Sign in to follow this  
ConcordUser

Do you support current Amex FR Policy ?

139 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support current Amex FR Policy ?

I voted yes...to an extent. I don' think there is any problem asking for tax returns to verify income. I think there IS a problem when they ask for the tax returns of anyone else not wholly related to the account. If my partner is not responsible for the debt then their income should not be a factor...if I did not claim it as available income for debt repayment then it is none of their business.

United Dairy Farmers and Speedway are the two I buy gas without prepaying.

UDF is regional and Speedway is national. Not all the stations allow me to, but the ones I routinely stop at do. That's why I go to them.

United Dairy Farmers and Speedway are the two I buy gas without prepaying.

UDF is regional and Speedway is national. Not all the stations allow me to, but the ones I routinely stop at do. That's why I go to them.

I asked at the local chain I frequent and the manager said none of their locations allow pump before paying. guess I'll have to shop around more.

Also, along these lines unless I'm about to run out of gas I refuse to pay for gas before I pump. This includes pay at the pump.

Hey, I applaud your stance. I gave up such principles loooooooooooong ago, probably when fuel turned north of $2.00/gallon :wave: . I buy gas at the cheapest station in a 10 mile radius from my house.

Edited by LustfortheMoment

Wow, everywhere here (Rochester, MN) and most everywhere in MSP will just turn the pump on at the pumps visible from inside the store. The ones that aren't are prepay or pay at the pump only.

Being that I live in a state where it's 100% full service and I'm so used to just handing my card over to the attendant and waiting for him to give back my receipt, I have no clue what you guys are talking about really. The few times that I drove out of state or in a rental car while on vacation it confuses me that some places make you go inside and 'guess' how much gas you'll need. One place in LA the guy asked me 'how mich gas do you think you'll need today?' and told me that the pump would shut off when it hit that exact capacity.

Now that I think about it, I don't think that I've ever seen a female gas station attendant. Conspiracy?

If, for real or imagined reasons, a retailer believes a customer has shoplifted, for eg.

they may request receipts and detain them upon refusal to do so...additionally 'shoplifters' are routinely arrested and prosecuted

so-if the customer is unable or unwilling to confirm payment for the merchandise on their person and the retailer doesn't take kindly

the situation could escalate quite rapidly.

Refusing to produce a receipt for purchased merchandise is not enough to detain someone. You must be observed taking something and then attempting to leave the store without paying in order for them to have any legal ability to stop you. If you stop for any other reason than you are actually stealing something, then you are doing it willingly.

Guess who decides (in real time) if a customer was 'observed' taking something and then attempted to leave the store?

I have no words.......

Thank you for having an opinion and being honest.

Ok since I guess noone else is going to address this...

What do you think happens if a LP guy accuses someone of shoplifting in order to detain them and they don't in fact have anything on them?

What do you think happens if a LP guy accuses someone of shoplifting in order to detain them and they don't in fact have anything on them?

they will be contacted by my attorney...

1. I would have the LP guy arrested for unlawful restraint.

2. Upon conviction (not required, but it will help the civil case), a civil suit would be filed.

3. I might settle for (holds pinky to lip) a million dollars.

4. Sip tropical beverage in said setting.

5. Rinse, repeat as needed.

2. Upon conviction (not required, but it will help the civil case), a civil suit would be filed.

WORD UP!!!!

WORD UP!!!!

Sounds like good times :good:

Amex's unreasonable and unfounded FRs are just one of the main reasons I took my business elsewhere, thier fianncial products did not offer the value to offset all the reasons to step away from the company.

1. no preset spending limit causes reporting issues

2. no preset spending limit at dinner with your boss or a great date can lead to something very bad and embarassing

3. crappy limits

4. FRs because you shop where thier reports say other Amex customers defaulted... thus, you get into trouble (i.e. walmart)

5. you buy alchol, or pay for gaming with your card... you get in trouble

6. they make many people pre-pay their credit purchases (WTF?)

7. it takes months to get points you earned today

8. if you calculate the rewards, you are getting 1.7-2.0% back in rewards! thats nothing and a joke for the AFs they charge.

9. Not alot of places take Amex

and the list keeps going and going and going... Amex is a joke, there are many tier one and tier one plus banks that will treat you soooo much better.

unless you need back dating... then pump and chump by all means, get on the ship, report and jump like johnny dep off the plank while it hangs out and has a margarita on the reports

i will never have an account with Amex again, I would take crapital one... THATS how much i dislike Amex.

Amex = deceptive trade practices. dont believe me, wait until you get your first FR because you bought something somewhere that pisses them off.

The question should be, "What is Amex's FR policy."

The question should be, "What is Amex's FR policy."

We will never know In fact, AMEX might not even know their own policy. Its probably mostly computer analytics and trying to profile consumer behavior and then making market based decisioning.

Plus, this is IP and will not be made available to the general public.

I think it is the businesses that should strike back at AMEX for FR'ing people just because they shop in their store. At the very least, remove AMEX as a card to use in the store.

Edited by Jon77

5. you buy alchol, or pay for gaming with your card... you get in trouble

I made multiple large purchases at Total Wine and other liqueur stores last year and amex did nothing to me.

1. no preset spending limit causes reporting issues

3. crappy limits

and the list keeps going and going and going... Amex is a joke, there are many tier one and tier one plus banks that will treat you soooo much better.

1) my utilization has not been adversely affected by any charge accounts

3) 30K on BCP is above my median limit.

hedge, your credit profile is non-standard thus resulting in banking systems that will see your accounts differently. most of these negative affects are on the 'average credit profile customer range'

example:

hedge: can you waive my AF?

bank: checking with our computers..... sure'

joe smo: can you waive my AF?

bank: hell no, you dont seem to understand you are a piece of s*** upon this earth. you're lucky we didnt charge you for making your credit card plastic ya hobo, now go before we charge you for these minutes on our phone system

For me its not a Yes or No answer.

I think Amex's F/R stories are over exaggerated as I think the number of people that are F/R are much fewer then we think. I also think a lending institution have a right to review their lending customers to minimize any potential loss. All that being said, I think that Amex needs to revise their F/R practices. I think there are much more efficient and painless ways to monitor/assess a cardmembers credit worthiness.

I do support it -- I think people have been conditioned to think that credit grantors owe them something. Even though these cards are unsecured, AMEX has all the right in the world to request whatever they want to support your income/assets.

If you don't like it, don't do business with them. Vote with your wallet.

I do support it -- I think people have been conditioned to think that credit grantors owe them something. Even though these cards are unsecured, AMEX has all the right in the world to request whatever they want to support your income/assets.

If you don't like it, don't do business with them. Vote with your wallet.

Well said!

Oh, and don't exaggerate (lie) on the app about your assets, and get angry and Amex when they deny or slash your CL