Sign in to follow this  
jds2001

Writing down ID?

I was at a place last night that I had been at before, and never had anything like this happen (though I've only been there like 3 times). I was done eating and drinking a few brewskies, and got the check. First I put down my Amex Plat, and she politely infromed me that they didn't accept Amex and I'd have to pay some other way. Then I got out my Chase Sapphire, and she asked to see ID. I wasn't in a particularly confrontational mood, so I played the game. Then she proceeded to WRITE MY ID NUMBER on my receipt (all the while muttering something about some "stupid new rule" which seems to indicate she was no happier than me to be doing this).

I don't *think* anything can be done with my license number, but I wonder why they insist on retaining this info? (and yes, the ID request came when I paid, not when I first ordered alcohol, so the "are you 21?" excuse is certainly not valid).

This is actually illegal in a lot of states...

How do I find out which states it's illegal in? I am particularly interested in Nebraska. This happened to us a couple of days ago.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mic2smooth
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines