Sign in to follow this  
foeplay

The Master What Is B* And C* Thread

Since this question gets asked hourly, here is a thread for it.

B* = Bumpage

An unethical, but fun way of removing hard inquiries from EQ and TU before the 2 year expiration date.

C* = Choppage

Measures taken by the evil credit bureaus to stop us from having fun and enjoying life by resorting to sneaky tactics that try and stop us from bumpage. Usually this entails the removal of soft inquires from our reports to impede us from reaching the magic number of 85 soft inquires needed to achieve B* on EQ. This occurs once, twice or three times a month.

R* = Rapeage

Some credit bureaus, I won't name any names (Transunion) rather then updating their countermeasures to stop us, they let us have our fun and then one day ruin our party by reinserting all the inquiries we worked so hard to remove. Like a large earthquake in California, we are way overdue for this to happen so expect it any day now.

BW* = Bob Wang :ph34r:

Self-explanatory.

BEGIN BY CLICKING HERE! - Scroll down to where it says "what is B* because we know you are going to ask repeatedly"

B* reference guide

The Master Equifax & TransUnion B* Bumpage Thread

Equifax C* Choppage Dates - Work in Progress

Rule number one about Experian bumpage?

128867071778529436.jpg

Ok. Thanks!

Now I understand what the meaning and reason for doing the B* ( thats a start for me) I will actually learn HOW to proceed with that at a later time.

My question now is:

Is it a good idea that I should wait unil my report is clean before I start B*?

Is it a good idea that I should wait unil my report is clean before I start B*?

Yes because inquiries don't hurt your score that much, only like a few points so its best to focus on the things that are really hurting your score first. Depending on when you are done cleaning and ready to app, those inquiries might not even have an effect at all anymore. Also, I believe that once you accumulate like 7-8 (some can confirm how many?) hard inquires, your score is no longer affected by adding more inquiries to your total. Manual reviews is when inquiries come into play the most.

I did a search months ago and figured it all out BUT I LOVE this post so much more!!! LOL!!

:clapping:

This post is great! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Now I do have one question: is there any specific way that people go about seeing soft inquiries? I use MyFico and USAA-CCMP and neither show soft pulls...

Edited by WilliamsJK2

This post is great! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Now I do have one question: is there any specific way that people go about seeing soft inquiries? I use MyFico and USAA-CM and neither show soft pulls...

That question is answered in the 2nd thread that's linked in my original post... :rolleyes:

Word of advice: Do not backdoor Transunion a lot because you WILL get locked out if you abuse it and it takes 6-12 months to be removed from the block list. Ask me how I know?

This post is great! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Now I do have one question: is there any specific way that people go about seeing soft inquiries? I use MyFico and USAA-CCMP and neither show soft pulls...

From what I understand, there are only two ways to see your softs.

1. Equifax Complete Advantage - sign up for the free trial, you can see your softs after pulling a fresh report on the 2nd day of membership.
  2. Equifax Backdoor pull

Problem with both of these (again from what I understand) is that both have the potential of placing you on the EQ C* Block. mad.gif

So... it's a Catch 22... you want to see your softs to find out if you're getting C*, but the methods of seeing your softs place you at risk of C*.

Or you could use a single daily puller for a solid three months and if you're not getting B* luv then there's a good chance you're getting C*.

Is this all correct experts?

Edited by bdp02

If you are a complete newb to credit repair and bumpage sign up for a single puller only first and then pull daily for 90 days to see of you are one of lucky ones not on the chop list and achieve bumpage. If after 90 days you haven't seen any results than you are definitely on the chop list and will need to subscribe to multiple pullers in order to beach the choppage dates and accomplish bumpage.

I'm a newb and am devouring every bit of B* information that I can. Two questions that I have from reading about all of this:

1. Is S* still a concern (double reports)? I never see any mention of it anymore unless what I'm reading was written 5 years ago.

2. I think the OP called it "rapage" and mentioned that we're due to have TU or EQ resurrect bumped hard inquiries, but I read elsewhere that it does happen every year around April. Any truth there?

If you are a complete newb to credit repair and bumpage sign up for a single puller only first and then pull daily for 90 days to see of you are one of lucky ones not on the chop list and achieve bumpage. If after 90 days you haven't seen any results than you are definitely on the chop list and will need to subscribe to multiple pullers in order to beach the choppage dates and accomplish bumpage.

I would add an addendum to this.

If you are a newb that will be disputing you will get on the C* list by daily pulling and disputing at the same time.

Can you add what the daily pulling sites are? I've seen EC, MPM and USAA-CCMP but I only know what the USAA one is. If links to the sites are allowed, that would be great too .

Can you add what the daily pulling sites are? I've seen 1. EC, 2. MPM and 3. USAA-CCMP but I only know what the USAA one is. If links to the sites are allowed, that would be great too.

