Transunion has a "tradeline limit" so they are deleting my positive tradelines as I get new ones- but my negative tradelines are remaining...

LuvingMomof5boys

The last post in this topic was posted 3901 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a contact in David Emery's office (COO of Transunion) and they in fact do have a limit of number of files. I have 84 trade lines (open and closed) on my Equifax and Experian, my Transunion only holds up to 67. And yes as a new trade lines appear, your older trade lines (both positive and negative) can become hidden trade lines, Transunion's position is those are not visible to the individual consumer but the creditor can see them. I have yet to obtain the creditor's view of the report; however, I know my Credit Monitoring and MYFICO do not pull the entire file. My file is not split, that's confirm with copies they mailed me, etc.

It amazes me that a credit repository such as Transunion has a data limit when they are a national and global repository, certainly people and businesses are going to have >60+ trade references. I have heard a few people state they have >60 trade lines reported, but no one to step forward that I can challenge Transunion using those individuals as an example to Transunion that there are reports which do exist with >60 trade lines.

I have a contact in David Emery's office (COO of Transunion) and they in fact do have a limit of number of files. I have 84 trade lines (open and closed) on my Equifax and Experian, my Transunion only holds up to 67. And yes as a new trade lines appear, your older trade lines (both positive and negative) can become hidden trade lines, Transunion's position is those are not visible to the individual consumer but the creditor can see them. I have yet to obtain the creditor's view of the report; however, I know my Credit Monitoring and MYFICO do not pull the entire file. My file is not split, that's confirm with copies they mailed me, etc.

It amazes me that a credit repository such as Transunion has a data limit when they are a national and global repository, certainly people and businesses are going to have >60+ trade references. I have heard a few people state they have >60 trade lines reported, but no one to step forward that I can challenge Transunion using those individuals as an example to Transunion that there are reports which do exist with >60 trade lines.

Who will be the one to sue Transunion for violating 609 of the FCRA? I would, only I don't have over 67 tradelines.

Do you have this in writing from TU

I have in writing from tu opposite we can see our own but creditors only needed to see the neg and some of our pos.

Is there anyway you can post the exact text of your letter from TU , removing personal information of course...

I have in writing from tu opposite we can see our own but creditors only needed to see the neg and some of our pos.

Well here are a few questionable responses- I can't find the suppressed email but I am on my way out I will try again later...

"Please be advised that due to our system limitations and the amount of credit that is being reported to your credit file, some items may not appear all of the time. It depends on when your creditors provide an update to us. That does not mean that items are re-inserted, it just means that on the day you requested your report, that is the most current information our system held for you. If you would like all of your credit to report all of the time, we can create a secondary file for you; however, other issues could arise when you visit us on the internet such as only one file being returned to you."

"The item was not deleted. It was not appearing on your credit file as other creditors had reported more recently. As I explained in my last email, our system has limitations as to how much credit can appear on one (1) file. That is why is it not considered to be a "re-inserted" item. I do understand that having two files may be a concern to you; however, at this time that is the only way we can report all of your credit at one time. I hope this helps."

"In my XXXXXXXXXX email to you, I advised you that the issue is due to the number of credit accounts you have and our system limitations. In reviewing your file today, I found XX new accounts reporting that have been opened between XXXXXX and XXXXXX.

We previously discussed a solution which involved having two credit files; however, you did not want us to create the second file so that all of your credit could be reported at one time. Also, we would be unable to control which report/reports a lender would receive when you apply for new credit.

Thank you."

So This is her NEW email which goes one step further- I now have the option to have a split file :) UM WHAT?

I think I will just go ahead and start getting my things together for some legal action :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No I file a BBB complaint in regards to this exact thing and threatened legal action and all of a sudden 27 accounts that disappeared now reappeared. So it appears that they can place them back on there if you scare them. My account before I even submitted a BBB is already handled in special handling department and I have my own rep.

• 2 weeks later...

This is happening to me too. I only have 60 TU trade lines. All my other reports have over 90. I have 40 closed ones and 20 open ones... if I open a new tradeline....one falls off. I have never actually sat down and compared but I'm not even sure its worth disputing? I just added a couple new tradelines... so will be interesting to see my score once those report and I guess 2 more TU entries fall off.

I noticed a closed positive tradeline recently removed from TU that was only closed back in 2009 and I only have about 29 open/closed tradelines.

I called about it and told them to put it back on. Their response was to call the creditor to add it back on. swoon.gif

Mine also reappeared and David Emery also personally contacted me and wants to talk by phone. But I am going to talk to my attorney and see if they want to look into suing. My credit score jumped 90 pts when the 27 accounts reappeared as there were only 3 negative and 24 positive.

on what grounds would you sue?????

The last post in this topic was posted 3901 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.