Sign in to follow this  
Art_Vandelay

Partners Credit Card Limit Increase- HARD PULL

Well I've been with partners now for 11 months and have been flawless with my account and paying on time and thought, "Let's get a CLI" since it's been way pass 6 months. I have a limit of $15 K with them and called in. They asked me how much do I want and why do I need it and I said $20K would be a nice amount for the monent and I would like it increased as I "MIGHT" do a transfer in the future and then the CSR said, "OK, let's get you started on your application" and I said, "WHOA there, is this a hard pull or a soft pull" and she said "Anytime you ask for an increase or any credit products them they have to do a hard inquiry.

I said I didn't want a Hard as I was trying tokeep my INQ's down and she said "OH they won't hurt you at all, very little" I said well i might be applying for a RE-FI on my home loan so I sdon't want another one on there". Actually I'm tryng to bump now so didn't want to fool with another HARD.

Just touggt everyone witth PARTNERS ought to know this if it isn't common knowledge yet.

There is always a HARD pull for any increase credit limit aand for anything dealing with CREEIT.....SORRY!!

Although with NAVY its hit and miss when using the online link, especially if you are pre-qualified for a CLI. I'm too nervous to try that, cant afford a hard.

Just about all CU pull hard for CLI requests.

Although with NAVY its hit and miss when using the online link, especially if you are pre-qualified for a CLI. I'm too nervous to try that, cant afford a hard.

Just about all CU pull hard for CLI requests.

Yep, a notable exception, like Pen Fed.

Edited by virtualtreasure

I guess it really is YMMV with NAVY because they didn't pull a Hard when I asked for a CLI. thankfully they approved it. But I would have been happy even if they had pulled a HARD. (as long as it wan's with EX) LOL.

BUt Partners was a different story as I dodn't want anymore Hards on either of the 3 CRA at this moment.

I didn't know it was normal for CU's to pull a HARD on CLIs. That sucks. What do they usually do if you have EX frozen and they try to pull that? Do they just go with another CRA or ask you to unfreeze or WORSE, just DENY you?

I guess it really is YMMV with NAVY because they didn't pull a Hard when I asked for a CLI. thankfully they approved it. But I would have been happy even if they had pulled a HARD. (as long as it wan's with EX) LOL.

BUt Partners was a different story as I dodn't want anymore Hards on either of the 3 CRA at this moment.

I didn't know it was normal for CU's to pull a HARD on CLIs. That sucks. What do they usually do if you have EX frozen and they try to pull that? Do they just go with another CRA or ask you to unfreeze or WORSE, just DENY you?

If you have an open account with them, they can pull regardless of a freeze.