Sign in to follow this  
ugghh

USAA MasterCard

I got a USAA mastercard letter in the mail today. It was not a preapproval but it talked about the benifits of a their card and compared them to other cards. It also invited me to apply. I am just over a year out of BK (didn't burn them) but I think it is a trick LOL... I am thinking that since they use EQ I might try just to see since I am actively B* right now.

What do you guys think? Just a waste of time/inquiry?

Not that I am aware of. Especially if it would be listed as USAA (I do not have anything listed by USAA). :(

Well first login to your account and see if there are any pre-approvals under the offers tab.

Even if there's not, being a full member and based on what you show in your sig, I think it might be worth a shot even though your EQ is your worst score.

Only PRMs I have -

PRM-ACCESS NATIONAL BANK 09/22/11, 06/23/11, 03/21/11

PRM-CREDIT ONE BANK NA 07/22/11

PRM-FREEDOM MORTGAGE CORPORATION 05/05/11

Well first login to your account and see if there are any pre-approvals under the offers tab.

Even if there's not, being a full member and based on what you show in your sig, I think it might be worth a shot even though your EQ is your worst score.

Nothing on the offers page (no new changes anyway)... I think I might try just because it is EQ...

Survey says.......

Why wasn't I approved?

<br clear="all">

Thank you for your interest in a USAA credit card. We reviewed your application and after careful evaluation, we're sorry to inform you that we're unable to approve a USAA Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard® at this time.

Our decision to decline your application was based on the following reasons:

• Bankruptcy

Oh well... I am in B* mode right now anyway.

They did offer me a secured card...

its free and wont hurt to recon. youve taken the hit, id say recon twice on two different days.

explain the bk maybe you tell them something they want to hear and they change their mind.

sorry, good luck.

if i was to apply id apply for the simplest most basic card. the non rewards mastercard. then upgrade.

*edit

matter of fact, you should be able to do a 2-for-1, 2 pulls 1 inquiry. call and ask if you would qualify for the basic mastercard, then explain why you bk, hpefully they say something positive

Edited by bluesmap

Has anyone ever had sucess with a recon on USAA?

No. I got denied for USAA Platinum MC a few years ago. I sent them an email to recon and they told me to call them. They told me to re-apply after six months when I called. They told me everything was final. No recon.

Ron.

Edited by Ron1

Total cost so far of the app is 1 inquiry and 4 'fako' points.... Hopefully they will go away in about a month.

Edited by ugghh

I just joined USAA today, I'm now a full member.

I have a pre- approval for a car loan up to $50k and a credit card up to $25k in the Offers tab.

My highest credit card that reports a limit is $15k. I don't need another card, but if I could get one with a $25k limit...

Just wanted to make sure this is what they tell everybody, and my credit limit will be somewhere between $500-$25,000, right?