Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Credit Sesame

The last post in this topic was posted 3055 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have read a little about Credit Sesame and thought their score was pretty accurate. I applied for macy's and the score they gave me was 138 points less than CS. What should I gather from that?

I have read a little about Credit Sesame and thought their score was pretty accurate. I applied for macy's and the score they gave me was 138 points less than CS. What should I gather from that?

Did Macy's pull Experian?

That their scores are not very accurate

You could potentially gather:

1. Macy's uses their own proprietary model of scoring.

2. CS is not a true FICO and while the scores from it can be pretty close to actual EX FICO, some are way off. For example, my FICO is 716, CS is 773. Looks like it's not taking any of my negative indicators into account.

They did pull Experian. My CS score is pretty close to my Trans Union and Equifax score, but Macys was so much lower. Interesting. I am working on getting my report, but there not be any new (last 12 mths) negatives that could have pulled it down.

Thanks

Where did you read that CS is not a Fako? I monitor my Fakos as well as my ficos and as others have posted, my Fakos are lower than my real scores (Ficos). My CS score is close to my EX fico score.

I thought I read it on here somewhere, but I may have misinterpreted it. My CS score was 649 and macy's said 511. That is a huge difference!

CS score is not FICO score. It's FAKO score. My CS score was 724 and my EXP FICO score was 750 (pulled from US Bank).

Ron.

I have found that Citi Identity Monitor is withing about 3-5 points of my actual Fico Scores on all 3 CRA's, as pulled by a mortgage lender, on two separate occasions. If close to accurate scores is your goal, give them a try if you're willing to pay the monthly fee.

I thought I read it on here somewhere, but I may have misinterpreted it. My CS score was 649 and macy's said 511. That is a huge difference!

Do you have your Macy's denial letter. If it is like the one I received recently it said they used there own scoring system in the decision.

The last post in this topic was posted 3055 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.