Experian deemed dispute frivolous

nickelnm

The last post in this topic was posted 4060 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Here is the deal. Experian is being a royal pain and really just kinda doing whatever they want. Quickie timeline

August 2011 pull credit report (remove all addresses and so on)

September 15 2011 send a dispute (these four accounts listed these random dates where they had been verified and yet I had not sent them anything when they had the accounts dated as last verified) Sent CMRRR

October 3, 2011 received a request for 'identification'. Claimed they couldn't do the dispute cause they didn't know who I was.

October 26th, 2011 - responded with full name, address, ssn and a copy or original dispute - asked the originally disputed items be deleted as they were not investigated within 30 days. Did not send copies of IDs

November 10, 2011 - Received response. CRA claims to have updated the accounts I disputed. Yet after comparing the two reports (August 2011 & November 2011) there were ZERO changes. Nothing has been changed. In this letter I also requested the name, address, and telephone number of the credit grantor or other subscriber and proof that I owe the debt (yeah I know a little overboard for a CRA).

December 9, 2011 - response received. Nothing was investigated. No new report. They do however, state "Unless you send us relevant information to support your claim, we will not investigate this information again and you will not receive this notice again regarding this particular dispute.

Somewhere in the middle of these letters going back and forth one account did magically disappear. I say magically because it was never addressed in any of the CRA letters, but it is no longer reporting on the report I have.

I think its time for a procedural request cause they are not playing by the rules. One of the accounts in question I have sent a letter direct to the person who is supposedly furnishing the information requesting proof of the debt and guess what. They ignored the letter, but somehow magically the CRA was able to verify. WTH?

So, would appreciate and procedural letter suggestions and/or a contact at Experian to rattle their cage.

Good Luck!

I had to get a lawyer because EX refused ,thats what they said,refused to re-investigate.

They were then really shady dating that letter for the same day my dispute was dated and then postmarking it for only two days later even though it took forever to get the green card back!

My was same deal...a CA refusing to DV yet the account keeps "verifying".

You may need to go the legal route.

They do however, state "Unless you send us relevant information to support your claim, we will not investigate this information again and you will not receive this notice again regarding this particular dispute.

Not to be crass, but do you have any relevant information to support your claim, or are you trying to get them to remove an item that is valid?

The last post in this topic was posted 4060 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.