Sign in to follow this  
brazen

2012 Vacations

You get 45 days of PTO a year!?

Yes... most of 2011 was me using them because we must use all of it in the year it is granted... and then I just worked from home, as I didn't have enough vacation ideas to use on it. :mellow:

Yeah, I know, first world problems...

You get 45 days of PTO a year!?

Yes... most of 2011 was me using them because we must use all of it in the year it is granted... and then I just worked from home, as I didn't have enough vacation ideas to use on it. :mellow:

Yeah, I know, first world problems...

You could gift them to this awesome chick that you once almost kind of proposed to on the internets. I think her name is Lab. :mellow:

Seriously though, that rocks. I take way too much unpaid time off because I am not willing to give up travel.

we are looking at going to Vegas in March for our 15th anniversary, right after taking a quickie 48-hour weekend trip to Pittsburgh to celebrate my grandmother's 99th birthday (her birthday and our anniversary are on the same day.)

our "beach" trip will be the same as every year...going to stay with my grandmother in NC and driving to the beach...a different one each time (Emerald Isle, Topsail, Atlantic). plus have some family time with her and my aunt and others. My cousin is graduating in June so we may go around that time and be there for her party.

then our mandatory week in Pittsburgh in July for a family picnic. If my boys get into the Steelers Youth Football camp this year (my older son got in last year, and this year my younger one wants to do it too), it will be around the same time, hence the entire week stay. Although, we had talked about taking the kids to Cedar Point this summer and so maybe we will do it between the picnic and camp. If the boys get into the camp, they will each get 2 tix to a Steelers pre-season game, so we will make a quickie jump up to PIT in August for that.

Thats about it. Kids get out of school in June but football starts in August and once football starts, we are kinda grounded since football practices are every weekday in August and we don't like the boys to miss anything. Nor do they like missing anything! (for the Steelers pre-season game, we get to choose which home game to get the tix to and will choose the one that is on a Saturday night so the boys do not miss practice. it all works out!)

Maybe one of these years we will do something "exotic." maybe for our 20th anniversary?? LOL

Nowhere if i can help it...staying home is a vacation for me

My family mentioned something about planning a reunion in London next summer...but I don't know if I'll have enough bail money saved...

Looks like we're going to Disney World in July. :swoon:

Effing Florida, man.

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

I broke out in sweat at the thought

Effing Florida, man.

I can think of worse places to vacation. :mellow: lol

Your girls will love it! ( I mean, what kid doesn't?) What's the problem?

Effing Florida, man.

RIGHT!?

Effing Florida, man.

See above :lol: It's a million degrees, and a thousand percent humidity!

The girls WILL love it - it's for Gabby's Make a Wish trip, so I am 100% not complaining! :lol: I'm positive it will be all magic, all the time. At least we won't have to wait in lines and can hopefully take full advantage of AC where we find it.

Effing Florida, man.

RIGHT!?

Effing Florida, man.

See above :lol: It's a million degrees, and a thousand percent humidity!

The girls WILL love it - it's for Gabby's Make a Wish trip, so I am 100% not complaining! :lol: I'm positive it will be all magic, all the time. At least we won't have to wait in lines and can hopefully take full advantage of AC where we find it.

I hope Gabby and all of you have a great time, and that the humidity behaves that day. I used to live about 15 minutes from there, a long time ago, and went to Disney World so many times that it was no big deal after awhile. I loved the heat of Florida. I already know; I'm weird. :mellow:

Yeah, I'm familiar with Florida in July. I'm not holding my breath for humidity to be kind :rofl:

We had annual passes when we lived there, but they still loved it a ton. When Gab was asked what her wish was, she told the chick it was to be friends with Cinderella in the GIANT castle far away :lol:. Even the 5 yr old knows...

You would laugh at me. :glare: I have a very *cheerful* voice. Me saying "mouse, please" would most definitely make you all spit your drinks out all over your keyboards. And I would never hear the end of it! :cry2:

Please record yourself saying it and email it to me. I need to hear this.

2012 travel plans:

New Orleans (x5ish)

Jackson, MS (x8ish and I KNOW you are all JEALOUS)

Charleston, WV (x3ish)

Indianapolis, IN (x3ish)

Phoenix, AZ (x3ish, at least one of those Da Hubby and The Kidlet will accompany me)

Austin, TX (x2ish)

Oklahoma City, OK (x2ish)

Boise, ID (1x)

Those are all work.

Personal travel is planned as 10 days split between England, Ireland, and Scotland. As many working trips to FL and NY to visit family as I can fit in. A trip to Wash DC is planned, but I'm not sure when, exactly.

Doodah...what part? Any tips for Barcelona?

We went last year. I truly loved Barcelona, and if you like, I'll PM you the place we stayed off Hesperia Ramblas that I liked so much. We mostly went on a cruise, though.

This year's trip is Iceland.

Yes, please...thanks much!

You would laugh at me. :glare: I have a very *cheerful* voice. Me saying "mouse, please" would most definitely make you all spit your drinks out all over your keyboards. And I would never hear the end of it! :cry2:

Please record yourself saying it and email it to me. I need to hear this.

2012 travel plans:

New Orleans (x5ish)

Jackson, MS (x8ish and I KNOW you are all JEALOUS)

Charleston, WV (x3ish)

Indianapolis, IN (x3ish)

Phoenix, AZ (x3ish, at least one of those Da Hubby and The Kidlet will accompany me)

Austin, TX (x2ish)

Oklahoma City, OK (x2ish)

Boise, ID (1x)

Those are all work.

Personal travel is planned as 10 days split between England, Ireland, and Scotland. As many working trips to FL and NY to visit family as I can fit in. A trip to Wash DC is planned, but I'm not sure when, exactly.

I'm most jealous of the Boise. Okay, not really.

New Orleans sounds like fun.

One thing I do miss is being in the banking industry and getting those 45 days per year - PTO....

good times right there :)

One thing I do miss is being in the banking industry and getting those 45 days per year - PTO....

Geez, I get, uh, around 30 (if you include all the holidays) and I feel blessed.