Jerked around, then denied by Nasa

ExCM

The last post in this topic was posted 3634 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Total fiasco with Nasa. Applied about three weeks ago. No word for a week. Then I called and was told they needed paystubs. Sent them over. Told that I was approved for $7000

but they needed a notarized copy of my driver licence (cost me $10). No problem, mailed it in. Then today I see a denial notice in my mailbox.

"unable to verify employment" Um, so they think my paystubs are fake or something?

"unable to verify income" Again, so are my paystubs fake or something?

"too many inquiries" That I can agree with, but why was I told it was approved then?

"ratios too high" When they pulled my file there was zero utilization. What the???

"too many recent accounts" Obviously they are sharing info with First Tech. This is probably the only real reason for denial.

Wow, is there anyone else they did this to? Frustrating to say the least.

Total fiasco with Nasa. Applied about three weeks ago. No word for a week. Then I called and was told they needed paystubs. Sent them over. Told that I was approved for $7000

but they needed a notarized copy of my driver licence (cost me $10). No problem, mailed it in. Then today I see a denial notice in my mailbox.

"unable to verify employment" Um, so they think my paystubs are fake or something?

"unable to verify income" Again, so are my paystubs fake or something?

"too many inquiries" That I can agree with, but why was I told it was approved then?

"ratios too high" When they pulled my file there was zero utilization. What the???

"too many recent accounts" Obviously they are sharing info with First Tech. This is probably the only real reason for denial.

Wow, is there anyone else they did this to? Frustrating to say the least.

You do seem to have a number of new accounts lately. It seems every other thread your posting about applying for or receiving new credit. I don't know what your income is like but most lenders do consider the amount of outstanding credit lines in proportion to your income. Be careful and take it easy. You may start seeing some adverse action on your current accounts.

they can be more clunky to deal with , even just for membership, than other major CU and imagine they don't take kindly to a flurry of new accounts--likely to be among the primary reasons for the snatchback.

My guess is they pulled a soft during the final stages and didn't like the debt showing on one of my cards. Also they may have seen one or two new accounts

that were not showing on the hard pull. I can't confirm yet since I cancelled my Experian monitoring but a am pretty sure that's what happened. Its like

they are citing information that was not available to them on the original hard pull.

I will keep my savings open for now. I think they will change their tune later down the road when they see I can handle my lines and pay my bills on time.

I thought 16 years of perfect payments would be enough though.

Edited by ExCM

Sounds like you have a relatively good handle on what transpired, I tend to agree.

Play it cool and continue to use what you have wisely.

No reason to close the NASA share account at this point IMO... DCU snatched back a credit card on me a couple of years ago and haven't regretted keeping my deposit accounts--which resulted in a FREE EQ score monthly.

It was their loss in retrospect since I have great relations and product with 5 digit CLs at Alliant, Pen Fed, AFCU, etc.

DCU called me a while ago when my EQ score went up into the 780s to try to entice me to get some product but they lost their chance with the poorly conceived snatchback--didn't want to be bothered after that and certainly didn't need anything from them but the FREE EQ.

They have some good product no doubt but had become superfluous and rather trifling post-snatchback: First they offerered 7.5k, then 5k, then 2k and then nothing IIRC, it was handled poorly, the whole suefactor phenom and that; I guess wore me down a bit. still recommend them to others, since they are quite good for most who join, if am not mistaken.

It's great that you got in with NASA and it may still come in handy going forward IMO. I gave up with them too, didn't have the patience or need them for anything besides the cool factor, app process was too clunky for me. And at the time they routinely pulled all three for product, no thanks!

What appealed to you about First tech? Addison was good but First tech credit products had some loopy terms/fees not sure how it all turned out after the Addison merger...in any case you have some really strong new accounts, Sweet!

Sounds like you're trying to be Bob Wang, but are just shotgunning all these CU's and credit apps and then taking rejections personally. My suggestion would be to lie low for a while.

+ 1. He will get adversed actioned on his other accounts if he keeps if up. I'm surprised Ped Fed even approved him.

Sounds like you're trying to be Bob Wang, but are just shotgunning all these CU's and credit apps and then taking rejections personally. My suggestion would be to lie low for a while.

I am not taking it personal, but I don't appreciate being lied to. I guess I am funny that way. My main purpose in detailing my experiences is for those

who may be considering an application and don't want to go through the hassles I experienced. If was denied right off the bat it would be a different story.

+ 1. He will get adversed actioned on his other accounts if he keeps if up. I'm surprised Ped Fed even approved him.

Pen Fed uses a more common sense and fair approach to their underwriting so it should not be surprising really.

Sounds like you have a relatively good handle on what transpired, I tend to agree.

Play it cool and continue to use what you have wisely.

No reason to close the NASA share account at this point IMO... DCU snatched back a credit card on me a couple of years ago and haven't regretted keeping my deposit accounts--which resulted in a FREE EQ score monthly.

It was their loss in retrospect since I have great relations and product with 5 digit CLs at Alliant, Pen Fed, AFCU, etc.

DCU called me a while ago when my EQ score went up into the 780s to try to entice me to get some product but they lost their chance with the poorly conceived snatchback--didn't want to be bothered after that and certainly didn't need anything from them but the FREE EQ.

They have some good product no doubt but had become superfluous and rather trifling post-snatchback: First they offerered 7.5k, then 5k, then 2k and then nothing IIRC, it was handled poorly, the whole suefactor phenom and that; I guess wore me down a bit. still recommend them to others, since they are quite good for most who join, if am not mistaken.

It's great that you got in with NASA and it may still come in handy going forward IMO. I gave up with them too, didn't have the patience or need them for anything besides the cool factor, app process was too clunky for me. And at the time they routinely pulled all three for product, no thanks!

What appealed to you about First tech? Addison was good but First tech credit products had some loopy terms/fees not sure how it all turned out after the Addison merger...in any case you have some really strong new accounts, Sweet!

Thanks for the advice VT. I know what you mean about DCU. They shot me down for a card too but I was just getting back online after no credit for years. I have a savings there too so I will just

wait and give them a shot later.

I heard good things about Addison but I was unaware they were bought by First Tech. I thought maybe they just changed their name. More importantly I was unaware that

Nasa is part of the same company or at least share the same card processor. That complicates things as you can imagine.

I am just going to lay low and focus on my Navy membership battle. Still waiting to hear back from the security dept.

The last post in this topic was posted 3634 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.