Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Question about WhyChat Special Letter to CRA

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

In response to a notice received from a CA attempting to collect on an old CO credit card account past legal collections SOL, and after deleting all old addresses and opting out, the WhyChat Special Letter to the CRAs was sent exactly as outlined by WhyChat disputing the account.

TU quickly deleted, no response yet from EQ and EX sent the following response which makes no sense.

The EX letter reads, "If you question the results of our dispute process, then you may want to contact the furnisher of information directly or review the original information in the public record. Please refer to your original personal credit report for the furnisher or public records office name, address, and phone number (if available)."

The problem is no results of the dispute process are included in this letter and nothing else has been received from EX so how can the results of the dispute process be questioned?

What are the next steps now with EX? How should I proceed?

My apologies -- this belongs in the General Credit Forum and I will request the Mods to move it.

Edited by ScoreUp789

sounds like EX verified the tradeline assuming it is still reporting the same as prior to the dispute.

BTW, opting does nothing to help with disputes. all it does is delay 50% of credit repair.

In response to a notice received from a CA attempting to collect on an old CO credit card account past legal collections SOL, and after deleting all old addresses and opting out, the WhyChat Special Letter to the CRAs was sent exactly as outlined by WhyChat disputing the account.

TU quickly deleted, no response yet from EQ and EX sent the following response which makes no sense.

The EX letter reads, "If you question the results of our dispute process, then you may want to contact the furnisher of information directly or review the original information in the public record. Please refer to your original personal credit report for the furnisher or public records office name, address, and phone number (if available)."

The problem is no results of the dispute process are included in this letter and nothing else has been received from EX so how can the results of the dispute process be questioned?

What are the next steps now with EX? How should I proceed?

My apologies -- this belongs in the General Credit Forum and I will request the Mods to move it.

If you are following the SOL letter program and disputed with this:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/initdispltrsol.html

And IF the accounts are beyond the legal SOL for your State, the next step is to send each CA the special DV letter.

http://www.whychat.5u.com/nottoca.html

and then send Ex and Eq the follow up dispute letter:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/nottoca.html#FOLLOW

PS Hegenomy and I have disagreed on many things through the years, however, I have never directly criticized any of his "methods" . Opting out may not directly help in disputes, however it DOES help prevent any data changes from being SOLD to data miners, and therefore helps prevent OTHER CAs from "dinging" your reports.

PS Hegenomy and I have disagreed on many things through the years, however, I have never directly criticized any of his "methods" . Opting out may not directly help in disputes, however it DOES help prevent any data changes from being SOLD to data miners, and therefore helps prevent OTHER CAs from "dinging" your reports.

:wave: I have the utmost of respect for Why Chat's methods and understand the reasons Why Chat advocates opting out. I might disagree with opting out as a blanket step for people to take, but I have no issues with Why Chat's methods. I was just voicing my pigheaded view on opting out :)

The above letter received from EX still makes no sense to me but it doesn't matter because on Friday, I received another letter from EX with the results of the dispute. The account has been DELETED. :D Just waiting now to see what TU does.

WhyChat's methods have yielded great success for me!!!!! The key is following them to the letter!!

I am 3 for 3! WhyChat's Special Letter to the CRAs worked perfectly for me on an old BOA CO. TU and EX deleted within two weeks of filing the dispute. EQ took their sweet 'ole time -- the full 30 days, but received the notification today that they deleted as well!! :yahoo:

So I was reading through a bunch of WhyChat's stuff today...

What is the thought behind sending the first letter to the CA *without* a RR?

How long do you wait to send the followup?

So I was reading through a bunch of WhyChat's stuff today...

What is the thought behind sending the first letter to the CA *without* a RR?

How long do you wait to send the followup?

My understanding is (and hopefully WHYCHAT will weigh in and correct me if I'm wrong) that the reason the letter is sent certified only -- NOT RR -- is to make sure the CRA's treat it as a CONSUMER dispute under the FACTA rules; otherwise, they are permitted to have RR disputes handled by the same department which handle legal or CRO disputes.

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.