Sign in to follow this  
ConcordUser

Do you support current Amex FR Policy ?

138 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support current Amex FR Policy ?

I frequently carry a fully loaded Glock 22 into Costco in my purse. If they wish to check that I didn't take an extra box of corn flakes, I can care less. If they insisted upon my going through a metal detector as I entered, I'd simply cancel my membership and shop elsewhere. In either event, they have the right to set forth policies for their patrons, and we in turn have the right to accept or reject them..........

I frequently carry a fully loaded Glock 22 into Costco in my purse. If they wish to check that I didn't take an extra box of corn flakes, I can care less. If they insisted upon my going through a metal detector as I entered, I'd simply cancel my membership and shop elsewhere. In either event, they have the right to set forth policies for their patrons, and we in turn have the right to accept or reject them..........

http://www.lvrj.com/news/man-killed-by-police-in-costco-shooting-remembered-at-memorial-98695649.html

a canceled membership seems the way to go.

Oops, Nevada, one of those fly-over states. :P

In order to go to CA have to by NV. :P

Absolutely. AMEX isn't a non-profit organization serving humanity. It's a capitalistic enterprise which is accountable to its stockholders. AMEX should RIGHTFULLY manage its risk each and every day. If folks don't like the intrusion of a FR, they certainly can vote with their feet and cancel their card(s). JMHO........

Happy Holidays..........

100% agree.

I would deny the request because I believe they have enough information from my app and my regular soft pulls. However, it IS their right to conduct business however they want. So, I'll just take my business somewhere else.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/man-killed-by-police-in-costco-shooting-remembered-at-memorial-98695649.html

a canceled membership seems the way to go.

There's no way any police officer would have singled him out if he followed the FIRST principle of a CCL. So this event shouldn't have even started. It is against the law for you to carry the weapon and it be obvious that you have it. Not even a "bulge" is allowed. They should have taught him how to conceal properly, or he wasn't paying attention in class.

And don't get me started on the rules they teach you about relinquishing the gun to an officer.

Edited by Jon77

Nevada is an open carry state.

Hmm, didn't know that! In that case, concealing it without a license, is against the law still. Hope you have a license to keep it in your purse Lustforthemoment. Otherwise, just put it in a holster on your hip. ;)

The man still had a CCL and shouldn't have let it be known that he had it visually to the officers, unless they asked him randomly.

Edited by Jon77

lunacy :huh:

tragedy could have been avoided.

Glad MN is open carry as well. Majority of Officers in metro area are familiar with laws

Edited by TrevorHere

Don't care. If they are going to take the positions of near strip searches and no adherence common to sense when applying screening standards then they are going to look me in the eye and put hands on me. Hopefully by putting a human face and real person in front of them it at least proves my point that there are better ways to screen people (i.e. a verified traveler type of program being piloted currently). Just because I want to board a plane I shouldn't be considered a terrorist, or treated like one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for security. My wife works for an airline and as stated above I'm ex-law enforcement, and currently work in a crime lab. Taking bad guys off the street and protecting our citizen's is very important to me. It just has to be balanced within the rights afforded us by the Constitution.

so do you also avoid walmart, sams club, and most major electronics retailers?

No, but I do advise the clerk that checks my receipt that I don't support the policy or in some cases they may keep the receipt and keep walking, or in some cases they can check the garbage can I just threw it in.

I honestly try to temper my personal views on the matter when speaking with the employee asking because most of the time it's either and elderly person or a person that is not high functioning mentally, either way I go out of my way to show the proper level of respect.

Edited by dnm45227

A couple of months ago I bought up all the cases of the .223 I use at my gun shop, 11 cases.

Also got 10 cases of 9mm.

Got home and realized that I was charged for 11 cases of each.

Costco would have caught the discrepancy as I was walking out.

Went back to the gun shop, and fortunately, they believed me.

They just let me pick up another case of 9mm.

Also, along these lines unless I'm about to run out of gas I refuse to pay for gas before I pump. This includes pay at the pump.

I am the customer and should be appreciated. Asking me to provide them access to my credit card or cash in excess of my purchase is not justified IMHO.

Let's think about it for a second. They won't trust me with 75.00 worth of fuel but I'm supposed to give them access to a credit card with thousands of dollars on it?

I view this as not being any different than going to a fine restaurant and being expected to pay for a meal in advance.

Like my self requested moniker indicates I guess I'm just a wing nut about certain things.

I'm (happily) blacklisted by AMEX so it doesn't impact me personally, but in the big picture I think a creditor/lender has a right to verify income in whatever legal way they see fit as long as the customer has the right to tell them to bleep off and close their account as they see fit.

Also, along these lines unless I'm about to run out of gas I refuse to pay for gas before I pump. This includes pay at the pump.

I am the customer and should be appreciated. Asking me to provide them access to my credit card or cash in excess of my purchase is not justified IMHO.

Let's think about it for a second. They won't trust me with 75.00 worth of fuel but I'm supposed to give them access to a credit card with thousands of dollars on it?

I view this as not being any different than going to a fine restaurant and being expected to pay for a meal in advance.

Like my self requested moniker indicates I guess I'm just a wing nut about certain things.

I have the same views on tipping or "to ensure prompness" in a society where the tip is rarely deserved anymore. And the "required 18% gratuity for 8 persons or more" really pisses me off. How are you going to assume that your staff automatically deserves that kind of a tip?

I do not like amex FR. I would close my amex accounts if they asked for those documents.

re receipts: After you purchase something it belongs to you, the store can make no policy that says you may not leave the premise until they check your receipt. If you know you did not steal anything, there is no reason to stop.....

When they add the tip (I have an immediate family of 7 including myself), they don't get a cent more. Sad too, because I can be rather generous when tipping.

Absolutely. AMEX isn't a non-profit organization serving humanity. It's a capitalistic enterprise which is accountable to its stockholders. AMEX should RIGHTFULLY manage its risk each and every day. If folks don't like the intrusion of a FR, they certainly can vote with their feet and cancel their card(s). JMHO........

Happy Holidays..........

ITA. Hell just froze over. :D