Sign in to follow this  
TexasinATL

Barclays, I heart you so much

I opened my Carnival FunPoints card from Barclays in October 2009. At the time, I was declined and actually had to call in for a manual review (this was at the very beginning of my credit journey). As you can see from my signature below, I called them every 4 months or so for a CLI. Now they have the lovely LOVE button for CLIs. I hit it last week or so, and got the "You should get an answer in the mail in 7-10 days). I forgot all about it, thinking I was declined for my request to move from $5K-8K (to match my other higher limit card, Citi).

I logged in today to look at my bill....and it was showing an $8K credit limit.

This card has been SO good to me. I heart you Barclays!

I am still waiting for mine!! Got instant approval for a $6300 limit when I applied online about 10 days ago, but still no card yet... does it usually take this long for the card to arrive? I can sign into the account online and see the limit and everything but still no card!

Congrats, OP! :) I know I should search threads... but I'm feeling particularly lazy this morning... So I'm going to ask here... Do they hard-pull for using the CLI button?

I opened my Carnival FunPoints card from Barclays in October 2009. At the time, I was declined and actually had to call in for a manual review (this was at the very beginning of my credit journey). As you can see from my signature below, I called them every 4 months or so for a CLI. Now they have the lovely LOVE button for CLIs. I hit it last week or so, and got the "You should get an answer in the mail in 7-10 days). I forgot all about it, thinking I was declined for my request to move from $5K-8K (to match my other higher limit card, Citi).

I logged in today to look at my bill....and it was showing an $8K credit limit.

This card has been SO good to me. I heart you Barclays!

Do you remember what your score was when you first got them? Was it a true score? Now I get letters in the mail out lining the score and rating and everything..

I am still waiting for mine!! Got instant approval for a $6300 limit when I applied online about 10 days ago, but still no card yet... does it usually take this long for the card to arrive? I can sign into the account online and see the limit and everything but still no card!

Miz I applied for a Capitol One card on November 29th didnt get approved until the 12th still waiting on my card :-(

Miz I applied for a Capitol One card on November 29th didnt get approved until the 12th still waiting on my card :-(

hahaha I'm paranoid bc I did a little app spree, got approved for discover then app'd for the barclay's a day or two later and got instantly approved, then app'd for amex a day later and got approved the next day, got the discover card really quick and have been using it for over a week, no barclay's or amex yet though... both still show as approved and everything but I'm a tiny bit worried.

hahaha I'm paranoid bc I did a little app spree, got approved for discover then app'd for the barclay's a day or two later and got instantly approved, then app'd for amex a day later and got approved the next day, got the discover card really quick and have been using it for over a week, no barclay's or amex yet though... both still show as approved and everything but I'm a tiny bit worried.

Yes I am as well! Things with the mail are not always reliable..

The worst part is I am fighting the urge to apply for the statefarm credit card now that I found out they seem to be pretty generous and they pull TU!!! arrrgggghhhhh

The worst part is I am fighting the urge to apply for the statefarm credit card now that I found out they seem to be pretty generous and they pull TU!!! arrrgggghhhhh

LOL let me PM you we are hijacking the tread..

Score when I first applied - probably very low 600s. like I said, I had to call and beg for it after I received a decline letter. They started me with a $500 credit limit and now I have an $8K one just 2 years later. **HAPPYDANCE**

I use it pretty regularly and only carried a balance for a few months. I think Barclays likes it when you pay in full.

Yes it takes a while to get that card in the mail. I had to wait 10 business days if I remember correctly and that was with me being one state near the mailing.

Barclays has been pretty good to me as well. A CLI every 4 months or so. I'm just about one year with the card. Only negative is they pull a hard on TU.

I have noticed that the Love button has become a love banner across my account home page. Is everyone seeing that?

I got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys saying the CLI button causes a hard? that sucks but oh well, at least it can be bumped =P

Are you guys saying the CLI button causes a hard? that sucks but oh well, at least it can be bumped =P

Yes it's a hard.

Yes it's a hard.

+1 but they'll review your account every 6 months or so (soft) for a CLI as long as you use it regularly.