Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Public Record

The last post in this topic was posted 2851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a Public Record I have listed on my credit reports, and if it should actually be classified as a PR.

I'll give the back story first. In Oct 2010 I went to buy a new car, we did up all the paper work and I was approved with Scotia Dealer Advantage (who I had my previous car loan with). After I signed all the paper work, and they submitted it to SDA, I received a call from the car dealership saying that I owed an extra $500 (I forget the reason why right now, maybe it was for commission?). I didn't have the extra $500 cash so I told him to write it into the deal, which he did and I had to go back in and sign off on another contract stating my payments were going to be higher - this happened at the beginning of Nov 2010. This new contract went back to Scotia Dealer Advantage.

Now, I have this Scotia Dealer Advantage PR, one in Oct 2010, which states there is no balance owing, and one in Nov 2010, which states my current car loan balance.

My question to you is, why would this be in my Public Record section. There is a court case # listed, but why would this have gone to court? Who should I contact first about removing this if that is what I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oops, made a mistake: the PR reported in Nov 2010 states the newer full loan amount, not the balance owing.

I would check with the court first and see if they have anything.

Are you looking at hard copy credit reports that you got through the mail?

Yes I am looking at my free reports that came thru the mail.

I've been looking around a lot online as to why this is listed, and the only thing I've come across that that secured loans are reported as a PR on reports butit doesnt give any more explainations. Does any one else have an auto loan reporting under PR?

I will call the court house on monday.

Thanks.

Yes I am looking at my free reports that came thru the mail.

I've been looking around a lot online as to why this is listed, and the only thing I've come across that that secured loans are reported as a PR on reports butit doesnt give any more explainations. Does any one else have an auto loan reporting under PR?

I will call the court house on monday.

Thanks.

That's strange indeed. Generally it will show under public record only if they have a judgement against you, and it doesn't sound like they would.

Any info from the courthouse?

Oh gosh, I'm gonna get killed here, but I couldn't get through to the courthouse so I called Equifax... I know your not suppose to call them but I did. Anyways I asked why it was reporting as a public record, and the lady I spoke to said that all secured loans report under PR on the report. The Court # that is reporting is actually just a Account #, she said it never went to court. She told me also that my report lists that the car loan from Oct 2010 as being paid, and the current loan I have on my car is reporting as being current. She said that this info does not negatively affect my report, it's just listing my secured loans.

If anyone in Canada also has their secured loan also reporting under PR, I would love to know!

Most secured loans do report on EQ in Canada. If you're in Ontario it's called a PPSA registration and a lot of the tie they do report. Also, a loan is a loan so secured or unsecured they tend to report. Some banks are starting to report mortgages now as well (same as they've been doing in the States for years).

Guest w_a_y_n_e

It's a lien registered against the vehicle, that's it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RMillers123
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines