Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
acsincpr

Defaulted Student Loans

Greetings

I owe $32851 in 3 Loans

2 with Sallie Mae

1 with National Student Loans

All 3 accounts are in default, i contacted Default Student Loan Assistance, LLC.

thru their website www.defaultedstudentloansolutions.com

I wanted to know if people on this forum have used them in the past,

they asked $399 to work on the repayment plan

they sent me this email:

(Assuming you are single and head of household your monthly payment under The Income Sensitive Repayment plan is $ 54.83. Keep in mind this is based off of your numbers that you have provided. If are married then your monthly payment will drop below $35.00 a month. The process takes 30-60 days and after you are officially approved your loans will come out of default and you will once again be eligible for Title IV Student Loans.The negative items do NOT come off your credit report but they will be marked paid in full and closed. They will drop to the bottom of your file.Did I mention we charge a fee of $399.00. We break this up into 3 payments. We guarantee this in writing and I have also put a lot on paper already. We are also listed with The Better Business Bureau.)

They want $399 to help you fill out a Direct Loan Consolidation Application??? Dont give them a dime!!! Do the loan yourself....https://loanconsolidation.ed.gov/AppEntry/apply-online/appindex.jsp

ok thanks

Whats the chance of not getting approved?

They want $399 to help you fill out a Direct Loan Consolidation Application??? Dont give them a dime!!! Do the loan yourself....https://loanconsolidation.ed.gov/AppEntry/apply-online/appindex.jsp

Your chance would be the same with them as on your own. But $399 out of your pockets and into theirs.

You can also check out IBR - Income Based Repayment. I think your loans have to be out of default to be able to apply though.

Your chance would be the same with them as on your own. But $399 out of your pockets and into theirs.

You can also check out IBR - Income Based Repayment. I think your loans have to be out of default to be able to apply though.

Only reason I can think of for denial is that you are being garnished under AWG. You will automatically be assingned to the income contingent repayment plan ICR. And defaulted loans can and also have been eligible for consolidation.

Greetings

I owe $32851 in 3 Loans

2 with Sallie Mae

1 with National Student Loans

All 3 accounts are in default, i contacted Default Student Loan Assistance, LLC.

thru their website www.defaultedstudentloansolutions.com

I wanted to know if people on this forum have used them in the past,

they asked $399 to work on the repayment plan

they sent me this email:

(Assuming you are single and head of household your monthly payment under The Income Sensitive Repayment plan is $ 54.83. Keep in mind this is based off of your numbers that you have provided. If are married then your monthly payment will drop below $35.00 a month. The process takes 30-60 days and after you are officially approved your loans will come out of default and you will once again be eligible for Title IV Student Loans.The negative items do NOT come off your credit report but they will be marked paid in full and closed. They will drop to the bottom of your file.Did I mention we charge a fee of $399.00. We break this up into 3 payments. We guarantee this in writing and I have also put a lot on paper already. We are also listed with The Better Business Bureau.)

William D Ford Consolidate, Its very easy.... You apply online, use the National Loan Student Data base. You can even call the department, they will help you step by step. Some of the nicest people are in the consolidation department, not the jerks in the DCS department.