Sign in to follow this  
RGB

USAA CCMP

Do you have to be a member of USAA to get CCMP? I called and asked, but the lady had no idea. *smacks head*

If you do have to be a member of USAA to get it, is there another credit monitoring agency comparable to CCMP?

I have been with them for a long time, and a friend wants to join but isn't a member, or isn't eligible.

Do you have to be a member of USAA to get CCMP? I called and asked, but the lady had no idea. *smacks head*

If you do have to be a member of USAA to get it, is there another credit monitoring agency comparable to CCMP?

I have been with them for a long time, and a friend wants to join but isn't a member, or isn't eligible.

You have to be a member.

Anybody qualifies for limited membership. They just need to sign up.

You have to be a member.

+1 You do not have to have a military affiliation to join USAA for their banking products.

You have to be a member.

+1 You do not have to have a military affiliation to join USAA for their banking products.

+2

im not in the military. i joined usaa, put 25 dollars in my account, and let it sit there. in the meantime, i obtained their credit monitering, and i like the service.

the alerts are pretty good: new inquiries, fako score increase, new accounts, etc. there were months when i wasnt pulling my report, but the alert goes off and tells me "new inquiry" i check it and realize it was for the credit card i applied for, etc.

im sure other monitering services offer that too....just saying

Edited by bluesmap

I'm not impressed with USAA CCMP

It's 66 points off on my actual TU Fico, and 36 points off on my EQ Fico.

Also, there has been zero activity in the two months that I've had it. Not even a single point change?

Thinking of canceling.

JWBurns - this may be a silly question, but have you refreshed? I had USAA CCMP for months and had the same problem, and then one day I called and complained, and they said my score had changed several times but I didn't refresh the report, so I never saw it. Make sure you do that - it's on the left hand side of the page. It's free.

Thanks, everyone. I didn't know for certain if it was available to members only, or to everyone. The absolute best monitoring out there, and yes it does have discrepancies between the FAKO and the FICO, but all monitoring and "score" companies have a discrepancy.

I love the ability to update every day. I know that it's not a true FICO score, but at least I know if there's a problem, and where to fix it.

JWBurns - this may be a silly question, but have you refreshed? I had USAA CCMP for months and had the same problem, and then one day I called and complained, and they said my score had changed several times but I didn't refresh the report, so I never saw it. Make sure you do that - it's on the left hand side of the page. It's free.

Thanks, everyone. I didn't know for certain if it was available to members only, or to everyone. The absolute best monitoring out there, and yes it does have discrepancies between the FAKO and the FICO, but all monitoring and "score" companies have a discrepancy.

I love the ability to update every day. I know that it's not a true FICO score, but at least I know if there's a problem, and where to fix it.

My USAA FAKOs ave barely changed in the years I've had the service. Yet the report does update with all other utilization and account activity. FAKOs are just that...

RGB that was it, I just refreshed and it updated. Scores are still off, but it's good to see some activity.

How often can I refresh?

Thanks RGB for the tip!

RGB that was it, I just refreshed and it updated. Scores are still off, but it's good to see some activity.

How often can I refresh?

Thanks RGB for the tip!

Every day.

Well done, Mr. Burns! And yeah, I refresh every morning. FAKO or not, if there's a change in my scores, I want to know, and I want to know why.

How often can I refresh?

Thanks RGB for the tip!

Ignore the CCMP FAKO scores. They're for entertainment only, and really not that entertaining.

As far as not being impressed, to be able to find a true daily puller for such a low price is quite impressive actually! :clapping:

Edited by Anubis

I took some time off for traveling and such, but lately I have been on such a renewed vigor I have been staying up until midnight and refreshing. :blush2:

I took some time off for traveling and such, but lately I have been on such a renewed vigor I have been staying up until midnight and refreshing. :blush2:

I actually had to re-program my brain to wait until morning since I found that a lot of times the batch updates on most tradelines seemed to occur overnight in the area of 3a-5a eastern time. Waiting until my first cup of coffee makes me "feel" as if I always have the most current info going into that day.