Happy to oblige.

For yourself, and anyone else that may be wondering the links and acronyms:

1. http://www.equifax.com http://www.equifax.com/home/en_us - Equifax Complete is the Daily Puller credit monitor service. :ph34r:

2. http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/ This is "MPM through EIDT." MPM = My Privacy Matters

3. https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main

Now, a question from myself as to other services: can someone please kindly do the same for 1. SC/SCP, 2.CS, and 3.CK? Thank you

1. Smart Credit or Smart Credit Premium, a TU B* service http://www.smartcredit.com/helpCenter/general/faq.jsp http://www.smartcredit.com/howItWorks/what-you-get.htm

2. Credit Sesame, ?

3. Credit Karma? Credit Keeper? other?

CreditSecure (Need a legit AMEX card and need to call them to sign up for unlimited pulls)

https://www295.americanexpress.com/premium/credit-report-monitoring/home.do

Smart Credit (Get 4 pulls initially then most call to get pulls added)

http://www.smartcredit.com/

Credit Karma (For TU B* I believe)

http://www.creditkarma.com/

@beekrock - rapeage has only happened on TU and it traditionally has happened in April. however last April came and went and nothing happened, so it's up in the air whether or not it will happen again and when it will happen.

Any of you experienced pullers know what my odds of splittage or C* would be if I were to pull once daily with USAA indefinitely, as well as pulling my reports directly from EQ and TU quarterly? Would this ordinarily be enough to keep me under the radar?

Any of you experienced pullers know what my odds of splittage or C* would be if I were to pull once daily with USAA indefinitely, as well as pulling my reports directly from EQ and TU quarterly? Would this ordinarily be enough to keep me under the radar?

I also have pulled only USAA daily "indefinitely" as you say and seen no results, but then again I have not known how to look for results. That said, there are two problems with saying that my 3, 4 months, (longer) pulling USAA every day either a. Caused C* or b. Caused "splittage:"

1. I fit the description Link2K gave of being a newbie and making a mistake: 1. Both disputing/requesting credit file, and daily pulling. Healthy C* for me.. I am almost certain I am on it.

2. My "Splittage" suspicion (TU and EQ) came from each report having a different number, 3 on TU. I wrote them, referencing ALL numbers sent, and they finally sent me 3 copies of my paper CR. Of course i still have them, but I know what they say everyday through USAA CCMP.. So, whether or not the different # was splittage.. My letters appear to have rectified the situation, but even if they didnt, it appears no biggie. May not have been splittage.. but may have been related. Its up for debate.

That has been my experience there.

I myself am seriously considering adding MPM via EIDT and CK (will have to re-read which one is good for EQ B*) .. I have heard some takes of EC causing C*, so while it will show you the softs, yes.. if you pulled it at the end of the day, what if it C*s? :o Now, perhaps that doesnt apply to those already on C* block.. :dntknw: I am unclear there.

This thing called B& CAN happen, its just about using the right combination for your situation. And doing it EVERY DAY.

Can't speak to S*, never had it. As far as C*...

Any of you experienced pullers know what my odds of splittage or C* would be if I were to pull once daily with USAA indefinitely

Low

as well as pulling my reports directly from EQ

More higher

1333772563[/url]' post='4657152']

Can't speak to S*, never had it. As far as C*...

1333772015[/url]' post='4657145']

Any of you experienced pullers know what my odds of splittage or C* would be if I were to pull once daily with USAA indefinitely

Low

as well as pulling my reports directly from EQ

More higher

So if I begin the B* process and just pull daily from USAA, to be on the safe side I shouldn't ever pull my report from anywhere else regardless of how rarely I do it?

Unfortunately, pretty much. I believe that fooling with EQ in any way, shape or form can get you on the block. Disputing, calling them for anything, etc.

1. I fit the description Link2K gave of being a newbie and making a mistake: 1. Both disputing/requesting credit file, and daily pulling. Healthy C* for me.. I am almost certain I am on it.

This is NOT a mistake people!!! Having a clean report (baddie free, not to be confused with inquiry free) is the ultimate goal and the priority. Therefore you should by all means dispute and not worry about getting added to chopping blocks. Bumping inquiries is nothing but a small fry in this credit game.

mc-donalds_sm_fries.gif

This is NOT a mistake people!!! Having a clean report (baddie free, not to be confused with inquiry free) is the ultimate goal and the priority. Therefore you should by all means dispute and not worry about getting added to chopping blocks. Bumping inquiries is nothing but a small fry in this credit game.

mc-donalds_sm_fries.gif

biggrin.gif

Getting rid of baddies = most important

Pulling daily = not important at all

Dispute away just don't pull daily during that time. Plus if you are disputing you will be getting monthly updates from the CRA's as they update no need for DP. If I would have just waited a month and a half to start daily pulling I likely wouldn't have been C*.