender with competitive loan rates. I dont want them spending money on a FICO score system which may have them tighten up their lending policies to make up the difference.

Just like with Alliant... they started offering lower interest car loans but at the same time lowered their great savings rate that they have been known for.

I suggest dont rock the boat, let them do their thing and simply go to other banks for other needs.

actually I rather have NFCU stick to what they are good at: a generous lender with competitive loan rates. I dont want them spending money on a FICO score system which may have them tighten up their lending policies to make up the difference.

Just like with Alliant... they started offering lower interest car loans but at the same time lowered their great savings rate that they have been known for.

I suggest dont rock the boat, let them do their thing and simply go to other banks for other needs.

Agree with respect to NFCU. There are other ways to get an EQ score.

But for an experian score, definitely we should petition USAA. :clapping:

Got a reply today:

Dear Knight,

Thank you for your email regarding
USAA
CreditCheck Monitoring. We appreciate your feedback regarding the FICO score service. We continually look for ways to improve our products and services
so
they are of the highest quality for our members. Thank you for taking the time to send your suggestion.

Please note, due to the volume of feedback received from members we are unable to notify each member individually if an idea or comment results in a direct change;
however your concerns and feedback have been forwarded to the appropriate departments for consideration in future service updates.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,

Emily Huxley

USAA

Come on guys, we can make it happen. :yahoo:

+1 :clapping:

I bank at both DCU and USAA , Regarding DCU , I guess I will have to start reading all the e-mail and snail mail they send me ? :rolleyes:

I was in my local branch today and didn't see anything about FICO Scores

I bank at both DCU and USAA , Regarding DCU , I guess I will have to start reading all the e-mail and snail mail they send me ? :rolleyes:

I was in my local branch today and didn't see anything about FICO Scores

I believe you have to qualify for their PLUS checking account.