Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Dispute Results: Please Help!!

The last post in this topic was posted 3151 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So during my credit report clean-up I disputed and old mortgage that had a late payment. This account was set to fall off my record in August, 2012 but I disputed it as being obsolete. Experian removed the one 60-day late that was showing and now reports it as a positive account until 2015. Transunion completely deleted the old mortgage. Now for the problem. I got my dispute results back from Equifax and now it shows a NEW 60-day late as of Feb, 2012!! This account was paid and closed in August of 2005!!

How can they report a NEW 60 day late 7 years after the account was paid and closed??? Can I file a new dispute??

So during my credit report clean-up I disputed and old mortgage that had a late payment. This account was set to fall off my record in August, 2012 but I disputed it as being obsolete. Experian removed the one 60-day late that was showing and now reports it as a positive account until 2015. Transunion completely deleted the old mortgage. Now for the problem. I got my dispute results back from Equifax and now it shows a NEW 60-day late as of Feb, 2012!! This account was paid and closed in August of 2005!!

How can they report a NEW 60 day late 7 years after the account was paid and closed??? Can I file a new dispute??

oh yeah,m you need to dispute that.

RE - Violations of 15 U.S.C. § 1681i(a)

Dear EQ,

Regarding the previous reinvestigation and revised reporting of the following tradeline that was changed on xx-xxxx

your firm has failed to perform an adequate reinvestigation of the following;

(list out exactly how it is reported)

Please explain why this account is now noted as 60 days past due as of Feb 2012?

Please note that the account was reported as paid in full in 2005 when the mortgage was paid off, ( and the house was sold ? )

I was never late on this mortgage, prior to 2005, and am certainly not currently late.

I have attached a copy of the pay off notice from the lender for your records. ( you should have one of these )

If you do not perform a reasonable reinvestigation, and take note of the documents I have attached, and correct this

I will turn this matter over to an attorney for review for violations of 15 U.S.C. § 1681i(a)(4)

Here are some of the specifics:

Date Opened: 10/2004

Date Reported: 3/2012

Date of Last Payment: 5/2005

Date of First Deliquency: 5/2005

Date Closed: 8/2005

Current Status: Pays 61-90 Days

Activity Description: PAID and CLOSED

In the payment history it lists a 60 day late in July 2005 and now a NEW one for Feb 2012.

So what the heck is going on? I disputed as being obsolete. Like I said Experian removed the 60 day late and Transunion deleted the entire tradeline.

The mortgage was paid off when we refinanced our loan with another lender.

Here are some of the specifics:

Date of First Deliquency: 5/2005

It's going to fall off in May it's always from the DOFD.

if you can wait, do so.

not sure it's worth it - by the time you redispute, they reinvestigate and finally delete it, it will be May.

The last post in this topic was posted 3151 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.