I cant prove income. What can i do?

The last post in this topic was posted 3635 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just applied for cap 1 blank check and was approved. The next page asked me for 2 references, no problem. Copy of a DL, ok no problem. But they also want proof of income which I cant provide. I get paid with a company check. I dont get pay stubs. What else can I do?

So you're treated as an independent contractor (self employed as far as most lenders are concerned)?

Did you indicate otherwise on the application?

If you filled out the application accurately, your check packet should contain directions on how to provide proof of income in your situation.

I may be mistaken - but I was under the impression Capital One was no longer underwriting loans for those of us in non-W2 employee situations.

Edit:

Here's the information I have, which I think came from this form at one time...

As of 2/25/2009, self-employed or independant contractor income will no longer be accepted. All applications showing self-employed or independant contractor income will be declined.
Edited by bostonte

So you're treated as an independent contractor (self employed as far as most lenders are concerned)?

Did you indicate otherwise on the application?

If you filled out the application accurately, your check packet should contain directions on how to provide proof of income in your situation.

I may be mistaken - but I was under the impression Capital One was no longer underwriting loans for those of us in non-W2 employee situations.

Edit:

Here's the information I have, which I think came from this form at one time...

As of 2/25/2009, self-employed or independant contractor income will no longer be accepted. All applications showing self-employed or independant contractor income will be declined.

Guess Im screwed then. I get paid with a company check. No paystubs but the check thats written doesn't show the amount of cash I make as well. For instance i received 3100 in bonuses in cash for november.

• Admin

Just applied for cap 1 blank check and was approved. The next page asked me for 2 references, no problem. Copy of a DL, ok no problem. But they also want proof of income which I cant provide. I get paid with a company check. I dont get pay stubs. What else can I do?

Are you a W2 employee or a 1099 employee?

The last post in this topic was posted 3635 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.