Sign in to follow this  
brazen

2012 Vacations

I was going to mardi Gras... CANCELLED

was going to Disney for kids Spring break... its OVERBOOKED that week...

I wanna do a trip for DH & I alone, later in the year....He suggested Paris or Hawaii... gotta see how the $$$ goes for that... see what CreditChick can find for me...I'll settle on a week in the Caribbean since my cruise is OUT of consideration at this point ( miracles do happen)

I want to go to Branson, MO with the kids this year.... but nothing has been planned.

so other than our normal family gathering(s) in Atlantic City, I have NADA

Cruise to Key West and Cozumel in the spring with a few days before spent in Miami.

Quick extended weekend trip to Vegas or DC in the summer (possibly)

Week long trip to NYC for brother-in-laws graduation present in the fall.

We have Gabby's Make a Wish trip sometime - a week at Disney World. Waiting for dates, but hoping for April.

I'm doing a long weekend in Denver with Squirrel early February.

And another in July in Seattle. I think we're running. :unsure:

We're all doing a week in San Francisco at the end of July with Squirrel (and A?). And I think there's a run or something. :mellow:

Squirrel and I are planning a long-ish weekend in Disney World early November. Might also be a run. :dntknw:

I want to try to do a camping trip to Sequoia or Yosemite in May if weather allows... if not, then September. And maybe Joshua Tree this spring, before it gets too hot... Or Anza Borrego...

So a bunch of little things happening. And apparently I'm turning into Squirrel.

California in two weeks. :dance::dance: While I'm there, I think I'm going to meet these two shady bitches I met on the interweb. :mellow:

Then Cincinnati in July to visit family.

And probably a trip or two to West Virginia to visit my college friends.

I am finally going to Nepal; something I've wanted to do since I was 8.

That sounds RAD. :good:

California in two weeks. :dance::dance: While I'm there, I think I'm going to meet these two shady bitches I met on the interweb. :mellow:

And probably a trip or two to West Virginia to visit my college friends.

TWO WEEKS! Shady bitches abound. :lol:

You should add a trip to central FL. Around Nov. 8-10. I hear some Shady Bitches will also be there. :mellow:

Edited by giraffy

My sympathies. :mellow:

DC, Miami/Bahamas cruise, Barcelona (and maybe spend a day or 2 in Paris), Phoenix

Also planning on NYC and San Fran, but those will be for work...but still, great cities.

Let me know where and I'll crash the place.

There's no way you're doing anything after a half marathon. haha, I'll take the pictures.

:huh:

Why's that? I've done lots of things after a half marathon. I've gone to Epcot. I've gone to the beach. I've hosted a birthday party for a 5yr old. :lol:

7 days/ 6 nights Vegas in March or April for DH and I. Taking the granbaby to Sea World and Schlitterbahn in San Antonio for her 1st birthday in May, probably stay about a week. Atlantis in June or July for 7-8 days again just DH and I. And we take several camping trips a year, we bought a new 2012 45' RV this past summer so we usually go for 4-5 days once a month.

A week in the TN Mountains in June. Another week (maybe) in the NC mountains camping. Maybe an odd long weekend or so at Myrtle Beach (/shudder) Mostly because besides food/gas they'll be free trips. One brother will be having his "official" wedding ceremony on a cruise or something. It's like he doesn't care I don't like open water. (:lol:) I could probably scrape up the cash... but I kind don't want to. :( He already eloped anyways... :dntknw:

DD wants to go to NYC and Europe; DS wants to go to Seaworld to pet the Dolphins and Penguins; DH wants to do the Grand Canyon and westwards (California). All bucketlist stuff that is gonna have to wait til after I graduate next spring, get a job and The Compound is secure. :mellow:

Bangkok or Paris. Can't decide.

Bangkok. Done.

I love Bangkok. But I also love Paris. :lol:

Paris is a dirty city

Bangkok. Done. Done.

Bangkok. Done.

Paris is a dirty city

Bangkok. Done. Done.

Dirty, but strikingly beautiful. Are you dissing Paris, because you're a Brit? :mellow:

KIDDING!!! I have French and English friends here, and they're constantly dissing the other's country. :lol:

Me senses some sort of rivalry.

Bangkok. Done.

Paris is a dirty city

Bangkok. Done. Done.

Dirty, but strikingly beautiful. Are you dissing Paris, because you're a Brit? :mellow:

KIDDING!!! I have French and English friends here, and they're constantly dissing the other's country. :lol:

I know nothing of which you speak :mellow::angel:

Bangkok. Done.

Paris is a dirty city

Bangkok. Done. Done.

I know nothing of which you speak :mellow::angel:

That answers my question. :lol:

I can read between the lines.

No vacations for the next 3 years; none. We're on a budget to pay this house in 3 more years by throwing every penny we have to the principal, and there is nothing that is going to thwart that.

My one sister said but the kids have to live during that time, it's not fair to not take them somewhere. I felt like saying mouse, please! lol But I don't. :rolleyes: I told her the kids can go a few years without a vacation. We live on a small lake for chrisesake, if they want to go boating/skiing, tubing, they can do it all summer long like everyone else around here. My sister is extremely wealthy, and goes out to eat twice a day and weekends away every week, vacations every year to Hawaii etc. Seriously, I swear she spends more $$ on her dog and her nails, (my sister's nails, not the dogs lol)than we do on our mortgage,but that's not our life, nor our financial abilities.

After that we plan on going to Disney World/Sea World with the kids. We'll stay with my mom in central florida.

:rofl: :rofl:

I went into a bakery there, and spoke my order in French..she rolled her eyes and muttered something..and then served the person behind me...I find them rude and inhospitable...at least we are nice, and wait till you leave before we talk about you :lol: