Sign in to follow this  
Creditchick

Two Charged in Death of 9 Year Old Girl

I am reposting as this is the clearer answer from a legal stance. Sorry that it was overlooked, yet I caught it and considered it worthy of re-iterating

Funny how this topic can side track when the REALITY is a child is dead. Nothing can change that result.

Clearer for who? Stevie Wonder? There is no such charge as third degree felony murder in Alabama.

ETA: All of the nuts from Alabama, please chime in and verify (or not) my statement.

Edited by orangecrush

The medical condition had to do with her bladder.

Certain foods cause the bladder to back up (im trying to remember how it was explained) the same way acid reflux does.

Chocolate irrtates the bladder in her condition. She was caught with a candy bar which is what started the whole thing. She had to run as punishment.

As for the charges, im hoping felony child abuse with put the "felony murder rule" into place making it murder. No if, and, or butts.

I am reposting as this is the clearer answer from a legal stance. Sorry that it was overlooked, yet I caught it and considered it worthy of re-iterating

Funny how this topic can side track when the REALITY is a child is dead. Nothing can change that result.

Clearer for who? Stevie Wonder? There is no such charge as third degree felony murder in Alabama.

ETA: All of the nuts from Alabama, please chime in and verify (or not) my statement.

Public correction- In Alabama the definition falls under Manslaughter.

The two ladies were Charged with "Murder".

Edited by LogicalNoMore

The medical condition had to do with her bladder.

Certain foods cause the bladder to back up (im trying to remember how it was explained) the same way acid reflux does.

Chocolate irrtates the bladder in her condition. She was caught with a candy bar which is what started the whole thing. She had to run as punishment.

As for the charges, im hoping felony child abuse with put the "felony murder rule" into place making it murder. No if, and, or butts.

If you are talking of VUR (vesicoureteral reflux) my daughter has that and none of my research nor has any doctor told us to avoid chocolate or any other particular foods. I did have her drink more cranberry juice because it helps clear out the kidneys better. And no bubble baths. But never were we told or have we read to avoid chocolate.

ETA: according to NIDDK (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney diseases)

Eating, Diet, and Nutrition

Eating, diet, and nutrition have not been shown to play a role in causing or preventing VUR.

The issue with VUR isn't do much irritating the bladder, it is allowing/getting bacteria into the bladder that then makes its way via reflux into the kidneys, causing damage an scarring.

Edited by angeleyeskkhr

Thanks Angel. That's what it was. I was watching CNN and some Doc on there mentioned chocolate.

But then again, it's CNN. So take it with a grain of salt, lol.

I still think the mom and granny need a tazin IMO.

Whoa, they are seeking the death penalty for the grandmother. They have indicted her of capital murder charges and felony murder charges on the step-mother.

Prosecutors seek death penalty in killing of Alabama third-grader

I don't know....what they did was horrible, but capital murder and the death penalty? I was thinking more along the lines of negligent manslaughter. (or whatever the proper term is)

Whoa, they are seeking the death penalty for the grandmother. They have indicted her of capital murder charges and felony murder charges on the step-mother.

I don't know....what they did was horrible, but capital murder and the death penalty? I was thinking more along the lines of negligent manslaughter. (or whatever the proper term is)

Erm, I somewhat agree with you but...now I'm just curious how that 25 year old who shot that kid in FL can be free right now. I mean...WTF?

Erm, I somewhat agree with you but...now I'm just curious how that 25 year old who shot that kid in FL can be free right now. I mean...WTF?

Yeah, the world isn't making much sense to me right now either.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that both the grandmother and step mom need to be held accountable for what they did to that poor child....but I think the death penalty is a little overboard.

I can't help but wonder if they are pushing that to get them to plea down.

Pfft. Now you know I would punch a coach in their face (or a parent for that matter) for trying to abuse my kid (and probably their own). I am not known in the neighborhood as "Momma Nem" for nothing. If I will stand out in front of a neighbor who is driving too effen fast in the mornings and let them know I have gas cans and matches, I would certainly not hesitate to do so just because someone thinks they're going to be the next Coach K. Besides I dont have my kids in cheer, or football or baseball for that matter. I'd rather they learn/know how to round house kick someone in the face aka Deluxe Mary style. I wouldn't and won't allow their Tae Kwon Do coaches to mistreat them either.

These two heifers knew damn well making a kid run for THREE hours was wrong. That's a more than a flipping marathon. They are nothing but low-down, dirty, white trash and their "parenting skills" show it. If the DA goes with Murder, because they had prior knowledge of a medical condition, then good for the DA for having the boy bits large enough to do it. I don't think they'll be convicted, but you never know. I am hopeful they will both get shanked in prison and end the discussion right there. :glare:

Only an elite runner is going to be finishing a marathon distance in under three hours. An average/novice runner will be doing less than 15 most likely.

ETA - for a female (in 2011-2012) to qualify for the Olympic Trials, a marathon had to be completed in under 2:45. Less than 200 women qualified. FYI.

Edited by squirrelgirl

Capital murder? WTF?

I thought capital murder was reserved for cases like:

* Murder of a police officer (especially in the line of duty)

* Murder for hire

* Murder to facilitate rape, robbery, etc.

Here it doesn't even seem that there was intent to kill. Clearly it was child abuse, but I don't think anyone imagined she'd end up dead.

Capital murder? WTF?

I thought capital murder was reserved for cases like:

* Murder of a police officer (especially in the line of duty)

* Murder for hire

* Murder to facilitate rape, robbery, etc.

Here it doesn't even seem that there was intent to kill. Clearly it was child abuse, but I don't think anyone imagined she'd end up dead.

Trick knew the child had a medical condition. This was her freakin GRANDBABY. Eff her and the greasy dually truck she was probably conceived in.

Trick knew the child had a medical condition. This was her freakin GRANDBABY. Eff her and the greasy dually truck she was probably conceived in.

The only medical condition that I have seen mentioned, is one that one be made worse by eating chocolate. Her eating chocolate is what started the punishment. I have read nothing that says her medical condition contributed to her death. Has anyone seen otherwise?

Edited by orangecrush

The only medical condition that I have seen mentioned, is one that one be made worse by eating chocolate. Her eating chocolate is what started the punishment. I have read nothing that says her medical condition contributed to her death. Has anyone seen otherwise?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/25/savannah-hardin-update-_n_1300948.html

Court documents also show Savannah had an unspecified medical condition that required continuous medication and treatment, including monthly visits with her regular doctor and trips every few months to see a urologist in Birmingham, about 60 miles away.

Authorities say the grandmother became angry when Savannah allegedly ate chocolate, because it contains caffeine, and the girl was not supposed to ingest caffeine given her condition

Authorities said an autopsy showed the child was severely dehydrated and had an extremely low level of sodium, which is necessary for the body to prevent seizures and dehydration.

I am 100% positive, although the minute amounts of caffeine in a candy bar may have exasperated the girl's renal condition... forcing her to run for hours in the hot, Alabama sun is probably what caused the low sodium and dehydration which in turn caused her death.

So again I say Eff these Hillbilly, trailer trash beotches and Im glad the grand jury indicted the grandmother for Capital murder. She's an ignorant wench who knew dayum well how sick her grand daughter was. Getting the Chair would be appropriate.